Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax still looking...

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
fingers
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Rex
Olafsto
caniplaywithmadness?
Temple of Blood
krokus
TheGooch
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Troublezone
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 1:21 pm

I just hope the new guy is a singer and not a RRRRRRRWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA screamer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:32 pm

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWOOOOOOOAAAAAA SINGERS ARE FOR THE MOST PART, PRETTY LAME.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
According to Blabbermouth...

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

thank god
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm

I think that Anthrax should ditch the whole metal thing. and go back to their I'm The Man song and start being a rap group. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:15 pm

I lost interest in Anthrax after Sound Of White Noise, so I guess it doesn't really matter to me who they get. I'm more interested in the Joey era because apart from Among The Living, I've only just gotten it to that era.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:51 am

Damn, I was really looking forward to hearing an Anthrax album with Whit Crane at the helm. I hope this new guy has the pipes for the job.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:02 pm

I actually like all of the singers Anthrax has had. Neil Turbon and Joey Belladonna are probably my favorites though.

Too bad they can't get Neil to come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:59 pm

fingers wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
According to Blabbermouth...

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

thank god
Pffft! He would have been awesome in the band. Like I mentioned, he could do the old stuff and the new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:57 am

Nowadays, Anthrax is LAME. What they're probably gonna end up doing is sponsoring some reality tv show on MTV where they'll get singing hopefuls to tryout for the revered position of "ANTHRAX VOCALIST". This will ensure that they get some well needed publicity, as well as $10! They' ve lost most of their metal spirit, imho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:24 pm

I'm not writing Anthrax off just yet. "We've Come for You All" was a pretty decent album IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 am

Not ofr nothin' but Dan Nelson is my cousin. He is the new vocalist for Anthrax. It will be released on thier website tomorrow. Dan's a singer, not a screamer/roarer. I think you'll all like him. He's been working hard at this since he was 10! He's definitely got the pipes!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:02 am

GDtoBme wrote:
Not ofr nothin' but Dan Nelson is my cousin. He is the new vocalist for Anthrax. It will be released on thier website tomorrow. Dan's a singer, not a screamer/roarer. I think you'll all like him. He's been working hard at this since he was 10! He's definitely got the pipes!!

GDtoBme, welcome to the board. Hope you are right about your cousin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:29 am

Thanks GrandNational.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 4:09 am

Always liked Anthrax, and the news that they've finally settled on a new singer is great! Interested to know if Dan Nelson compares to any other metal singers, or does he have a style of his own?
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:03 am

dan nelson? haven't heard of him before tbh. hopefully hes good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:38 am

Dan has a huge following here in NYC/Long Island area. He's got a great voice and the chicks dig him (always a plus). As far as his sound... I've always thought he was unique but he has an uncanny ability to mimic other singers. I've heard him do great covers of Anthrax (Bush especially), Metallica, and it may sound strange but he does this unbelievable cover of a Johnny Cash song.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:14 am

sounds promising
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:31 pm

Wow, I'm getting stoked about this. If Dan Nelson can sing like John Bush, that's a major plus. Especially live when they play the old stuff. Do you know when Anthrax is planning on releasing their new one? Sometime in 08 I hope?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 pm

http://www.ilike.com/artist/search?artist_qp=devilsize

He does sound like Bush a bit, but more like the ex-Soil/current Drowning Pool vocalist. He's a modern metal vocalist, though. Not really what I would say is the best sound for the band. He won't be touching the early stuff, and even the Bush stuff may come off too aggro-90s. I won't just him on these four songs, but I think Bush has a better sound.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:10 am

I like him! I'm looking forward to this CD!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just hope the new guy is a singer and not a RRRRRRRWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA screamer.

Hes a Bush clone!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:07 am

Heres some more songs

Obviously the Anthrax songs will be better, but those are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 am

Eyesore wrote:

He does sound like Bush a bit, but more like the ex-Soil/current Drowning Pool vocalist. He's a modern metal vocalist, though. Not really what I would say is the best sound for the band. He won't be touching the early stuff, and even the Bush stuff may come off too aggro-90s. I won't just him on these four songs, but I think Bush has a better sound.

I'd have to say so, but it seems like Bush is just done, too bad. Maybe he'll pull a Ian Gillan and start doing Armored Saint hardcore again.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:35 am

i'd love to hear Bush doing Armoured Saint full time again. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Heres some more songs

Obviously the Anthrax songs will be better, but those are pretty good.
That's the same link I posted. And I wouldn't call him a Bush clone. He only slightly resembles him. He sounds more like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3XCuRjTSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_j0hb007Y

Love that song second song, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax still looking...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next