Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax still looking...

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
fingers
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Rex
Olafsto
caniplaywithmadness?
Temple of Blood
krokus
TheGooch
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Troublezone
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 am

mc666 wrote:
i'd love to hear Bush doing Armoured Saint full time again. Smile

that would be awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:31 am

Guys and Girls, the fact that he sounds good enough to be called a "Bush Clone" is a compliment. Just wait and see what his range is!! I've heard him do some of the early Anthrax stuff. Just close your eyes and your back in the 80's. FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:38 am

GDtoBme wrote:
FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we not have filtering anymore?
thinking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am

Sorry all. Didn't mean to be vulgar. I'm just really excited!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 am

GDtoBme wrote:
Sorry all. Didn't mean to be vulgar. I'm just really excited!

Smile
So would I be if I could just close my eyes, listen to my cousin sing, and be back in the 80`s.
Welcome btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm

GDtoBme wrote:
Guys and Girls, the fact that he sounds good enough to be called a "Bush Clone" is a compliment. Just wait and see what his range is!! I've heard him do some of the early Anthrax stuff. Just close your eyes and your back in the 80's. FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?

I'm honesty excited about this new guy! I hope they diden't scare too many fans aways with their switching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:53 pm

They need Bush...but whatever.

They can't lay the band down because the only way they can generate any income is to tour as Anthrax...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Apparently, Scott & Charlie did some live chat the other night and confimed the report. This guy IS the new singer for Anthrax. The music and lyrics for the new album are done, the new guy just needs to lay down vocals and a new album should be out by early 2008.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I would be really surprised if this guy can do the old Anthrax stuff. I don't hear that in any of those samples.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 pm

I hope this new guy works out well for Anthrax's sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:33 pm

Olafsto wrote:

Smile
So would I be if I could just close my eyes, listen to my cousin sing, and be back in the 80`s.
Welcome btw

I guess I am a little biased insane . Thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:59 pm

They're probably pissed with all the problems of late (drama) so maybe that will produce a aggressive album for us that like thrash leanings.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:08 pm

I bet Scott and Charlie are cursing Jon Schaffer's timing, that will certainly overshadow their news Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:24 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I bet Scott and Charlie are cursing Jon Schaffer's timing, that will certainly overshadow their news Laughing

I bet Scott and Charlie are calling Jon Schaffer right now and saying "Dude, can we have Owens' number?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Owens in Anthrax? Right on! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They can't lay the band down because the only way they can generate any income is to tour as Anthrax...

They need Belladonna if they want decent sales.

They gave Bush plenty of chances. Granted, it wasn't all his fault but I don't think he was a wonderful fit. Not impressed with his versions of their old songs.

Ultimately it comes down mainly to the strength of their new material, regardless of the singer, and I have low expectations.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Owens in Anthrax? Right on! Haha.

I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They won't get decent CD sales no matter who's singing...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sad but true. I'll give the new guy a chance because I've liked 'thrax for many, many years, but they'll never hit any level of huge sales or popularity anymore. Their time in the lime-light has passed and will only appeal to the hardcore, fans.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Depends on how you define decent of course.

A reunion w/ Belladonna would sell at least 3 times as much as a sequel to WCFYA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They gave Bush plenty of chances. Granted, it wasn't all his fault but I don't think he was a wonderful fit. Not impressed with his versions of their old songs.

Ultimately it comes down mainly to the strength of their new material, regardless of the singer, and I have low expectations.
If I had to guess, I'd say that the Bush-era sold better than Belladona-era.

Either way, Belladonna or Bush, neither wrote the music, and ultimately that is what has been dragging this band down. They're spending too much energy trying to be something instead of just being what they are.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:23 pm

What makes you think WCFYA isn't what they were feeling at that time, and was somehow inauthentic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:59 am

I vote on me to replace the voice in the band. kkkkk
My tone is similar to BellaDona's voice!! kkkkkkkkk

Or thy should just lay the band to rest, like said kmorg

kkk
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:46 am

i think they will split up. i would not be too upset they always were the weakest link in the big four
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Welp, looks like Dan from Long Island is officially the new Anthrax singer. Just saw this on Blabbermouth. All I can say is Good luck, buddy... if recent Anthrax history is any indication, you're gonna need it...

New ANTHRAX Singer: 'The Naysayers Are Gonna Be Shut Down' - Dec. 13, 2007

ANTHRAX has issued a press release officially announcing its new singer, Dan Nelson. Nelson, 32, is a virtual unknown, having fronted several local bands in the Long Island/New York area, including DEVILSIZE and ME, MY ENEMY. Drummer Charlie Benante says, "Rob [Caggiano, ANTHRAX lead guitarist] called me and said, 'I have a singer, you should check him out.' We gave him a shot, and he floored us."
After a successful reunion tour with returning vocalist Joey Belladonna in 2006, there were rumors of recording a new album with that lineup. However, talks fell through and the band was left, once again, without a frontman.
"I was actually looking for a band," commented Nelson. "Long Island is a pretty dead scene. I was in UNBROKEN, and through that I met Rob a couple years ago. I had gone through some stuff on a personal side where I took time off from the music. When I got back to the scene, I couldn't find a band, so I contacted Rob through MySpace and offered my services. We sent music back and forth, got together, and jammed for 10 hours straight. After 10 hours, he said, 'I think you'd be right for ANTHRAX."
"There's no place else I'd rather be right now," Nelson said. "It's a great vibe. I feel great, and I'm ready to go. It's lit that much more of a fire under me. I'm getting to live the dream, and it feels amazing. I can't wait for all these people who think ANTHRAX is done to be proven wrong. The naysayers are gonna be shut down, and the true-blue fans are gonna be pleased.”
Guitarist Scott Ian commented on the new singer saying, "It feels great working with Dan. The first time we jammed, we ran through a bunch of old songs, songs from the John Bush/Joey Belladonna eras. Right from the first second Dan started 'Room For One More' we knew. We said, 'Now that we've got that, let's work his ass off.'"

ANTHRAX, featuring Nelson on vocals, guitarists Ian and Rob Caggiano, bassist Frankie Bello, and drummer Benante, is currently working on all-new material. "We wrote these songs and they smurfing kicked ass," says Benante. "It was cathartic. We also want to take our time. This record will be under the microscope, more so than the others. We want to make sure it's 100% perfect."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax still looking...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next