Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Queensryche song...

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
Sword Of The Heretic
mr.electric39
Wurthless
ZetaReticuli
Witchfinder
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
chewie
Troublezone
kmorg
Morrison
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
exact33
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm still going to buy this album as I did every thing they have released.

Why encourage them? Leave it on the rack.

Besides, it would be funny as hell to see Blabbermouth announcing their "first week sales" as zero. Very Happy

"Never in the history of the recording industry has an album racked up a sales total of zero in its first week," said a representative of Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. "We are embarrassed for the band, for their fans, and for ourselves. We humbly apologize and will now lock the members of Queensryche in the studio, withholding food and water from them, until they can come up with something resembling a halfway decent album again."

Rumors that the record label planned to take all existing copies of the "Dedicated to Chaos" CD back and bury them in the desert next to those millions of unsold "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" Atari 2600 cartridges from the '80s remain unconfirmed at press time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Besides, it would be funny as hell to see Blabbermouth announcing their "first week sales" as zero. Very Happy

"Never in the history of the recording industry has an album racked up a sales total of zero in its first week," said a representative of Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. "We are embarrassed for the band, for their fans, and for ourselves. We humbly apologize and will now lock the members of Queensryche in the studio, withholding food and water from them, until they can come up with something resembling a halfway decent album again."

Rumors that the record label planned to take all existing copies of the "Dedicated to Chaos" CD back and bury them in the desert next to those millions of unsold "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" Atari 2600 cartridges from the '80s remain unconfirmed at press time.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
They have decided to do music they like and I have decided I dont like it.

It really is as simple as that...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Actually just read your post and you know what I did this past weekend when I saw it? I left it right where it was. Take that Queensryche!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Actually just read your post and you know what I did this past weekend when I saw it? I left it right where it was. Take that Queensryche!

Atta boy! You GO, PRD!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Queensryche doesn't know what Metal is anymore... They're barely even Rock these days.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Pussy.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 pm

BAHAHA! This was on Queensryche's Facebook.

Dedicated to Chaos is the sound of Queensrÿche marching forward artistically, philosophically and sonically. Their commitment to their craft is unwavering. Their ability to challenge themselves and create new soundscapes is unparalleled in hard rock.

I don't know about y'all, but I got a good lol outta that.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Pussy.

lol!
I already saw one on amazon for $5 I'll give it another few weeks

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 am

They should just re-title the album "Dedicated To Mediocrity", that seems more accurate. And that's just a guess, cause I can't even muster up enough want to play a free sample on youtube.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 am

}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:

Dedicated to Chaos is the sound of Queensrÿche marching forward artistically, philosophically and sonically. Their commitment to their craft is unwavering. Their ability to challenge themselves and create new soundscapes is unparalleled in hard rock.

Why? Quality aside, it sounds fairly accurate.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
Queensryche doesn't know what Metal is anymore... They're barely even Rock these days.

Exactly

The band that gave us the might queen of the reich is no more Sad
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:

Why? Quality aside, it sounds fairly accurate.

Mainly the "hard rock" part and the "commitment to their craft." part...
Anyway, why you gotta be ruining my fun?!
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 am

Apparently, the band are already writing material for their next album.

http://www.loudmag.com.au/content/queensryche-still-dedicated

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:11 am

If this is what happens when they "challenge" themselves artistically, then they need to stop it.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If this is what happens when they "challenge" themselves artistically, then they need to stop it.

Hit the nail on the head there. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 am

}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Hit the nail on the head there. lol!

yep. for me, I enjoy the earlier material and will stick with that.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am

Do not send these people (Queensryche) another dime!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:56 am

Tate has way too much "creative control" in the band. I heard Michael Wilton is still interested in Metal. Too bad he doesn't have more say...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 am

They (Tate) take themselves TOO seriously, that's part of the problem. Instead of taking the attitude of "we're a band who makes music", he seems to put himself/the band into more of a "we're social commentary performance artists reflecting the world around us and pointing out how mainstream and currnet we are...did I mention the internet??"...

Sheesh...Tate has officially disappeared up his own ass.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They (Tate) take themselves TOO seriously, that's part of the problem. Instead of taking the attitude of "we're a band who makes music", he seems to put himself/the band into more of a "we're social commentary performance artists reflecting the world around us and pointing out how mainstream and currnet we are...did I mention the internet??"...

Sheesh...Tate has officially disappeared up his own ass.

it reaks of elitism....

thrashindeed
Metal novice
Metal novice
thrashindeed

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm

How can you even explain this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5L3J95Akw&feature=related my ears... they bleed
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:19 pm

thrashindeed wrote:
How can you even explain this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5L3J95Akw&feature=related my ears... they bleed

sick
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't know if this interview was posted earlier, but apparently Michael Wilton really did just phone in his guitar parts! He doesn't seem too excited about this album either.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/15/michael-wilton-interview-dedicated-to-chaos/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Queensryche song...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next