Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Queensryche song...

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
Sword Of The Heretic
mr.electric39
Wurthless
ZetaReticuli
Witchfinder
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
chewie
Troublezone
kmorg
Morrison
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
exact33
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:17 pm

tired

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Sad

Holy smurf poo!!!! This is worse than Eye II Eye by Scorpions!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I have come to the conclusion that the only reason why they continue to use the name Queensryche is because they know no one will buy this stuff under anything else.

Maybe this will sound better with headphones though. Geoff Tate seems to think so Rolling Eyes

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that the only reason why they continue to use the name Queensryche is because they know no one will buy this stuff under anything else.

we have a winner! 100% correct!!

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Sad

Actually, that's not too bad...reminds me of something from Hear In The Now Frontier, which I didn't think was as bad as most people. I am not going to rush out and buy it as I am pretty much done with Queensryche. This isn't bad, but it doesn't scream "BUY ME!!!" either...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I think Hear In The Now Frontier is a great album, but this song...I don't know. I think these guys have just wandered too far away from what musically made them Queensrcyhe; it's hard for me to continue being open to this kind of music under that name. As a Geoff Tate solo album, not a problem. As Queensryche...man, I don't know. Tough pill to swallow.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think Hear In The Now Frontier is a great album, but this song...I don't know. I think these guys have just wandered too far away from what musically made them Queensrcyhe; it's hard for me to continue being open to this kind of music under that name. As a Geoff Tate solo album, not a problem. As Queensryche...man, I don't know. Tough pill to swallow.

Right, but HitNF was pretty far from what made them Queensryche too, most would argue...

I agree, I could accept this as a Tate solo album...but still probably would not buy it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Right, but HitNF was pretty far from what made them Queensryche too, most would argue...

I agree, I could accept this as a Tate solo album...but still probably would not buy it.
Oh, it definitely was. It's just much easier to handle musical progression when the music is solid. And even with the style difference on Hear In The Now Frontier, it still sounded like Queensryche. Not Queensryche of old, but there were distinct sounds that made it them, you know? It's one of those intangibles; it was just there. You don't necessarily notice it then, but when it's gone, you know it's gone.

But at least with Q2K and some of Tribe and OM:II, there were some really good tunes. American Soldier, in my opinion, is pretty bad. I really liked "At 30,000 Feet," but that was it. And this new one, I haven't been moved by anything I've heard.

I don't know. Maybe I'm trying to justify things because I'm bummed that I didn't like the last album and probably won't like this upcoming one.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:59 am

That was pretty lame.... sounds like it was just written to get on the radio ..... As if anyone was gonna actually play it unfortunately....

I think I'll pull out Blood of Nations and listen to that !!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Scott Rockenfield thinks they made a "metal" record:

We made a metal record. It's definitely a heavy, dark "Dedicated To Chaos" type of record that is unlike anything out there.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:01 pm

I know I just read that. These guys are really out of touch at what "metal" sounds like nowadays. I'm all for bands changing their sound and experimenting but they just went somewhere else.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 pm

I know I just read that. These guys are really out of touch at what "metal" sounds like nowadays. I'm all for bands changing their sound and experimenting but they just went somewhere else.

When you consider that today bands like Evanesence, Stone Sour and Disturbed are what is considered Metal then maybe they're not?

Queensryche is in a whole different league in terms of how they're perceived and how THEY perceive themselves. Once you have Platinum-selling, radio hits, arena tours, etc it skews your whole perspective and how you measure what you do. They consider themselves part of the mainstream since you can still hear "Silent Lucidity" on the radio and since every press release mentions how successful Empire & Mindcrime were.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't know about "dedicated to chaos".

More like "Dedicated to making more crappy music"
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

When you consider that today bands like Evanesence, Stone Sour and Disturbed are what is considered Metal then maybe they're not?

Queensryche is in a whole different league in terms of how they're perceived and how THEY perceive themselves. Once you have Platinum-selling, radio hits, arena tours, etc it skews your whole perspective and how you measure what you do. They consider themselves part of the mainstream since you can still hear "Silent Lucidity" on the radio and since every press release mentions how successful Empire & Mindcrime were.

If those are todays Metal bands then I have no idea as to what Metal is anymore.

I'm still going to buy this album as I did every thing they have released. I'm hoping theres at least 1 song I will like. Theres only so much you can tell by 2 songs or snippets of the whole album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Sad

This song is beyond awful...I'm so glad I didn't love this band back in 1983, as I would probably be reduced to tears if that were the case. I didn't jump on the bandwagon until 1988. I fell off that same wagon sometime in the late 90's. I have the E.P through that of Empire, along with a few songs burned up to that Q2K. This band has to have taken the biggest nose dive of any that I've gotten into, and that includes Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Sad

This song is beyond awful...I'm so glad I didn't love this band back in 1983, as I would probably be reduced to tears if that were the case. I didn't jump on the bandwagon until 1988. I fell off that same wagon sometime in the late 90's. I have the E.P through that of Empire, along with a few songs burned up to that Q2K. This band has to have taken the biggest nose dive of any that I've gotten into, and that includes Def Leppard.

Those are strong words............ and I have to agree! This song blows. For a moment it sounded like one of those late 80s save the world POP tunes or Jon Anderson at his worst!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Classic Rock is offering a free Queensryche track from their forthcoming album just saying...
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 pm

What did you guys expect? Queen of the Reich style material?

Anyways, I don't expect to enjoy anything this band does ever again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Required Fields wrote:

No. Just a certain degree of intensity or passion, regardless of style shifts...they had that all the way up through HitNF...you BELIEVED them...now they sound so bored and everything sounds "phoned in" regardless of how much they tell you they're into it or branching out or being "bold, daring and modern"...it's just boring.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Required Fields wrote:

No, I expect GOOD songs and the songs just suck now!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

No, I expect GOOD songs and the songs just suck now!!!!

+1
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 am

Seems like a fair, balanced review:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/44148/Queensryche-Dedicated-to-Chaos/

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 am

It's like they're trying to sound like modern U2...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Seems like a fair, balanced review:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/44148/Queensryche-Dedicated-to-Chaos/

Did they not learn anything from Scorpion's Eye II Eye?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm

To be honest - I dont really care a whole lot about a new QR release. They have decided to do music they like and I have decided I dont like it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Queensryche song...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next