Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Queensryche song...

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
Sword Of The Heretic
mr.electric39
Wurthless
ZetaReticuli
Witchfinder
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
chewie
Troublezone
kmorg
Morrison
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
exact33
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:37 pm

No longer a band at all, the "Geoff Tate Project". He was always way too self-important anyway.

I haven't liked anything they've done since Promised Land and I don't really need to hear that stuff again anytime soon either. I think I've heard Jet City Woman enough for one lifetime.

They had the potential at one point to be a really special band, but now they just seem like a lost opportunity. (just my opinion, of course)

Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Went fishing today in an old spot I havent been to in about 20 years. I brought my Ipod and speakers, having music when fishing is a past time favorite at this old spot. Put it on shuffle and Queensryche came on "through the eyes of a stranger"........ and I was just blown away by how good they were back then. It took me back to those days 20 years ago. Then I decided to listen to the new album and I realized that these guys today cant offer me good memories 20 years from now. They just are to different.

They dont age like a fine wine like many other acts have. It is just sad, because at one time they were leaders of a pack!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:41 pm

chewie wrote:
I don't know if this interview was posted earlier, but apparently Michael Wilton really did just phone in his guitar parts! He doesn't seem too excited about this album either.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/15/michael-wilton-interview-dedicated-to-chaos/

wow he really didnt sound all that excited at all. He is more interested in his solo stuff...

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm

lol! Looks like we showed them!

"Dedicated To Chaos", the new album from Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE, sold 8,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, the epic concept album "American Soldier", opened with 21,000 units back in April 2009 to enter the chart at No. 25. This was roughly half the first-week tally registered by QUEENSRŸCHE's "Operation: Mindcrime II" album, which shifted 44,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release back in April 2006 to debut at No. 14 on The Billboard 200 chart.

QUEENSRŸCHE's 2003 effort, "Tribe", sold 20,000 copies in the first week while 1999's "Q2K", opened with sales of 28,000.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:13 pm

and I bet the only reason OM2 sold 44,000 copies was because it had Operation Mindcrime in the title.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

of course. It wasn't a bad album though, just not like the original which I wasn't expecting it to be either.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
chewie wrote:
I don't know if this interview was posted earlier, but apparently Michael Wilton really did just phone in his guitar parts! He doesn't seem too excited about this album either.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/15/michael-wilton-interview-dedicated-to-chaos/

wow he really didnt sound all that excited at all. He is more interested in his solo stuff...

That was an interesting read. Doesn't sound like Wilton really cares much about the new album or the direction they've taken. I guess QR is the paycheck so he can make the music he likes with his side projects.

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

sounds like the paycheck for being in Queensryche keeps going down and down...Wilton needs to jump ship and do something he REALLY wants to do.

Geoff Tate will end up on American Idol as a judge at some point...just watch...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Sattelite radio did a "Ryche & Roll weekend", playing old stuff along with tracks from the new album. Nothing I heard made me want to get the new album that's for sure. If anything, it made me long to hear their older material and what they used to be.

Well, like someone else mentioned, they can do whatever the hell they want these days. But I sure don't have to buy it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sattelite radio did a "Ryche & Roll weekend", playing old stuff along with tracks from the new album. Nothing I heard made me want to get the new album that's for sure. If anything, it made me long to hear their older material and what they used to be.

Well, like someone else mentioned, they can do whatever the hell they want these days. But I sure don't have to buy it.

That would be weird to me. Queensryche is a band that I would say lost it's identity. It's like you can play one of these new songs up against something off of Mindcrime or RFO and think it's not even the same band. But you can play something from The Circle up against Slippery When Wet and think "it sound like Bon Jovi"...they found a way to change and retain identity...IMO, Ryche did not.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That would be weird to me. Queensryche is a band that I would say lost it's identity. It's like you can play one of these new songs up against something off of Mindcrime or RFO and think it's not even the same band. But you can play something from The Circle up against Slippery When Wet and think "it sound like Bon Jovi"...they found a way to change and retain identity...IMO, Ryche did not.

Yea, at least they were smart enough not to play the songs back-to-back. The contrast would've been too obvious. But still, hearing 'Queen of the Ryche', a few other songs, then back to Queensryche for something off the new album was just...I dunno. Sad?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Hopefully Queensryche will break up now with only 8K sold the first week... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hopefully Queensryche will break up now with only 8K sold the first week... Very Happy

x2
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

x2

Or stop putting out crap!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That's not much worse than many other comparable bands is it? Say, DREAM THEATER or FATES WARNING?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That's not much worse than many other comparable bands is it? Say, DREAM THEATER or FATES WARNING?

Can't really say they're comparable in terms of sales and audience since Queensryche has at one time been an arena headliner and has platinum albums...something neither FW or DT has accomplished.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

They'll still kill in concert and merchandise sales. People love QR not matter what crap they put out now. I know that is certainly the case in my area. As long as they keep playing Silent Lucidity and the O:M stuff, people will go to see them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

And, incedentally, from what I can find online Black Clouds & Silver Linings sold 40K in its first week.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They'll still kill in concert and merchandise sales. People love QR not matter what crap they put out now. I know that is certainly the case in my area. As long as they keep playing Silent Lucidity and the O:M stuff, people will go to see them.

METALLICA syndrome?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

METALLICA syndrome?

No because if Metallica farted on tape it would move a million units, don't believe me? I present to you exhibit A:

New Queensryche song... - Page 5 51Q827J17JL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 pm

manny wrote:
No because if Metallica farted on tape it would move a million units,

True.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:52 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

METALLICA syndrome?

No because if Metallica farted on tape it would move a million units, don't believe me? I present to you exhibit A:

New Queensryche song... - Page 5 51Q827J17JL._SL500_AA300_

calling that a fart is an insult to farts...

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 am

While I do enjoy their earlier material...Queensryche have been grossly overrated their entire career. They are a perfectly serviceable band with quite a few good tracks...but they wouldn't even make my top 50.

I went back and listened to quite a bit of their catalog about a year or so ago...I enjoyed it, but that will probably hold me over for another decade until I get in the mood to hear them again.

Too many other good bands and other styles of music that are of much higher importance to me. A group pretty much has to floor me with the majority of their material to make my playlist.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:41 am

Queensryche was fantastic right up through Promise Land, in my opinion. And they were good for a couple albums after that, up until American Soldier, I think.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:14 am

IMO, Queensryche was intense, adventurous, and untouchable all the way through Promised Land. They played many different styles over the course of those years but never lost their edge. I was a F-A-N-B-O-Y in these years and they could do no wrong. Saw them on Empire and Promised Land tours and they were amazing.

Beginning with HITNF, they began letting some of the intensity ease off. I think that is a good album, but IMO it's their last really "good" album. It may have been more mellow, but still sounded like Queensryche.

After this, Q2K had a couple of OK songs (saw them on this tour too...not bad but Kelly Gray's wah-pedal was too much), Tribe was horrible, weak and lame IMO. OM:2 had a couple of OK songs, as did American Soldier. I only heard the covers album once and a couple worked OK, but overall I was unimpressed. Everything I have heard off of this new album has just made me sad. The first video in this thread sounded OK to me when I first heard it...but subsequent spins and listening to other bits where I can find them just bums me out. What the hell happened to Queensryche?? Where is the intensity?

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Queensryche song...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next