Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Queensryche song...

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
Sword Of The Heretic
mr.electric39
Wurthless
ZetaReticuli
Witchfinder
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
chewie
Troublezone
kmorg
Morrison
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
exact33
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
No DeGarmo = No Queensryche.
Makes no sense. People always say this, but they never actually think about what they're saying.

So I'll give my standard reply: Hear in the Now Frontier was mainly written by DeGarmo. Spys4Darwin, his first post QR band, was alt-rock. He also co-wrote a few songs with Dredg, which was alt-rock. He also co-write a couple tunes on QR's Tribe, which are nothing like old QR.

So tell me, why the hell does anyone think the presence of Chris DeGarmo would change anything? It wouldn't. Style-wise, at least. He'd probably help lift the quality of songwriting, but still it would be nothing like old QR.

Well, it makes some sense considering he was their main songwriter during all those years when QR wrote good songs.

Tell me why you assumed their new material has to be just like old QR or that I am saying they must be.

Lifting the quality of the songwriting is an excellent idea at this point.

A lot of people have left metal for a while and come back in some form or another. Kurdt Vanderhoof (another great metal songwriter) dabbled in prog rock for a while then resurrected METAL CHURCH.

I'm not even saying QR has to be metal anymore. But at least be good slightly prog-ish hard rock to keep somewhat in line with their roots.

I see no evidence they can write a good album anymore without DeGarmo helping write it for them. Granted, even then it is far from a certainty as you fairly pointed out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:34 pm

to be honest, I dont care who is writing - if the music is good, Ill buy it.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:55 am

To me, it almost ended after Operation mindcrime.

Too bad, for a band who delivered my favourite speed metal song of all time, queen of the reich.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:49 am

Sample for the entire album are up at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050VI6BY/ref=mu_dm_alb_dp

Personally, I think we have a new contender for worst Queensryche Album ever!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:13 am

Zero intensity in those samples...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I'm scared

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Zero intensity in those samples...

Now..... I'm really scared...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:18 pm

I think ya'll are some muthafockin haters! With song titles such as "Hot Spot Junkie", "Wot We Do", "Retail Therapy" and "Big Noize" how can this album miss???!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Now I'm sick after listening to that.. haha ugh..It's what I expected it was going to sound like. I'm still going to pick it up. it's just a shame they can't seem to write anything catchy anymore. I was hoping with the move to Roadrunner they would have been pushed to write in another direction, but apparently not.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Now I'm sick after listening to that.. haha ugh..It's what I expected it was going to sound like. I'm still going to pick it up. it's just a shame they can't seem to write anything catchy anymore. I was hoping with the move to Roadrunner they would have been pushed to write in another direction, but apparently not.

Why pick it up? That way they will think they should make more albums.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
I think ya'll are some muthafockin haters! With song titles such as "Hot Spot Junkie", "Wot We Do", "Retail Therapy" and "Big Noize" how can this album miss???!!!

Wot r u talkin bout Spec? LOL!!!!!

wow - the songs just suck and are boring...... I wish they where better..... I will wait until the "entire album available for streaming" option is available so I can write a review on this turdfest........ I was hoping they where getting their songwriting skills back, but no dice
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

lol!

and to think I didnt think that was possible...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Wow...that sounds terrible. No hooks, no heavy riffs, Geoff's voice is increasingly annoying, terrible. And what the hell does Dedicated to Chaos mean in the context of those songs? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:12 pm

I am DEFINITELY going to skip this. Ugh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:59 pm

I still haven't heard their last album, American Soldier. I so use to love this band when their first three albums came out. Had Warning painted on the back of my denim vest in high school.

The samples sound very mellow. I wouldn't mind hearing it for myself, but I won't rush out to buy this one. Too much other stuff I really want.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wow...that sounds terrible. No hooks, no heavy riffs, Geoff's voice is increasingly annoying, terrible. And what the hell does Dedicated to Chaos mean in the context of those songs? Pffft!

You know, I was thinking the same thing about Tate...I used to WORSHIP this guy...now when I hear him sing I kinda cringe at times...

Maybe I did not hear enough of the songs to get to any hooks, but there was certainly a sever lack of intensiity to me...so dispassionate.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:58 pm

I just noticed on facebook they posted theres a deluxe version with 4 bonus tracks. I wonder what those songs sound like.... Rolling Eyes

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:01 pm

So that sucks. Oh well, I haven't bought a new album of theirs since Hear In The Now Frontier.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:24 pm

I just noticed on facebook they posted theres a deluxe version with 4 bonus tracks. I wonder what those songs sound like.... Rolling Eyes
Those are the old-school songs.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:25 pm

a couple of those songs sounded almost like hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:21 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
a couple of those songs sounded almost like hip-hop.
R&B. They at least warned us of that.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You know, I was thinking the same thing about Tate...I used to WORSHIP this guy...now when I hear him sing I kinda cringe at times...
I don't know what it is. Is he not mixed well anymore, his vocals to separate in the mix? Or is he too sharp? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:26 pm

I was reading the liner notes to the Queensryche EP and it pretty clearly states that Geoff Tate was basically dragged into the band, he never wanted to be a metal singer. He was a prog rocker. Now he's a sh!tty pop rocker.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

it means you get to pay more to have your ears beaten silly...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Queensryche song...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next