Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Queensryche song...

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
Sword Of The Heretic
mr.electric39
Wurthless
ZetaReticuli
Witchfinder
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
chewie
Troublezone
kmorg
Morrison
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
exact33
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

New Queensryche song... Empty
PostSubject: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Taken from a radio stream so it sounds thin...but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3GkxqCPks

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:59 pm

AWESOME..................ly negligible.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:03 pm

its ok. I havent been terribly impressed with anything of theirs for awhile and this one continues that trend...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:09 pm

New Queensryche song... CNR_meh

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Move along please - nothing to see here.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

This is the bold, modern direction Tate was talking about? The song just kind of lays there...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:21 pm

They could try getting the cabaret girls again to dance to this when they perform live to spice it up.

What other tricks can they pull to distract from their songwriting?

Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:40 pm

...take me back to "Queen of the Reich".
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Hell, take me back to Promised Land...

When he was saying modern, rhythmic, bold, etc I was expecting a cross between Muse and Rage For Order...which I think would be cool...not a straight forward dull rock song.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:15 pm

What else is new? This is actually better than anything off of Q2K or Tribe.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
This is actually better than anything off of Q2K or Tribe.

That's like saying "The turd I left this morning is actually better than the one I left after eating 6 microwave bean burritos." New Queensryche song... 288219

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Quote :

They could try getting the cabaret girls again to dance to this when they perform live to spice it up.

Girls? I heard they were Trannies.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

No DeGarmo = No Queensryche.

Is Tate even interesting to listen to anymore? Without his vocal range of yesteryear, is his voice even appealing? I'm just asking here.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

They're just a boring lounge act these days. One step above elevator music.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hell, take me back to Promised Land...

When he was saying modern, rhythmic, bold, etc I was expecting a cross between Muse and Rage For Order...which I think would be cool...not a straight forward dull rock song.

Now THAT would be interesting!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Ehhhh...it's not terrible. It's better than listening to most pop and country, but it's not terribly exciting either. Tate sounds uninspired and bored. Looks like the vast majority tend to agree from the YouTube comments.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:12 pm

thid is pretty much what i expected. it not bad though. the drums sound a little like the old days. the chorus is stupid though

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Makes no sense. People always say this, but they never actually think about what they're saying.

So I'll give my standard reply: Hear in the Now Frontier was mainly written by DeGarmo. Spys4Darwin, his first post QR band, was alt-rock. He also co-wrote a few songs with Dredg, which was alt-rock. He also co-write a couple tunes on QR's Tribe, which are nothing like old QR.

So tell me, why the hell does anyone think the presence of Chris DeGarmo would change anything? It wouldn't. Style-wise, at least. He'd probably help lift the quality of songwriting, but still it would be nothing like old QR.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Makes no sense. People always say this, but they never actually think about what they're saying.

So I'll give my standard reply: Hear in the Now Frontier was mainly written by DeGarmo. Spys4Darwin, his first post QR band, was alt-rock. He also co-wrote a few songs with Dredg, which was alt-rock. He also co-write a couple tunes on QR's Tribe, which are nothing like old QR.

So tell me, why the hell does anyone think the presence of Chris DeGarmo would change anything? It wouldn't. Style-wise, at least. He'd probably help lift the quality of songwriting, but still it would be nothing like old QR.

I'd agree with that. He would have to go BACK to writing in a style of music that HE doesn't even play anymore.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Exactly!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Yawn.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I did not mind it but I was not in love with it, I do not except them to return to the sounds that made them famous in the first place but I excepted a little more from this band
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Move along please - nothing to see here.....

you got that right. I am not buying this album. I got suckered into OPMCII but not the last one and not this one!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:20 pm

manny wrote:
I did not mind it but I was not in love with it, I do not except them to return to the sounds that made them famous in the first place but I excepted a little more from this band
Why? They've been doing this kind of music for over a decade now.

Honestly, though, this song sounds catchier than most songs from that period. But we'll see when a better version shows up online. Despite the overall dip in quality between the older and newer stuff, they've still managed to do at least an album's worth of excellent tunes and even more decent tunes.

But I still think American Soldier is their worst ever, so we'll see...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:30 pm

I am actually liked most of post DeGarmo material, I do not own OM II or American Solider, but IMO Geoff Tate is still a great vocalist and the band are better songwriters then this song suggest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Queensryche song...   New Queensryche song... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Queensryche song...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next