Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Smindas
Metal Misfit
Shiney
Eyesore
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 am

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-1558205N

Looks like we're getting a US release. Newbury Comics is selling it for $10.99. Preorder gets an autographed booklet. No bonus tracks, though. But you can get those in the you-know-where.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 am

I'm tempted to order that just for the autograph.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Some good news in a sleazeroxx interview with Michael Monroe.

Quote :
Sleaze Roxx: You have put a great band together, although Ginger will be absent from the North American tour this fall because he left the band. What were the circumstances behind his departure?

[size=9]Michael Monroe: Basically he was at a point where he didn't want to tour as much. He has a four year old at home and he wants to spend quality time with his kid and pursue his solo career. Between his family situation, a solo career, and doing this, it was too much. I'll be honest, I was very surprised when he joined that he wanted to be a part of this. He has been the frontman in the past and here he was in a supporting role. I asked him pointblank, "Are you going to be cool being the guitarist in this band?" Ginger said, "Oh, yeah." I talked it over with Sami and he agreed that it would be cool to have him. [size=12]

A few months ago he started asking about the length of the album's touring cycle and I let him know that I wanted to tour for a year. That didn't work for Ginger so I asked him to hold on until we found a replacement. I called Dregen, from The Backyard Babies and The Hellacopters, since the Ginger thing had runs its course.

[size=12][b]Sleaze Roxx: How is the relationship between you and Ginger? I read in an interview were he hoped to help write the next album. Is that something you'd be receptive to?
]Michael Monroe: Right, we are still good friends and we will be writing together in the future. Ginger is a fantastic songwriter and I do want to work with him again. Originally he was just going to help me write this record but he joined the band. Now it looks like he'll just help write in the future
.[/b]
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Sounds cool. But I thought Ginger said he left because, basically, he had zero say, management was crappy, etc?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Sounds cool. But I thought Ginger said he left because, basically, he had zero say, management was crappy, etc?

That's why he left the band.

Apparently he and Michael Monroe are still friends and will still write songs together. That's all that matters in my book.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 am

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Michaelmonroeblackoutcd

Former HANOI ROCKS frontman Michael Monroe will release his new studio album, "Blackout States", on Friday, October 9 via Spinefarm Records. The 13-track follow-up to 2013's "Horns And Halos" was produced by Chips Kiesbye (HELLACOPTERS, NOMADS) in Gothenburg, Sweden, and mixed by Petri Majuri in Helsinki, Finland.

"Blackout States" track listing:

01. This Ain't No Love Song
02. Old King's Road
03. Goin’ Down With The Ship
04. Keep Your Eye On You
05. The Bastard’s Bash
06. Good Old Bad Days
07. R.L.F.
08. Blackout States
09. Under The Northern Lights
10. Permanent Youth
11. Dead Hearts On Denmark Street
12. Six Feet In The Ground
13. Walk Away
14. Break The Noose (vinyl LP bonus track)

With "Blackout States", Monroe's current touring and recording outfit — comprised of bassist Sami Yaffa (ex-HANOI ROCKS, NEW YORK DOLLS), guitarist Steve Conte (ex-NEW YORK DOLLS, COMPANY OF WOLVES), guitarist Rich Jones (ex-BLACK HALOS, AMEN), and drummer Karl Rockfist (ex-CHELSEA SMILES, DANZIG) — provided strong creative support for a groundbreaking artist whose reputation continues to flourish.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 10:40 am

Hmmmm...looks like the Backyard Babies guitarist isn't on this one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:28 am

Looking forward to this one. Still wish he was working with Ginger. =(
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Me too. I thought they made a great songwriting duo.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, he was good at songwriting with Monroe.
But the band Monroe has now is really good, i saw them live at Sweden Rock Festival in June and they kicked some ass Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:29 am

New tune. Good stuff.

http://vevo.ly/TvoccD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3