Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos

Go down 
+2
DallasBlack
exact33
6 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Empty
PostSubject: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Michael Monroe's new album 'Horns And Halos' out in August. The new single 'Ballad Of The Lower East Side' out now.

Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnoiyYEQOIAHJjxgQ5UPQsfYOjnh66Od3iQMA26a-YfWO3k5pMhA

From Blabbermouth:

"Now after several months, the wait is over. Michael Monroe can finally reveal that the band's upcoming studio album, "Horns And Halos", will hit stores everywhere on August 27, 2013 via Spinefarm Records. The band offers a taste of the new album in the form of a new single and video for the track "Ballad Of The Lower East Side", which can be watched now below. The track includes a nod to Michael's early days in New York, a city he moved to for a decade following the mid-'80s break up of glam punk pioneers HANOI ROCKS. The clip — directed by celebrated videographer/photographer Ville Juurikkala, who has photographed Michael for the past 10 years as well as working with LINKIN PARK, GOOD CHARLOTTE and HIM, among others — features archive footage and photos of Michael in prime Big Apple mode, interlaced with current live and backstage scenes.

"The song 'Ballad Of The Lower East Side' is about New York and especially the Lower East Side — what it was way back in the days when I lived there, how times have changed and how it is nowadays," states Monroe. "New York has always been an important city to me since I lived there for 10 years. Two members of our band still live there. It's the City of all Cities."

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Great! Another to add to my ever growing (and as of right now, unable to shrink) wantlist for the year Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Michael has put out some great albums since Hanoi Rocks. This sounds like another great one. He seems like a nice guy from what I have seen on TV.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 pm

And he's now got the guitarist from Backyard Babies in the band.  I'm all over this!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:09 pm

the single sounds good!

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:50 pm

That's actually pretty great! Hanoi were always a cut above in my book (and always bring back memories of a really cute little glam rocker called Mimi! Very Happy)

Good to see that Michael is growing old disgracefully and hasn't lost the mockney accent.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Michael Monroe - Stained Glass Heart

Published on Nov 8, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/michaelmonroeofficial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos   Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Monroe - Horns And Halos
Page 1 of 1