Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Smindas
Metal Misfit
Shiney
Eyesore
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Empty
PostSubject: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Great song, but man...totally sounds like a Wildhearts tune.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 pm

headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Michael Monroe is the original wildheart!

When does this album come out?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:43 pm

It came out a few days ago over here, it's up on the UK's free streaming thingy Spotify so I'm currently check it out. I've been listening to '78 on loop for a good week, so figured the album was worth a try (speaking of which, the official video is here for anyone interested: http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?30609354 - I always forget how odd Michael Monroe's face is...).

'78 definitely has a bit of a Wildhearts vibe, but I don't think the rest of Sensory Overdrive is quite overtly Ginger-y. His song-writing is certainly quite a clear presence, but it also sounds suitably in tone with Monroe's other stuff. Bits of it sound like a heavier Cheap Trick to me, but I might be off with that. It's a fun album, but none of it has grabbed me quite like '78 did. Might take a couple of spins. Definitely worth checking out for Hanoi Rocks and Wildhearts fans, though.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Smindy....Pm me here or over at ST. Maybe we can work out a trade...if you snag this for me.

Send me a want list.

Smile

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Definitely sounds like a Wildhearts song. Good stuff!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Looks like it comes out here this coming Tuesday (3/22).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Haha, Shiney - I was about to say I'd gladly do a trade, if you're willing to wait until next week. You can probably get it quicker than that yourself, now! ;P

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Just saw Toho's post..I'll get it next week...but still send me a list I'll see what I can find for you, we'll work soemthing out.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 pm

My want list is horrendously out-dated, I'll try and update it this weekend or something and pop it your way. I'm sure there's a suitable trade or three brewing.

EDIT: Oh Shiney, forgot to mention - I'm seeing Ginger on his acoustic tour at the end of April. If all goes to plan, he's going to have his new solo album for sale at the merch stand (it isn't officially out until June / July). Give me a shout if you want one of those, provided it does actually pan out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Smindas wrote:
My want list is horrendously out-dated, I'll try and update it this weekend or something and pop it your way. I'm sure there's a suitable trade or three brewing.

EDIT: Oh Shiney, forgot to mention - I'm seeing Ginger on his acoustic tour at the end of April. If all goes to plan, he's going to have his new solo album for sale at the merch stand (it isn't officially out until June / July). Give me a shout if you want one of those, provided it does actually pan out.
Shouting!

Don't forget me when it comes to trades. =)
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Haha, gotcha. You and Shiney (if he wants one) will have to be the limit, as I am a poor student after all ;P

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh...Shiney wants one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Smindas wrote:
Haha, gotcha. You and Shiney (if he wants one) will have to be the limit, as I am a poor student after all ;P
Thank you, sir!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:44 am

Knew you would, S. Now we've just got to see if Ginger can actually get the album ready before the acoustic shows.

In the mean time, back to Sensory Overdrive: the track with Lemmy on is awesome.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:49 am

(Couldn't think of better place to address you guys, so apologies for the irrelevant post)

Shiney, Eyesore: Bad news. Been looking at Ginger's Formspring and Twitter and apparently the new album won't be mixed and ready in time for the gig on Saturday. Guess we'll all just have to wait! Sad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 am

Smindas wrote:
(Couldn't think of better place to address you guys, so apologies for the irrelevant post)

Shiney, Eyesore: Bad news. Been looking at Ginger's Formspring and Twitter and apparently the new album won't be mixed and ready in time for the gig on Saturday. Guess we'll all just have to wait! Sad
Booooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 am

It's out in July though, so not too long to wait at least! With the new Dev releases a bit before that, there's going to be a lot of good music this summer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

I can't wait for the Devy albums. Deconstruction is going to be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, I'm chomping at the bit for it to get leaked. Of course, I'll be pre-ordering it too, but I don't think I can wait for the official release.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I'm chomping at the bit for it to get leaked. Of course, I'll be pre-ordering it too, but I don't think I can wait for the official release.
Oh, I'm downloading it. Haha. Devin always gets my money, but if there before I can buy it, I'm taking it. Sorry, Dev. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:17 pm

A guy I work with recently picked up an import copy of Michael Monroe's SENSORY OVERDRIVE and he just loaned it to me to check out... sounds pretty good. I dig the Lemmy track.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:21 pm

My copy of this shipped over the weekend.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I downloaded the bonus tracks. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I like this disc a lot! After 2 spins, my favorites are:

Trick Of The Wrist
'78
Superpowered Superfly
Modern Day Miracle
Later Won't Wait

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next