Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Smindas
Metal Misfit
Shiney
Eyesore
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Saw this one at Newbury Comics the other day...for $28.99. No thanks! Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:54 pm

I paid about $14 ppd

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Michael Monroe's Facebook page sez the U.S. release has been "postponed," but it will be out here in the Fall.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:58 pm

After 4+ spins this is now my favorite album of 2011 so far. Ginger's songwriting is all over this one as it's chock full of catchy melodies.

'78 is my favorite song (that chorus just gets burned into my brain) but there are lots of memorable songs on this disc. Like this one:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Need the bonus tracks? They're great.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes please!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 am

Crap. I had a feeling this would happen.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00460.shtml

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
Crap. I had a feeling this would happen.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00460.shtml

Man that sucks, but not surprising as you noted. Maybe he will appear on the next Monroe album and just not become a full time member.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:03 am

I think this is it in a nutshell and I respect that Ginger recognizes it:

Quote :
but coming from a position as band leader (with The Wildhearts) this was an increasingly difficult situation for me. I can deal with being a team player but I realise I'm not meant to be a hired hand. Many people are, and they deserve a job too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Fair enough, really. Ginger is the kind of personality that works better as a frontman anyway. Half the fun of his gigs is the banter.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Smindas wrote:
Fair enough, really. Ginger is the kind of personality that works better as a frontman anyway. Half the fun of his gigs is the banter.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

And I was kinda worried about what would become of the Wildhearts. But I really love Ginger's contributions to the new Michael Monroe album and I fear MM will never reach that level again without Ginger's songwriting input.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 am

Well, the status of the Wildhearts is a bit in jeopardy but not because of Ginger's time with Monroe. All the information surrounding it is a bit cryptic, but simply put, whether or not the Wildhearts comes out of their hiatus lies with Scott Sorry. It's a bit weird.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 am

tohostudios wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

And I was kinda worried about what would become of the Wildhearts. But I really love Ginger's contributions to the new Michael Monroe album and I fear MM will never reach that level again without Ginger's songwriting input.

I hate to agree, Michael Monroe was not even the main songwriter in Hanoi Rocks that was Andy McCoy, and on his first solo he had a lot of help in terms of writing the songs etc, this seems to have been more of Ginger's band then Michael Monroe's band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

What songs did Ginger write? I looked online, and I don't see Ginger getting any songwriting credits. Which is weird, because it sounds like an album he wrote.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

I haven't got the album to hand, but from what I gather is Ginger has a writing credit on nearly every track. There was probably a lot of co-writing, but his songwriting mark is unmistakable.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

According to the liner notes, the only song Ginger doesn't have a songwriting credit on is "Debauchery As A Fine Art" which is a Monroe/Lemmy collaboration and not suprisingly, my least favorite song on the disc.

Ginger is the sole songwriting credit on "Superpowered Superfly" and "Later Won't Wait".

If the credit list is an indication of volume of input, he's also listed first on "Trick Of The Wrist", "78", "Modern Day Miracle", "Bombs Away" and "Gone Baby Gone".

So basically Ginger wrote all my favorites from Sensory Overdrive which isn't surprising to me considering he's one of my favorite songwriters. The guy just has an uncanny knack for crafting a memorable hook.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 pm

The album is pretty good but not amazing or anything. I should have a review of it up on my blog soon....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I love it. It's my album of the year to this point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I need to buy this one. Or download it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Alas I still have not gotten it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I need to buy this one. Or download it.

How did you get the bonus tracks without downloading it?

On second thought, nevermind, I probably don't want to know. Razz

You can get it from Amazon zShops for about $12 ppd but I know that kinda pricey by Eyesore standards. I think that's about what I paid. Great album!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

For my money "Sensory Overdrive" sounds like what it really is. Michael Monroe fronting The Wildhearts. The songwriting has Ginger's fingerprints all over it IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Albums like this I'll tend to spend a bit more on, simply because the chances of me finding it cheaper in used bins and such is very slim.

And I totally downloaded the bonus tracks. Haha. I have no problems doing that, especially for an album that has multiple versions with multiple different bonus tracks. But I do buy the album whenever possible. Or practical, rather.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159628

So, Ginger's replacement is none other than Dregen from Backyard Babies. Certainly a good choice, I'm curious to see how it goes.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:51 am

Interesting.

PostSubject: Re: New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!   New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wildhea...I Mean Michael Monroe!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next