Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Monroe and Ginger

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Michael Monroe and Ginger Empty
PostSubject: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Apparently they've formed a band. Potential awesomeness!

Quote :
Legendary rocker Michael Monroe has long been at the forefront of breaking music barriers. This spring he returns with a highly anticipated new group that was announced today (Monday, January 25) at a press conference hosted by pro skater, video director and MTV personality Bam Margera at Swing House Rehearsal & Recording Studios in Hollywood, CA. News about an upcoming album and U.S. tour dates, plus details about the Michael Monroe Mobile Backstage application for mobile devices — the personal hotline between the fans and Monroe's band anywhere in the world at any given time — was unveiled as well.

Michael Monroe's band features bassist Sami Yaffa who has played with a remarkable variety of bands including HANOI ROCKS, NEW YORK DOLLS and JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS, and guitarist Ginger who has dazzled audiences over the world with his band THE WILDHEARTS. Also on guitar is Todd Youth, the master fretman who has played with many top-tier hard rock ensembles, including DANZIG, MOTÖRHEAD, GLEN CAMPBELL, SAMHAIN, D GENERATION and most recently CHELSEA SMILES. Rounding out the band is drummer Jimmy Clark, whose resume includes providing rhythm for the likes of Deborah Harry (who would later introduce him to Michael Monroe), JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS, GLEN BURTNICK, RICK DERRINGER, WYNONNA, BLACKHAWK and THE VAN ZANT BROTHERS. Jimmy also played in Michael's band DEMOLITION 23 which also included Sami Yaffa.

Coming off the HANOI ROCKS rebirth from 2002-2009, Michael Monroe makes his long-awaited mark on America starting with SXSW and West Coast U.S. dates in March with his incredible team of players. In addition to a schedule of exclusive live performances, which also includes East Coast dates in May, Michael Monroe and his band are set to enter the studio in the spring to record a new album for the fall.

Fans can keep up with Monroe and his players via the Michael Monroe Mobile Backstage mobile application available now for free through Apple's iPhone/iPod application store and at www.michaelmonroe.com. With this, Monroe's followers everywhere can experience everything that happens on the road and backstage exclusively in real time through their mobile phone. In addition to viewing and sharing videos, pictures and messages both ways directly with the band, they can comment and rate all material and also connect with other fans. The application works in iPhone, iPod Touch, most of Nokia & Sony Ericsson phones and many of LG's & Samsung's models.

Michael Monroe tour dates:

March 11 - San Francisco, CA @ Paradise Lounge
March 12 - Hollywood, CA @ Viper Room
March 13 - San Diego, CA @ Brick By Brick
March 14 - Redondo Beach, CA @ The Brixton March
March 15 - Las Vegas, NV @ Wasted Space @ Hard Rock
March ? - Austin, TX @ SXSW
headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

WOW!!!! Talk about a glam/sleaze super pairing!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Quote :
Todd Youth, the master fretman who has played with many top-tier hard rock ensembles, including DANZIG, MOTÖRHEAD, GLEN CAMPBELL, SAMHAIN, D GENERATION and most recently CHELSEA SMILES.

When did Todd Youth play with Motorhead? I must've missed that one? Did Phil Campbell have a tummy ache one night?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 pm

This sentence cracked me up:

Quote :
Also on guitar is Todd Youth, the master fretman who has played with many top-tier hard rock ensembles, including DANZIG, MOTÖRHEAD, GLEN CAMPBELL, SAMHAIN, D GENERATION and most recently CHELSEA SMILES.

"One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong..."

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Wow, they got GLEN CAMPBELL's guitarist!! You know it's gonna be awesome!! Michael Monroe and Ginger 201269

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh. Wow. I hope this hits the UK at some point as that is one hell of a pairing.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Dear Sweet Lord...I am excited!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Oh wow! I am a fan of Michael Monroe! This is great news for me!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm

As a major fan of both The Wildhearts and Hanoi Rocks, this comes as great news to me.

We'll see if a CD actually comes off.

If such a CD actually gets made, I'd be willing to break my single CD record to acquire it ($50).

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Drummer leans to a country, southern rock style with who he's played with. This could be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 am

Talk around the cooler has been that Ginger and Monroe were working together on a project, so it looks like it comes to fruition thankfully.

Good to see him working with Sami again, and Jimmy Clark too. Hell it's like Demolition 23 again just Jay Hening (RIP) missing and Ginger and Todd Youth added.

Here's what to expect (or not)...........

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 am

Im going to need to burn these underpants....

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

Will this be under the solo Michael Monroe moniker, or a new band name altogether?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Looks like it's under the solo moniker. Monroe has got it right hooking up with Ginger, he always needs a songwriter no matter what he's doing. He's solo records only carry a handful of decent originals written solely by him, the rest is padded out with covers.........i think he's close to covering every Dead Boys song in existence! Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Monroe and Ginger   Michael Monroe and Ginger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Monroe and Ginger
Page 1 of 1