Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

They were great live, my appreciation increased after the concert. The only caveat is all the backing vocals are triggered samples, but what else you gonna do?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Thought this was weird...

Quote :
GHOST was recently forced to modify its name in the U.S. to GHOST B.C. for "legal reasons."

Anyway, go here to see the first single/video for 'Secular Haze'

http://vevo.ly/X0pLhp

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Love the early 70s TV show set for the video. Plus you gotta dig a metal tune in 3/4 time.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

I've really got to stop coming here or I'll go broke! Sad

Just ordered the signed LP with T Shirt deal on the new album, not cheap!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm really looking forward to this now, been playing the first record a lot.

and this is growing on me with every listen.

What do people think?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I don't get the appeal of these guys. Not at all.....and that sample song didn't change my opinion in the least.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Loved the first record, can't wait for the new one. Haven't listened to the new clip. I want to be "surprised" on my first spin.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

where did you order it? i swore i ordered it too but now i dont remember lol!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 pm

I love these guys but I still have not purchased their debut, so much music, so little money
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Too much gimmick and not much substance in the music department. I give em props for some musicanship, but the "satanic" aspect is way over the top with the robes and masks for me not to laugh.

I close my eyes when listening and picture some old hippie ex high school jazz band kids acting like they are singing in a catholic church chior after reading books by Anton LeVey or Allister Crowley.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thought this was weird...

Quote :
GHOST was recently forced to modify its name in the U.S. to GHOST B.C. for "legal reasons."

Anyway, go here to see the first single/video for 'Secular Haze'

http://vevo.ly/X0pLhp

That's happened before. In Canada, the band Bush had to modify their name to Bush X for their first two CDs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:20 am

James B. wrote:
Too much gimmick and not much substance in the music department. I give em props for some musicanship, but the "satanic" aspect is way over the top with the robes and masks for me not to laugh.

I close my eyes when listening and picture some old hippie ex high school jazz band kids acting like they are singing in a catholic church chior after reading books by Anton LeVey or Allister Crowley.

They want you to laugh, the image is tongue-in-cheek all the way and not intended to be taken seriously at all.

Usually a group like this would have no appeal to me whatsoever, the difference with these guys is A) They can actually play. B) They have a great knack for melodies. C) They really don't sound quite like anyone else right now, something about the combination of the pop-saavy vocals, straight-forward riffs and that church-organ keyboard sound appeals to me. An added bonus is they are really good live.

Sure, the image and lyrics are all schtick, but for once there's actual musicianship to back it up and that's a rare quality in this day and age.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 am

It is like over the top satanic version of Pink Floyd. I dig it, good for relaxation. The CD is on pre-order at Amazon for $9.99 with free shipping guaranteed to be delivered on the release date if you have prime account. Quite cheap deal actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:25 am

stormspell wrote:
It is like satanic version of Pink Floyd.

You've evidently never heard Pink Floyd. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:27 am

Have you? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:56 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

where did you order it? i swore i ordered it too but now i dont remember lol!

Bengens se Nice little Swedish site.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:26 am

I saw them live and they are good musicians.
I just can't see myself headed down the road and popping this into the CD player.
I will give them ups for a different sound (not easy to do), not growling at me with indiscernible lyrics and actually constructing songs, but to me not worth more than a few listens on youtube.
It's not often where there is a band that I'd rather see live and not buy their CD, lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:16 pm

People keep stating that Ghost's lyrics are just for fun, camp or tongue in cheek. That is not entirely true, is it? Members of Watain are resposible for creating the bands imagery, so I don't believe for one second that this is only done for humour sake.

Not sure why I felt I nedded to write this, I don't even like the band that much. It's just that it irks me that some people seem to try and justify listening to them because it's fake, when it is not.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 pm

But the band says that themselves. If you look up the site The Nameless Harem you'll see its really not meant to be taken seriously. I'd post a link but some of the pictures are NSFW, Theres no real pictures just drawings which some are actually pretty funny, but it just shows you that they aren't for real. No different than what Alice Cooper, Lizzy Borden, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond etc. do.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:44 pm

I think that I'd like Ghost just as much if they didn't have the image and dodgy lyrics but I see it as cheesy horror movie stuff, similar to a lot of early metal bands. If their personal beliefs go beyond that then I don't really care. I'd quite happily listen to Christian metal if I liked the tunes too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:41 am

Whether they are taking a piss or are deadly serious matters not to me, I'm not going to take that schtick seriously regardless. The image and lyrics means absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned, I just like their music.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 am

I like the music, I can't take their lyrical stance seriously, doubtful they take it all that seriously either
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 am

I enjoy the music, don't think too deep about the lyrics and the imagery is just that, an image as far as I'm concerned. If they're doing the satanic thing ironically, I'm down with it. C'mon, Shout at the devil, everyone!!

If they are serious with their message, well, it's lost on me. It hasn't inspired any animal sacrafices or hate-crimes from me yet.

Chances are, I'll never see them perform live, so what they do on stage is of little interest to me. It's not that I wouldn't mind seeing them live, I just don't get out much anymore.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 am

Hey MG

Have ya heard of that band called "CONGO" ?

These dudes wear monkey masks and smoke while they play.

The big gimmick is they throw their own feces at the crowd during the set.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 am

James B. wrote:
Hey MG

Have ya heard of that band called "CONGO" ?

These dudes wear monkey masks and smoke while they play.

The big gimmick is they throw their own feces at the crowd during the set.

Heard of them? They're the house band on Tuesday nights at the MetalGuy Compound. \'arry \'eadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next