Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:09 pm

I've liked what I've heard from them but they're a rather bizarre outfit.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for some confusing news...

Quote :
Mysterious Swedish outfit Ghost are preparing to replace frontman Papa Emeritus II, claims one of the Nameless Ghouls.

And he alleges they're considering a collaboration with bearded drag act and Eurovision Song Contest winner Conchita Wurst.

The original lead character was exchanged ahead of the launch of second album Infestissumam, launched last year – although it's widely believed the same person remained under a new outfit.

Last night an unidentified band member told TeamRock at Sonisphere Finland: "There will definitely be a third; we're looking into the options right now. We're trying to work out who's the best candidate.

"Number II is a real asshole so we're looking for someone with a different approach to things. He still has to be an entertainer, but we're narrowing down the contenders."

On a more serious note, the Ghoul said some groundwork has been done on their next studio project. "We have some track title figures out, and we know the album title too, as well as thematically where we're heading.

"Expect some more obscure covers – obviously that's become part of our schtick. We've decided which ones already too."

And he joked: "Perhaps something collaborative with Conchita Wurst might be interesting. It's not like you'd notice her beard, being cloaked and all!"

So there were 2 different lead singers on their 2 albums?  scratch That's the first I've heard of that.

There isn't it's just typical Ghost bullshit. Papa Smurf I got replaced by Papa Smurf II but it was the same guy. I still quite like the music but I'm really over the schtick, same with the covers, i quite like most of them but enough already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:00 pm

They have always had the same lead singer and the next "new" lead singer will be the same guy as well. It's just their shtick.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Painkiller wrote:
In my opinion, a truly boring band. It's bad enough that people keep COMPARING them to Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. angry

On a lighter note, I cracked up hard at Ghost B.C. releasing those dildos and butt plugs. Unbelievable.

I don't get the MF/KD comparisons myself. More like a satanic BOC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:43 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
In my opinion, a truly boring band. It's bad enough that people keep COMPARING them to Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. angry

On a lighter note, I cracked up hard at Ghost B.C. releasing those dildos and butt plugs. Unbelievable.

I don't get the MF/KD comparisons myself.  More like a satanic BOC.  

I agree. I think the MF/KD link people try to connect with them is due to the lyrics. The first record is great but I think the second one was somewhat of a letdown for me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:15 am

If you want Mercyful Fate Clones, it's all about Attic!

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 438278 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:01 am

nevermore wrote:
The first record is great but I think the second one was somewhat of a letdown for me.

Same here. I still dig the first one, but the follow-up never caught on with me, even after multiple attempts.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
The first record is great but I think the second one was somewhat of a letdown for me.

Same here. I still dig the first one, but the follow-up never caught on with me, even after multiple attempts.

Same here. I did like the If You Have Ghost EP though, but the second album was boring to me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
If you want Mercyful Fate Clones, it's all about Attic!

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 438278 

Yep. They are a combo of KD solo and MF.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same here.  I did like the If You Have Ghost EP though, but the second album was boring to me.  

Same with me - liked the first one, saw them on the Opeth/Mastodon tour (they sounded great live), couldn't get into the second one and don't have the EP. I do think they are more BOC than MF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:31 am

Bump for new info. 3rd album coming in August.

Quote :
Swedish occult rockers GHOST have set "Meliora" (Latin for "better") as the title of their third album, due on August 21. The follow-up to 2013's "Infestissumam" was helmed by Klas Åhlund, a prolific songwriter, producer and guitarist who is also a member of the Swedish rock band TEDDYBEARS, and was mixed by Andy Wallace (SLAYER, NIRVANA, SEPULTURA, LINKIN PARK, GUNS N' ROSES).

Songtitles set to appear on the GHOST CD include "From The Pinnacle To The Pit", "Majesty", "Devil Church", "He Is" and the expected first single, "Cirice", which is tentatively due at the end of May or in early June.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The last full album left me disappointed, although the follow-up ep was decent enough to keep me interested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:43 am

I have yet to get anything from these guys. I really like the stuff I've heard from them.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 11:00 am

Of all the heavily buzzed bands over the past decade or so (which would also include bands like 3 Inches of Blood, Warbeast, The Oath, Huntress), Ghost really were a very quick flash in the pan for me.

The first album was entertaining for a couple listens, but it got boring pretty quick for me. I did like the Roky Erickson cover on the EP, but other than that these dudes aren't doing much for me.

3 Inches of Blood still rules though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:16 pm

nice! cant wait

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:59 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Of all the heavily buzzed bands over the past decade Ghost really were a very quick flash in the pan for me.

I agree with this. I liked the first album - but honestly only gave it a few listens and the second album is underwhelming to say the least.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:13 am

First album was good, second was ok..... never bought the EP, I grew tired of them quickly..... I did see them live with Opeth and Mastedon a few years ago and they sounded good.....

I will Spotify it
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:20 am

New single.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
New single.

I quite like it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New single.

That sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Good song.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 5:01 pm

These guys are incredible. Definitely a priority purchase.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 5:12 pm

Don't think anyone has mentioned it but this song is a free download from their website  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next