Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am

Bump for late-comers.

This album will certainly be in my Top 10 of 2011, probably in the top 5. Good stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:39 am

This album rules.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Love these guys! Great stuff and I like their evil approach! Glad they are getting great responses.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Excellent group!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for late-comers.

This album will certainly be in my Top 10 of 2011, probably in the top 5. Good stuff.

The album is from 2010... Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Doomdance wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for late-comers.

The album is from 2010... Razz

Hmmmm, my archives list it as 2011. I'll have to double-check that one. Could it have been released in 2010, but didn't make it to the States till '11?

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:46 pm

I bought my vinyl copy in 2010 here in Holland.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Doomdance wrote:
I bought my vinyl copy in 2010 here in Holland.

Right on, but like Motorhead's last album, it was released in Europe at the tail end on 2010, but wasn't readily available in the US until mid-January of 2011. So in my books, I put it in as a 2011 release.

I guess it doesn't matter much either way. It's still going in my Top 10 at the end of the year. Cool

EDIT:

Quote :
Opus Eponymous is the debut album by Swedish heavy metal band Ghost, released on October 18, 2010. It was released in North America on January 18, 2011, and in Japan on April 6, 2011.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:02 pm

When I first heard this at the beginning of the year I really didn't think it was that good. The vocalist kind of bugged me a little that he doesn't really do much and the music seemed kind of bland. The production didn't sit right with me either being released in 2010/2011. It sounds like something from the late 70's/80's.

Fast forward to yesturday when someone on my facebook posted a few live videos of these guys. I figured what the hell let me check this out and I really got into it. I thought their stage show was interesting too with everyone dressed up. I still think if the singer is going to look like he does he should have more of a growling type voice, not death metal but more towards like a Grave Diggerish type. Seeing it on the live video though it came together for me and I really thought it was great. I went back to the album and downloaded it from Mclub because I couldn't find the cd yesturday. I listened to it today at work and it really is a great album.

Funny how when you hear certain things at certain times how you can change your feelings somewhere down the line.

Good stuff!

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Funny how when you hear certain things at certain times how you can change your feelings somewhere down the line.

This is why I stopped getting rid of albums out of hand. Sometimes you are just not in the right headspace for it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm

chewie wrote:

This is why I stopped getting rid of albums out of hand. Sometimes you are just not in the right headspace for it.

And that's one reason I never get rid of a CD I purchased
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:

And that's one reason I never get rid of a CD I purchased

I do, but I make sure I have a copy of it for revisit later. I know, I'm a naughty CD collector.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:17 am

Ghost is basically the poor man's Mercyful Fate. That's ok though, I'm poor and I love Mercyful Fate, so naturally I love Ghost. Awesome album, and everyone should buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 pm

New single "Secular Haze" from their upcoming second full-length album. Dig the 3/4 time!

The new album will also feature a cover of ABBA's "I'm A Marionette".

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice! Coincidentally, I was just jamming these guy's debut.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Wurthless wrote:

I was too about an hour ago. Then I get on here, and here's the thread.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I was too about an hour ago. Then I get on here, and here's the thread.

Spooky...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm

I've been following the site they put up the last few days. Really looking forward to this next album. I'm glad they pretty much kept the same sound. It took me a while to really get into them when I first heard them, and I'll admit I didn't even like it because it sounded too 70s ish for me but after really giving it a try they are now one of my favorite bands.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Not a bad band, but I do wish the long-running Japanese prog-psych band of the same name got as much attention. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 am

S.D. wrote:
New single "Secular Haze" from their upcoming second full-length album. Dig the 3/4 time!

The new album will also feature a cover of ABBA's "I'm A Marionette".

Groovy. Looking forward to new material.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm

The good news, Dave Grohl plays on the ABBA cover tune. The bad news, looks like it's a vinyl b-side only for now.

Quote :
Swedish webshop Bengans.se, which delivers to every country in the world, is accepting preorders for the strictly limited 10-inch clear vinyl version of "Secular Haze", the new single from the mysterious Swedish buzz band GHOST. Featured on the single's B-side is GHOST's cover version of ABBA's "I'm A Marionette" with none other than Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, NIRVANA) handling production duties and sitting behind the drum kit.

Here's the rest of the tracklising for "Infestissumam", coming this spring:

01. Infestissumam
02. Per Aspera Ad Inferi
03. Secular Haze
04. Jigolo Har Megiddo
05. Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
06. Year Zero
07. Idolatrine
08. Body And Blood
09. Depth Of Satans Eyes
10. Monstrance Clock

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

theres a youtube clip of them playing that abba song live recently

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Ghost's version...

ABBA's for comparission...

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Love the nearly impossible to pronounce album title. These guys are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Andy wrote:
Ghost is basically the poor man's Mercyful Fate. That's ok though, I'm poor and I love Mercyful Fate, so naturally I love Ghost. Awesome album, and everyone should buy it.

This is quite possibly the greatest album review of all time. What more do you need to know?

Ghost had to grow on me a bit, I didn't hate them, I just didn't see what all the fuss was. They are a very good band though and the world is ready for more melody in metal again.(and Satanism!) Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next