Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most perfect Glam Metal albums

Go down 
+19
jstate
bassman
kmorg
MetalGuy71
James B.
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
manny
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
exact33
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
stormspell
krokus
Smindas
stepcousin
Alex Dee Rokket
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Personally, I always refer to the genre as glam/sleaze anyway.

that would be splitting hairs to break up the glam/sleaze genre...

Laughing

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm

exact-ly.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact-ly.

angry

i need to change my name...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact-ly.

The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 447763

king33?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact-ly.

The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 447763

king33?

I am still thinking... TheKing might be best...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:47 pm

king33 is better. Your tagline could be "Much more regal than the other 32".

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:12 pm

True glam has its roots in David Bowie, T. Rex, and the New York Dolls and bands such as that. Poison, Warrant, D'Molls, Hanoi Rocks, Tuff, and some others created an 80's version of glam, but it was not the same thing, really...and Poison didn't even stay the course following their second album.

To me, it is fairly easy to discern the differences between Glam, Hair Metal, Hard Rock, and Sleaze, but I know some consider it "splitting hairs" and that is probably a fair assessment. But glam and sleaze are as much about style and attitude as they are about the music. Hair metal was more of a sound. For example, Firehouse and Skid Row are NOT glam and they are NOT sleaze...they are hair metal, plain and simple. Tesla and Great White are blues-based hard rock, not glam, not sleaze, and not hair metal. I'm not trying to start an arguement, seriously, and maybe its just because these are the genres I love the most that I can distinguish them and separate them more than a lot of people. But for me, it is as easy to split these genres/sub-genres up as it is for a lot of people to split thrash, power-thrash, speed, and melodic death metal, which a lot of people would lump all together....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 am

House of Lords. Just listened to them this morning on my way to work headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
True glam has its roots in David Bowie, T. Rex, and the New York Dolls and bands such as that. Poison, Warrant, D'Molls, Hanoi Rocks, Tuff, and some others created an 80's version of glam, but it was not the same thing, really...and Poison didn't even stay the course following their second album.

To me, it is fairly easy to discern the differences between Glam, Hair Metal, Hard Rock, and Sleaze, but I know some consider it "splitting hairs" and that is probably a fair assessment. But glam and sleaze are as much about style and attitude as they are about the music. Hair metal was more of a sound. For example, Firehouse and Skid Row are NOT glam and they are NOT sleaze...they are hair metal, plain and simple. Tesla and Great White are blues-based hard rock, not glam, not sleaze, and not hair metal. I'm not trying to start an arguement, seriously, and maybe its just because these are the genres I love the most that I can distinguish them and separate them more than a lot of people. But for me, it is as easy to split these genres/sub-genres up as it is for a lot of people to split thrash, power-thrash, speed, and melodic death metal, which a lot of people would lump all together....

Arttie

I agree with Arttie!

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most perfect Glam Metal albums
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: