Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most perfect Glam Metal albums

Go down 
+19
jstate
bassman
kmorg
MetalGuy71
James B.
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
manny
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
exact33
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
stormspell
krokus
Smindas
stepcousin
Alex Dee Rokket
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Firehouse-S/T
Hardcore Superstar-S/T
Beautiful Creatures-S/T
Smashed Gladys-Social Intercourse
Sea Hags-S/T
Britny Fox-S/T
Spread Eagle-S/T
Cyclone Tracy-One-Eyed

Good call with Smashed Gladys.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 am

Onviously Glam has undergone the same fusion that power metal has. People lump together glam with sleaze, hair-metal and '80's metal in general, and forget that all these sub-labels used to be there for a reason.

Glam, to me, were bands like Poison, Tuff, Warrant, Dangerous Toys etc. That means not only the look, but a musical similarity as well. W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister were never anything like said bands.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 am

Quote :
Warrant

Ooo yea, forgot about them. Like them allot too, matching white leather and all.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am

I agree with Kmorg, I never considered Twisted Sister and W.A.S.P. as glam bands, hell looking at them, these guys where anything but glamourous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 am

I have nothing to add to the discussion as usual but I like many of these bands. Would Winger qualify? I like some of the early stuff but from Pull on they were killer, way better then their stereotype.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am

Winger is most certainly glam!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Okay, I have yet to see it mentioned so I'll throw it out there and see what happens.......

Stryper - In God We Trust
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

bassman wrote:
Okay, I have yet to see it mentioned so I'll throw it out there and see what happens.......

I'd argue that TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL would be their "perfect" album, since IN GOD WE TRUST is more or less an exact clone of THWTD. But that might just be me. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
bassman wrote:

I'd argue that TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL would be their "perfect" album, since IN GOD WE TRUST is more or less an exact clone of THWTD. But that might just be me. Laughing

Either one works for me, I always thought IGWT was a little more pop influenced than THWTD, but I can't argue your point. Like them both anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Yea, I guess IGWT does have a little more "pop" slickness to it, but honestly, the first time I heard it back in '88 I more or less felt like I was sitting thru a re-run. The opening tracks on both are big, heavy pounding songs, the first single "Always There For You" sounded a lot like "Calling On You," hell, even the two ballads on IGWT are in the same spots in the running order as the two on THWTD. It seemed like the band went "Well hey, we sold a crapload of To Hell With The Devil, so let's do another one JUST LIKE IT!" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yea, I guess IGWT does have a little more "pop" slickness to it, but honestly, the first time I heard it back in '88 I more or less felt like I was sitting thru a re-run. The opening tracks on both are big, heavy pounding songs, the first single "Always There For You" sounded a lot like "Calling On You," hell, even the two ballads on IGWT are in the same spots in the running order as the two on THWTD. It seemed like the band went "Well hey, we sold a crapload of To Hell With The Devil, so let's do another one JUST LIKE IT!" Laughing

Got to get your money while you can! That scene collapsed pretty quickly in the early 90's, Against the Law didn't sell nearly as well and was a stronger album in nearly every way. Seeing Stryper at the Fox Theatre in St Louis on the IGWT tour was the LOUDEST SHOW I've ever been to in my life. The decibel level was just ridiculous, couldn't hear properly for a week after that concert.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm

I'd go with...

Hanoi Rocks - Back To Mystery City
Michael Monroe - Not Fakin It
Electric Angels -s/t
D'Molls - s/t & Warped
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Quote :
Michael Monroe - Not Fakin It

I just picked that one up (again) not too long ago and as much as I love Hanoi, I just cannot get into this album. 'Dead, Jail or R&R' is a cool tune, but the rest is just too, I dunno, slick? Over-produced maybe? I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I don't like about that album, but I think I'll be getting rid of it (again).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing the new Monroe album, primarily because Ginger from the Wildhearts is part of his band. I like Hanoi Rocks and all, but Ginger is one of the best song-writers in the rock world.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Wrathchild - Stakk Attakk

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - S/T
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:27 am

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon & The Ultimate Sin
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:19 am

kmorg wrote:
Onviously Glam has undergone the same fusion that power metal has. People lump together glam with sleaze, hair-metal and '80's metal in general, and forget that all these sub-labels used to be there for a reason.

Glam, to me, were bands like Poison, Tuff, Warrant, Dangerous Toys etc. That means not only the look, but a musical similarity as well. W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister were never anything like said bands.

I never considered Dangerous Toys glam.They didnt have the look.They were more of a dirty southern metal thing.Similar to Tora Tora.But Its all in the eye of the beholder I guess.Great Band though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am

My favorite glam sound/look band would go as follows:

1. RATT - Out of the Cellar

2. Dokken - Under Lock & Key (Okay, the music was not glam per say, but the band had a glam look. I wanted to put "Tooth & Nail" here, as its my favorite of Dokken's, but maybe they hadn't completely gone over to the dark side quite yet (with their look).

3. KISS - Asylum (total glam look on this album, from the all white giddy ups in the sleeve, to the ridiculous look on the "Who Wants to be Lonely" video)

4. Scorpions - Savage Amusement (not a glam band obviously, but they had a glam look on this album, and the songs had a glam feel, but I love the Scorps, and I love this album)

5. Great White - Once Bitten (Was this band a glam band? It seems to me that they were thrust into that scene on their next album. So, by default does that mean their earlier works count for this thread? I love their S/T album the most, but that album is heavy as hell, so I don't feel it would qualify for this list)

6. RATT - Invasion of Your Privacy

7. Bon Jovi - 7800 Fahrenheit (My favorite of theirs, and probably their most gritty)

8. Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go (Are there two better ballads than "Love Kills" and "That Time of Year"?)

9. Slaughter - Stick It To Ya

10. Skid Row - Skid Row
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

FASTER Pu$$ycat, BANG TANGO, ROXX GANG, LA GUNS etc...were sleazy bands, not pure glam. Old GNR was sleazy too, and HANOI ROCKS of course. All influenced by AEROSMITH and dirty sleazy bands like NEW YORK DOLLS.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Wrathchild - Stakk Attakk

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - S/T

2 real glam metal albums and great ones headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Smindas wrote:
I'm looking forward to hearing the new Monroe album, primarily because Ginger from the Wildhearts is part of his band. I like Hanoi Rocks and all, but Ginger is one of the best song-writers in the rock world.

Same here! Ginger sure knows how to write a memorable chorus.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Case in point:

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Wow...hard to comment when 2/3 of the bands listed are NOT glam... Lotta sleaze listed, which is probably my favorite genre, but very little glam....

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Personally, I always refer to the genre as glam/sleaze anyway.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

I say Poison's Look What The Cat Dragged In, great from start to finish, and I say Bret has a great rock n' roll voice, and when it all comes down to it, isn't all just "Let's go party with" Rock N' Roll?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most perfect Glam Metal albums   The most perfect Glam Metal albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most perfect Glam Metal albums
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: