Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Megadeth

Go down 
+29
mc666
Joe
Metal Misfit
skullkrusher
Chairman_Smith
bassman
shamgar75
Addy
metalken
exact33
adrian
Jesusandmetal23
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Required Fields
Smindas
Thrasher73
nevermore
MoonChild
thejokeriv
James B.
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which do you prefer?
The System Has Failed (2004)
Modern Megadeth Vote_lcap31%Modern Megadeth Vote_rcap
 31% [ 14 ]
United Abominations (2007)
Modern Megadeth Vote_lcap24%Modern Megadeth Vote_rcap
 24% [ 11 ]
Endgame (2009)
Modern Megadeth Vote_lcap42%Modern Megadeth Vote_rcap
 42% [ 19 ]
They all suck
Modern Megadeth Vote_lcap2%Modern Megadeth Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 am

Which of the last three studio albums do you like best and why?;

The System Has Failed (2004)

United Abominations (2007)

Endgame (2009)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 am

The System Has Failed.

It was a retrun to thrashier roots, but blended in the latter day melodic stuff quite nicely. United Abominations was a nice combo of both as well. I still haven't completely warmed-up to Endgame. Something just doesn't click with me on that album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:00 am

I'm a Deth fanboy so they're all good. Laughing

Seriously though, I gotta give the nod to SYSTEM HAS FAILED. That album was a fan-freakin-tastic return to form.

The few years prior to its release were chock full of weirdness in the Deth camp (the RISK debacle, the half-baked WORLD NEEDS A HERO and Mustaine's sudden "I hurt my arm, I can't play guitar anymore, Megadeth is over, goodbye" announcement) so to be honest I wasn't expecting much at all from SYSTEM HAS FAILED at all when it came out. I figured Dave was out of gas and was simply playing out the contract-obligation string, but that album hit me like a brick!!

UNITED ABOMINATIONS and ENDGAME have both been great as well, but TSHF gets my vote here because it served to re-ignite my interest in Megadeth, which had been on the wane for quite some time during the late 90s/early 00s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 am

I voted for the 'Endgame' which I loved. I also liked ' System has Failed' but to me 'Endgame' was one of the best albums released that year, I do not own 'United Abominations' so I don't have an opinion on that album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

System flows nicely and the song writing is consistant (IMHO)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 am

Went with 'Endgame', but all three are great. Endgame is just a fantastic album!!!!! UA is also an excellent listen, as is system. I think each of the three releases just gets better!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a Deth fanboy so they're all good.

Me too! I went with Endgame. headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 am

Like them all but went with Endgame.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a Deth fanboy so they're all good. Laughing

Same here. As a matter of fact, I still haven't voted in this poll even though I made it. I can't decide which I like better.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:19 am

Like them all but voted for United Abominations.Its got some great songs on it and seems more memorable than Endgame.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 am

Definitely The System Has Failed. As MG said, it was that perfect blend of Megadeth's thrashier side and melodic side. Sometimes it was Rust, at others it was Youthanasia and it remained consistently strong throughout. There's something quite smooth and lush about the sound of the album as well.

United Abominations is a mixed bag. There are some really great tracks on it, even if they are rambling political rants, but there's also a few songs that were just simply unmemorable.

I don't particularly dig Endgame at all. It has a few really great tracks, but I feel somewhere in the process, Megadave became too concerned with writing riffs and not songs. Barely a single track sounds memorable to me as there are very few of the twisted melodies that make Megadeth such a strong outfit. It all just seems a bit forced and bland to me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:43 am

Quote :
I don't particularly dig Endgame at all. It has a few really great tracks, but I feel somewhere in the process, Megadave became too concerned with writing riffs and not songs. Barely a single track sounds memorable to me as there are very few of the twisted melodies that make Megadeth such a strong outfit. It all just seems a bit forced and bland to me.

I think that's my problem with it as well. I certainly don't hate it, but as soon as it's over, I don't remember anything from it. And I've played it over and over and over, trying to find something.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:56 am

Endgame has my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Endgame. Simply because i don't have the other two.
Back to top Go down

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 pm

UA. Love them all but they totally returned to form on UA.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Endgame

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 pm

United Abominations for me - great blend of melody and agression, and also the most memorable - Endgame thrashes to the max, but it's not nearly as memorable, and has only a few standout tracks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
United Abominations for me - great blend of melody and agression, and also the most memorable - Endgame thrashes to the max, but it's not nearly as memorable, and has only a few standout tracks.

That's ultimately what I voted as well. Sleepwalker, Washington is Next, Gear of War, and the title track are infectious as can get, while still being heavy. I think that's what I have always liked about Megadeth, it's that mixture of aggression, heaviness, melody and hooks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Endgame gets this vote. I find the others to be very generic.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:21 pm

TSHF. Best songs and best solos. It would be even better if it had more thrash tunes.

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 pm

The System Has Failed. A simply amazing album, and probably my favorite metal album of the decade.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I said Endgame. A few songs remind me of So Far, So Good... at times which makes it win in my book! But all three albums are pretty great.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The System Has Failed.

It was a retrun to thrashier roots, but blended in the latter day melodic stuff quite nicely. United Abominations was a nice combo of both as well. I still haven't completely warmed-up to Endgame. Something just doesn't click with me on that album.

I like Endgame but The System has Failed has had more staying power. I like the music better MG is right - melody is key.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Tough call ! I really enjoy them all but I think the most memorable songs are on The System Has Failed,probably cause I've had it longest. Blackmail the Universe,the Scorpion,and Of Mice and Men are all very strong tracks.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 pm

United Abominations. Just the one that clicked with me the most. I find all three to be stellar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern Megadeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Megadeth   Modern Megadeth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Megadeth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next