Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age

Go down 
+9
Shawn Of Fire
ZetaReticuli
Dave the Boss
Smindas
jstate
Olafsto
GrandNational
chewie
Eyesore
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Empty
PostSubject: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Any fans of Star One, a brilliant little side-project from Arjen Anthony Lucassen? The debut, Space Metal, was fantastic. Much like the Ayreon albums, there were a bunch of great guests on it (Damien Wilson, Dan Swano, Floor Jansen, etc.).

Anyway, here's a little clip of Arjen talking about the new album, due in October (hopefully).

Can't wait! headbanger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:04 pm

I bought the two disc version of the first album, Hopefully the second one is just as good.

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age 11840
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Nice, I'm a big fan of Arjen, but was in the dark on this on. Thanks Eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:49 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Nice, I'm a big fan of Arjen, but was in the dark on this on. Thanks Eyesore.
Oh yeah? Man, the Star One album is fantastic. Do try to hunt down the special edition with the bonus CD. There's some great tracks on it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 am

Have been meaning to get some Star One for years, but never did. Love most of Arjen`s projects, but was let down by Stream of Passion, that one never clicked with me..
Maybe it`s time to hunt down a copy of Star One...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 am

I managed to find the two disc book thing for a few bucks used. Didn't have any real expectations for it. Ended up really liking it. Would easily go for this second album.

And get the 2 discer. It's a really nice package and some of the best tracks are on that bonus disc.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:22 am

I've heard a couple of tracks of Star One before and the album is on my list of things to pick up, I just haven't got around to it. I'm still way behind with Ayreon. Loving the cover of the new one though;

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Staronevictims

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:23 am

Haven't listened to Star One in years. I used to be a big Arjen Lucassen fan a couple of years back. Now... not so much. And ya gotta love the big Dutch accent in the vid. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Quote :
Composer and multi-instrumentalist Arjen Lucassen has firmly established himself worldwide as driving force in progressive rock. While best known for his rock opera project AYREON, the multi-talented Dutchman also regularly embarks on musical side projects, which explore different aspects of Lucassen's musical personality. As his previous project (GUILT MACHINE's "On This Perfect Day", 2009) was a relatively relaxed and subtle affair, Lucassen's muses responded by urging him to record something loud, heavy and anything but subtle for this new release. Thus it was a perfect opportunity to launch his musical spacecraft towards the galaxy of bombastic sci-fi rock by revisiting his STAR ONE project.

The result is the album "Victims Of The Modern Age", the follow-up to the STAR ONE debut album, "Space Metal" (2002). Compared to "Space Metal", the overall sound of "Victims Of The Modern Age" is darker, heavier, more guitar-oriented, and slightly less "spacey". Arjen has also raised the bar significantly when it comes to the album's sound. "I think it's my best sounding album to date; it's a huge difference compared to the first STAR ONE," he says. "For the guitars I spent weeks experimenting with different amps and settings in every combination imaginable — and it was worth it. The drums sound fantastic, and the vocalists all outdid themselves, putting in even stronger performances than they did the first time around."

"Victims Of The Modern Age" will be released on InsideOut Music in North America on October 26 . With its stellar musicianship, strong melodies, meticulous production and compelling concept, STAR ONE "Victims of the Modern Age" is yet another exciting project from one of rock's great visionaries.

Arjen's video message presenting the "Victims Of The Modern Age" cast of lead vocalists and album concept can be viewed below.

"Victims Of The Modern Age" guest singers:

* Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X)
* Damian Wilson (HEADSPACE, THRESHOLD)
* Floor Jansen (REVAMP, AFTER FOREVER)
* Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, SECOND SKY, EDGE OF SANITY)

Dan Swano, Floor Jansen and Damian Wilson! Awesome. Three of my favorite vocalists. Glad he brought them back for this one.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Aren't they on like every one of his albums? I thought he was going for all new singers. Still looking forward to hearing this!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 am

Is this one lyrically comprised of existing Sci-Fi movie themes like "Space Metal"?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/09/22/star-one-earth-that-was-song-premiere

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:16 pm

European release date is 3rd November.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm very much looking forward to this and I really hope it will be better than the last Ayreon album which was probably the worst one yet (unless you count Actual Fantasy as a Ayreon album which without a doubt is the worst of Arjen's releases well I should say for me anyway).

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 pm

I love every Ayreon album. I also loved Guilt Machine, which was pretty different for him. It definitely had the same vibe and sound, but songwise, it was different.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm

This will be a top-ten release for me this year. No doubt about it.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Sounds rather great. I got offered flights to Amsterdam next week to interview Lucassen himself for Powerplay, but it clashes with my university commitments. I'm absolutely gutted.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Smindas wrote:
Sounds rather great. I got offered flights to Amsterdam next week to interview Lucassen himself for Powerplay, but it clashes with my university commitments. I'm absolutely gutted.

I'd love to take your place Very Happy .........i mean, to interview Lucassen, that is Wink
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm pretty sure one of the other "Powerplayers" will have snapped it up by now, haha.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:29 pm

What's this Powerplay thing?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Powerplay's a small UK mag I've been writing for since November. I've managed to get a bunch of good CDs and gig / festival tickets out of it, plus they sent me to Germany to meet and interview Michael Kiske and Mat Sinner in July. Also interviewed Steve Lukather about a month ago. All in all, it's pretty awesome Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age 29470_396459570683_543065683_4708447_644724_n

"I beg your pardon, kind sir. But could I bother you for a tic and conduct a brief interview? Pip-pip, cheerio, good day, sir."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeah, I definitely wear that whenever I conduct interviews. It adds a degree of professionalism to the proceedings, you know?

(Haha, that photo is hideous.)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Dude, that photo is awesome! Haha. You're crazy.

And Steve Lukather rocks.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:29 pm

where can I order? Is the one from amazon the Mediabook version? $28

http://www.amazon.com/Victims-Modern-Arjen-Lucassens-Star/dp/B004362E5Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1286497647&sr=1-2

cd wow has the 2 cd for $22 instead of $28 from AMAZON

http://www.cdwow.us/CD/arjen-a-lucassens-star-one-victims-of-the-modern-age/dp/17600797#bc=cad8

Is this the media book version? is it a trusted website? I never bought there before
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age   Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: