Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Metal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 pm

these days in the English metal press at least there seems to be a genre called "modern Metal" that is set apart from Metalcore that refers to bands like machine head and Lamb of God

Yet i can not think of a definition of this genre!

Can any of you metal experts out there shed light on what this genre is?
Back to top Go down

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Lamb Of God is metalcore, unless I've just not heard them enough. Machine Head were always called post-thrash (i.e. groovy thrash) until recently.

As for what modern metal truly is? Who knows! Everything has bled together these days, there's no true genres anymore, really.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:27 pm

Give us examples.

I bet it's just metalcore, Nevermore and its imitators, or Euro-flower.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Give us examples.

I bet it's just metalcore, Nevermore and its imitators, or Euro-flower.

I am not too sure

all i know it that there is apparently a genre called modern metal.

maybe it means metalcore i am not sure maybe

or maybe a cross between the two
Back to top Go down

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:13 pm

I don't really think modern metal is a separate genre unto itself. Usually when one says 'modern' metal they are referring to metalcore (ie Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, etc), or Nu Metal (Demon Hunter, Disturbed, etc).
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 9:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
As for what modern metal truly is? Who knows! Everything has bled together these days, there's no true genres anymore, really.

I agree. Well at least from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:23 am

are you sure they are actually naming a genre "modern metal"? or are they just calling it metal & using "modern" as an adjective?

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:56 am

mc666 wrote:
are you sure they are actually naming a genre "modern metal"? or are they just calling it metal & using "modern" as an adjective?
I've just always used the term modern metal as a sort of word flag. Trivium have always played old school metal, but add screaming lyrics and it sure as hell doesn't sound old school, you know? But even on The Crusade things sound different. Music simply had a different sound and feel back in the day, whether that had to do with the production or the way things were played, I don't know. I'd lean more toward the production and recording techniques.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Metal   Modern Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Metal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: