Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any wine drinkers out there?

Go down 
+11
Shawn Of Fire
EvyMetal
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Joe
DeathCult
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
metalinmyveins
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I enjoy a sweet red wine and stuff like Bailey's which is a dessert wine. I don't like that unlike beer, with wine I can be sitting feeling fine and then when I stand the world turns upside down. Tricky stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I enjoy a sweet red wine and stuff like Bailey's which is a dessert wine. I don't like that unlike beer, with wine I can be sitting feeling fine and then when I stand the world turns upside down. Tricky stuff.

Bailey's? I believe that's a coffee liquor, sir....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Mmm...Bailey's...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MAD DOG 20 20! Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 778825

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 3fred-g-sanford-cu

"My name is Fred G. Sanford...and the "G" is for "Good lord I love me some Mad Dog!!"

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm

And Ripple. Redd Foxx, God rest his smutty soul.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, I figured Night Train was probably a bit scarce. Definitely unobtainable over here in Britain, at least!

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah, Mglaffas is basically right. It's a whiskey and cream based liqueur. Dessert wines are something completely different - for one, they're not thick and creamy. Bailey's is quite nice though. For fans of white Russians, try replacing the cream in the WR with Bailey's to make a 'blind Russian'. Deadly, but delicious.

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:52 pm

My mistake, it's sold under the dessert wine section at the store near us.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I figured Night Train was probably a bit scarce. Definitely unobtainable over here in Britain, at least!

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah, Mglaffas is basically right. It's a whiskey and cream based liqueur. Dessert wines are something completely different - for one, they're not thick and creamy. Bailey's is quite nice though. For fans of white Russians, try replacing the cream in the WR with Bailey's to make a 'blind Russian'. Deadly, but delicious.

Try a Bailey's & Jager shooter - good stuff!!! equal parts of each. I can't remember what it is called......
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:14 am

I can't stand dessert wines - I really don't like sweet non-liquor products. I really enjoy Bailey's, though. Yummy!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Try a Bailey's & Jager shooter - good stuff!!! equal parts of each. I can't remember what it is called......
I just googled that to find out the name and found this;

Quote :
Black Out #2

Drink Type: Shooter

Ingredients
1/3 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
1/3 oz. Jagermeister (Chilled)
1/3 oz. Kahlua

Instructions
Layer in order (Kahlua at the bottom of the glass) in a shot glass. Beautiful drink to look at.
I need this in my life.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 am

Smindas wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Quote :
Black Out #2

Ingredients
1/3 oz. Kahlua

Instructions
Layer in order (Kahlua at the bottom of the glass) in a shot glass. Beautiful drink to look at.
I need this in my life.

I think it was called Creamy Death.......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 am

Smindas wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Quote :
Black Out #2

Ingredients
1/3 oz. Kahlua

Instructions
I need this in my life.

As luck would have it, I do believe I have those 3 key ingredients at home. TGIF!! Join me at Casa Del MetalGuy for shots! Cheers

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm afraid of your hands.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 am

I had a very nice blend a couple of nights ago (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, & Cabernet Franc). It was called Mouton Cadet 2007 (Baron Philippe De Rothschild estate), a Bordeaux wine. It was relatively inexpensive (around $10), had a heavy oak aroma, light body (not much fruit/which is fine for me), but its best if its finished in one setting. Some wines can function well the second night, but this one, not so much.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:39 am

just buy any Port if you want red, or any type of white wine. The grading of it is all bull, I never noticed any difference between brands.
The reason anyone buys it is to get "happy", so buy it by the jug or whatever is cheapest in your local store.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:47 pm

I got a box of the Nightwish Imaginaerum wine:

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_22_13_48_16

Here you can read about the wine:
http://www.nightwishwine.com/

It contains six bottles.

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_22_13_48_32

Yes, I already sold 4 of them to my friends and colleagues, because I thought it's too much to have six bottles of the same exact wine.

I actually didn't have a place to keep bottles of wine, so I thought the wooden box is a nice thing to have. It looks cool, I think. I just have to find a good place for it. Right now it's in the "cool corner" of the house. Furthest away from any heaters, and it's -20C outside (about -4F).

I filled the box with some of my other wines.
Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_25_03_26_08

I like the way it looks.

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_25_03_26_22

I couldn't fit just any type of bottle in there though. One Portuguese wine was simply too tall. Luckily there's usually a lot of bottles lying around to fill the empty spot Wink Kind of why I wanted the box in the first place. Well, nah, I don't keep that much around. Right now there's 9 bottles of red wine. I don't buy enough to warrant getting a proper wine cabinet. So a Nightwish box in the corner it is!

I'll get a picture of the label of an Imaginaerum bottle next. There's some text on the back of it too, about how magical the wine is and stuff.

And later I'll taste it, for sure!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:10 pm

For the purpose of the thread, and not just about Nightwish, here are the other red wines I currently have:

Castaño Garnacha Tintorera (Spain)
Piedemonde Navarra (Spain)
Norton Barrel Select Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina)
Alamos Malbec (Argentina)
La Fortuna Malbec (Chile)
Quinta das Setencostas (Portugal)
Dona Ermelinda (Portugal)
Regolo (Italy)
Tre Rose Rosso di Montepulciano (Italy)

Anyone tried? I haven't tasted any of these before.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:24 am

A buddy of mine recently turned me on to 'Misterio', a malbec from Argentina. I've been drinking that like it's going out of style.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

This was one of two reds that I had last night. It was pretty good for a $10 bottle.

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Dynami11
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:38 am

Here's the label on the Nightwish Imaginaerum wine:

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_30_08_39_00

Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 2014_01_30_08_39_08

Lari wrote:
For the purpose of the thread, and not just about Nightwish, here are the other red wines I currently have:

Castaño Garnacha Tintorera (Spain)
Piedemonde Navarra (Spain)
Norton Barrel Select Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina)
Alamos Malbec (Argentina)
La Fortuna Malbec (Chile)
Quinta das Setencostas (Portugal)
Dona Ermelinda (Portugal)
Regolo (Italy)
Tre Rose Rosso di Montepulciano (Italy)

Anyone tried? I haven't tasted any of these before.

Last weekend I had the Dona Ermelinda. I thought it smelled good, but it was a little berry-juicish. I had it with steak. I wouldn't buy it again.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A buddy of mine recently turned me on to 'Misterio', a malbec from Argentina. I've been drinking that like it's going out of style.
I put that on my shopping list today, but couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 am

Lari wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I put that on my shopping list today, but couldn't find it.

I'm buying it all up for my private stash.  drunken 

PostSubject: Re: Any wine drinkers out there?   Any wine drinkers out there? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any wine drinkers out there?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2