Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acid Drinkers

Go down 
+2
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm

I was just going through my inventory and found the Acid Empire 13cd/2dvd boxset that still has not sold. and....What the hell? "Searched" for these guys and NO TOPICS since we created this board? What's up with that? One of the most fun speed/thrash bands of our generation and they are STILL kicking out albums [15?16?17? of 'em now?]. Another band like Tankard that just refuses to bend to trends or die slowly.

A miniature sampling:

1990: Are You A Rebel?

1991: Dirty Money Dirty Tricks

1994: Fishdick

1999: Amazing Atomic Activity

2008: Verses of Steel

2012: La Part du Diable

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I like the last two songs headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 am

Wish I'd known there was going to be a boxset of their albums. Have bought too many of the individual releases to turn back now. Hate when that happens (and always the metal mind label too). But cool recommended stuff. Are You A Rebel? is such a killer album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

It's got some charm. That Fishdick has my interest piqued. I'm a sucker for a good covers album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That Fishdick has my interest piqued.

How can it not, with an irresistible title like that? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
That Fishdick has my interest piqued.

How can it not, with an irresistible title like that? Very Happy

To borrow from the old Smuckers ads:
"With a name like Fishdick, it has to be good!"

I looked it up on Amazon and they cover Ace of Spades on there. How can I resist?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am

A few of their albums can be found on Amazon for less than $10, however, quite a bit of their stuff is quite pricey.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

DallasBlack wrote:
A few of their albums can be found on Amazon for less than $10, however, quite a bit of their stuff is quite pricey.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Prices are all over the place for their stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm sure Uncle Saxon would cut a great deal for that box set.

And not to undercut his sales but the Omega Order has often had a few of these in the seven buck range when they do a 50% off sale.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

It's not something I'm jonesing to get at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on 'em for sure.

Acid Drinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acid Drinkers   Acid Drinkers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acid Drinkers
Page 1 of 1