Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krokus appreciation society

Go down 
+33
Glower
mikeinfla
Nomadic Drifter
DeathCult
ZombieHavoc
mr.electric39
stepcousin
brokentulsa
onrypt
jstate
Witchfinder
metalken
MetalGuy71
TheDoctor'sScarf
chewie
Leatherface
krokus
EvyMetal
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
James B.
Thrasher73
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
Wargod
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
exact33
Zdan
manny
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I believe the first 2 albums you're referring to are from the 70s version of Krokus.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the band regards those 70s albums as part of their catalog.

That doesn't mean those first few albums aren't important or don't exist. The early albums featured Chris Von Rohr which continued with the band through their "classic" stage.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 am

Only really got into them when they released The Blitz. Lost interest in them after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

On a somewhat related note, it wasn't till recently that I learned I've been pronouncing Marc Storace's last name wrong for all these years. I forget where I heard his name being brought up (perhaps on "That Metal Show?") but I always pronounced it "Store-Ace" (as in "Ace Frehley"), it turns out it's actually pronounced "Store-otchy."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a somewhat related note, it wasn't till recently that I learned I've been pronouncing Marc Storace's last name wrong for all these years. I forget where I heard his name being brought up (perhaps on "That Metal Show?") but I always pronounced it "Store-Ace" (as in "Ace Frehley"), it turns out it's actually pronounced "Store-otchy."

Good thing Eddie Trunks knows it all
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Good thing Eddie Trunks knows it all

I kinda hate having to admit that I learned anything from Eddie the Pillsbury Metal Boy. angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That means that for over 20 years I have been mispronouncing his name
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

See? Now you owe Eddie Trunk a debt of gratitude too. Doesn't that suck? Laughing

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm

"In the cool, cool, cool of the morning
Thats when I'm coming home"

I LOVE that song. Headhunter is an awesome album!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

See? Now you owe Eddie Trunk a debt of gratitude too. Doesn't that suck? Laughing

YES - that does!!! The Pillbury Metal Boy - LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Krokus is one band I need to get more stuff from...

TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Love Krokus. They've been the tail-end of jokes for so long, and the reason given for people's aversion to them is usually "they're too derivative," and that automatically negates any opinion they have on music (especially rock and metal) in my eyes.

They did take what certain other bands were doing, but they took it and made it their own, and wound up doing it better in some cases. This band is lots of fun. Metal Rende-vous and Headhunter are my faves! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I've only heard "Ballroom Blitz" and "Midnight Maniac" by them. I think they're both super catchy, and Maniac will get stuck in my head sometimes.

I think that about sums up my knowledge of the band as well. Ok tunes, but nothing that blew my skirt up. Never bothered to investigate any of their complete albums.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 pm

I really enjoy those first four 80's albums (Metal Rendez-vous, Hardware, One Vice... and Headhunter), but they lost me with the Blitz. Bought it. Have never gotten into it. Lost track of the band; but what I have heard of Hoodoo interests me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:28 am

Picked up a cheap-as-hell CD of Krokus' "The Blitz" (new & sealed for three bucks) this week. I haven't heard this album in dog years, but it's still cheesy fun. Damned if I didn't remember most of the lyrics too! Laughing very hard

Aside from this, the only Krokus I have on CD is an el cheap-o best-of compilation called "Headhunter Blitz." (Which is made up mainly of their various cover songs...haha). I suppose I should at least get "Headhunter" on CD, I haven't heard that one in what seems like millennia either.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Blitz is cheesy but its good cheese. Get the Definitive Collection album - its a really good compilation.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Everything up to and including Headhunter is worth owning, after that it gets non-essential pretty quick. If you like vinyl you can pick up Krokus albums for essentially nothing as the bins are littered with their catalog.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Everything up to and including Headhunter is worth owning, after that it gets non-essential pretty quick.  If you like vinyl you can pick up Krokus albums for essentially nothing as the bins are littered with their catalog.  

I thought Rock the Block, Hellraiser and the last two were really worth owning.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Everything up to and including Headhunter is worth owning, after that it gets non-essential pretty quick.  If you like vinyl you can pick up Krokus albums for essentially nothing as the bins are littered with their catalog.  

I thought Rock the Block, Hellraiser and the last two were really worth owning.

Good point! I forgot about all those reunion albums. They are good stuff too.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
Get the Definitive Collection album - its a really good compilation.

Yes. That's the only thing of their's I have right now. I used to have Headhunter,The Blitz,Change Of Address and Alive And Screamin' on cassette but no more. I wouldn't mind collecting their stuff again. I always liked them.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:26 am

Krokus was pretty much my entry into musical fandom. Long Stick Goes Boom on a K-Tel record started it all. So I'll always be a fanboy. They've put nothing out that has dissuaded me from that. Hell I even dig the album they did without Storace Round 13.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:59 pm

I bought Headhunter on cassette in 10th grade from a classmate for $1.
I still have it.
Still love it.
Funny how we reminisce on albums we loved from our youth even though they're OK by today's standards….we still love them.
Ahhh nostalgia.
Love Krokus, love Headhunter, Rock on bad Scandinavian Fro'
Chris
P.S. If memory serves you can hear Halford on Ready To Burn...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 am

I had headhunter on tape and I want to order the cd for sure.

But I have not explored their other albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 am

Its funny when I started this thread, for some reason I had it in my braincase to get the Krokus albums I once owned in the 80's, once I did, spun them once, enjoyed them, but I have not revisited them since. Maybe I will pull them out of the archives and give them a fresh spin
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 pm

My introduction to this band was back in high school with long stick goes boom...I bought one vice at a time on record and played it to death...Now I have the cd...headhunter is classic (I still have this on record and cd)...My favorite albums are hardware, One vice at a time, headhunter, heart attack, Rock the Block, Dirty Dynamite..

Here are some tracks from some lesser talked about albums...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 am

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Get the Definitive Collection album - its a really good compilation.

Yes. That's the only thing of their's I have right now. I used to have Headhunter,The Blitz,Change Of Address and Alive And Screamin' on cassette but no more. I wouldn't mind collecting their stuff again. I always liked them.

I'll keep an eye out for that collection. Seems as good a place as any to start.

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krokus appreciation society
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next