Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sons of Society

Go down 
+3
manny
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Been playing this tons lately, can't believe there's no more Riot coming. Sad Ok, it's Rainbow worship but it stands on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 pm

This is a strong record, for sure...it was actually the first Riot album I ever heard all the way through...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 pm

I agree it is a strong album and was the first Riot album I had heard in many many years when it was first released
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Along with Inishmore, this is my favorite album from the Mike DiMeo era of Riot. It's a very solid, classy, well-played traditional metal album with some very good songs and more than a hint of Blackmore worship. Title track especially rules. You gotta give 'em some serious props for putting out an album like this in the '90s.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

Very good album. Different from the Tony Moore albums, but very enjoyable.

Who knows, maybe riot will go on after Mark.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 am

I've never checked out albums from that era, but it sounds right up my alley if it's anything like Rainbow!
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:19 am

Riot's albums are pretty hard to find. took me many years, and i only own 6 albums of their entire collection.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 am

Playing On The Wings Of Life right now. Good tune ! This is a really good album but I tend to lean toward the earlier material of the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sons of Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Society   Sons of Society Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sons of Society
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: