Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krokus appreciation society

Go down 
+33
Glower
mikeinfla
Nomadic Drifter
DeathCult
ZombieHavoc
mr.electric39
stepcousin
brokentulsa
onrypt
jstate
Witchfinder
metalken
MetalGuy71
TheDoctor'sScarf
chewie
Leatherface
krokus
EvyMetal
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
James B.
Thrasher73
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
Wargod
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
exact33
Zdan
manny
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Krokus appreciation society Empty
PostSubject: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm

For some reason Krokus came into my head and spent some time reading reviews of their discography. I know they have been accused of being unoriginal (very true), writing some of dumbest lyrics this side of Nikki Sixx ( Smelly Nelly and  Mr Sixty-Nine) stealing their best ideas from AC/DC, and Marc Storace wishing he was Bon Scott.

Despite these facts, despite the fact that Marc Storace has one of the worst white boy fros in Swiss history, I have to confess that I love 'em and am a fan.

Anyone else a fan of this band?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I still love me some Krokus. AC/DC-worship or no they wrote some blazing tunes in their time. Headhunter is an all-time heavy metal classic.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I like hoodoo a lot.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I was surprised how much I liked 'Hoodoo' a great solid album that acted like the music world had not progressed one iota since 1983.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Yup. I dig 'em. Discovered them around the time of "One Vice At a Time" when I was in high school. Still dig that record today. Of course "Headhunter" is a heavy metal classic...er, I mean hard rock classic. (It's not nearly heavy enough or dark enough to be considered "heavy metal". Rolling Eyes ) Their latest album is quite good as well. It will make my Top 20 list for the year.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Headhunter was a classic METAL platter.... or is it hard rock? Did Metal exist in 1983??? LOL

I lost touch with Krokus after the "midnight maniac" song - thought it was awful and never added anymore Krokus after that. Sounds like I need to check out their latest album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Top 10 favorite band of mine. I prefer them to the bands they supposedly copied.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Those early 80's Krokus albums I loved 'em, 'Metal Rendez-vous' 'One Vice at a Time' and 'Head Hunters' all great early 80's metal platters.

On 'The Blitz' album, I have to agree with Joker they started to lose the plot on that album and 'Change of Address' IMO was awful but the follow up 'Heart Attack' was an excellent return to form.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm a casual fan at best. Back in the day my brother and I rocked HEADHUNTER and THE BLITZ quite regularly, but I haven't kept up with much of their output since then. I still have my old vinyl copy of METAL RENDEZ-VOUS too, now that I think about it, though I don't have a turntable to play it on anymore.

As for Storace - nobody could rock a white boy Afro better than that guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:10 pm

When they were on they were a great listen and Hoodoo is a nice return to form.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Great band 80's era was best and a couple of their newer cds are good as well especially Hoodoo with all the members back.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:32 pm

I heard Long Stick Goes Boom on the radio and thought they were AC/DC. But, I have to confess that song made me a fan. The last Krokus release I picked up was Hellraiser and I think it's a really good album.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Whilst I haven't been a fan of the band as long as some of you have, I got into them in 2008 and these guys are now one of my top favorites.

I first heard them on TV in 2004! I was up extremely late one night and this 'old school' Aussie music show from the early 1980s came on. I believe the particular episode was from 1983.

Anyways, they showed all sorts of cool clips including Krokus' Eat the Rich. I was instantly hooked.

Ironically, they didn't remind me so much of AC/DC - except maybe for the vocals. I thought they sounded a lot closer to Accept but without Wolf's solos. In any case, this band kicks ass.

Most of their 80s albums are all very solid. The only one I'm not too fond of is The Blitz as imo it doesn't share the same intensity and raw attitude as the preceding releases. The band's 90s releases are quite an interesting mix too. Stampede, for better or worse, tries to sound a bit like Riot's Thundersteel or Judas Priest's Ram it Down / Painkiller. In that they were going for a faster sound. Despite the fact that the album didn't have Storace it was still all in all decent.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Krokus is a cool dude. I appreciate his posts here.......oh wait,the band Krokus.Yeah they're cool too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm

I still not heard 'Stampede' I will have to check that album out
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I remember doing bong tokes when looking at the back cover for "metal rendez-vous" for the very first time when it came out..........

Laughing very hard

Krokus appreciation society Metal-rendez-vous-18

I also remember hearing "Long Stick" on the radio and thinking it's about time somebody played them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Krokus appreciation society Krokus-Headhunter-289198

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

*joins the society*

Krokus is a fun band. Hoodoo is great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 am

Headhunter is a true classic.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:51 am

I've only heard "Ballroom Blitz" and "Midnight Maniac" by them. I think they're both super catchy, and Maniac will get stuck in my head sometimes.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:20 am

yeahh, HOODOO is a great album but also the two albums before like ROCK THE BLOCK and HELLRAISER.
I am a big KROKUS fan too. The first album i bought by them was CHANGE OF ADDRESS and i liked if straight away. I know its not the most popular album by them, very comercial melodic hard&Aor but i like the sound and feel of the songs. It reminds me of other albums of that same era like DANGEROUS CHARM by SINNER, or LONG WAY TO HEAVEN by HELIX.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:40 am

'Change of Address' is when I really lost interest in Krokus I did not care for it one iota, especially disliked their cover of Alice Cooper's School's Out

I need to check out the post Heart Attack albums, I did love 'Hoodoo' album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 am

I love all their albums. Even the first 2 and Change of Address.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 am

I only heard their first two albums last year when Spec made me copies of them, and I liked them, but man where they really really different from the Krokus I grew up with.

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 am

I believe the first 2 albums you're referring to are from the 70s version of Krokus.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the band regards those 70s albums as part of their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krokus appreciation society   Krokus appreciation society Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krokus appreciation society
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next