Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society

Go down 
+13
Wrecked Neck
Vexer6
ultmetal
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
DakotaRogers
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Empty
PostSubject: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 pm

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Annihilatorsuicidesocietycdrough

Quote :
Canadian thrash/heavy metal masters ANNIHILATOR will release their fifteenth studio album, "Suicide Society", on September 18 via UDR Music. As he has in the past, guitar wizard Jeff Waters handled all songwriting duties, played all guitar and bass, engineered, produced, mixed and mastered "Suicide Society", and he is also back commanding lead-vocal duties, as he did on the critically acclaimed "King Of The Kill" (1994), "Refresh The Demon" (1996), "Remains" (1997) and other ANNIHILATOR albums over the years.

Waters on his return to vocal duties: "Dave [Padden, ANNIHILATOR's vocalist from 2003 to 2014) and I have, essentially, been ANNIHILATOR since 2003 but he resigned last December, citing having had enough of touring, being away from home and other commitments. I thank him for his 11 years with ANNIHILATOR. That said, ANNIHILATOR and I are known for never giving up and, occasionally, coming up with something even better than its former offering(s): this is undeniably the case with 'Suicide Society'!"

With "Suicide Society", ANNIHILATOR goes headfirst into some of the most technically perfect, crisp, and crushingly taut, riffage Waters has ever produced. Although Waters' vocals keep traces of stylings from his "King Of The Kill" album, they now evoke a surprising blend of legends such as Layne Staley, Ozzy Osbourne, James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine. This, in a twisted way, mirrors Waters' signature blend of riffing, drums grooves and bass; all drawing from multiple sources and genres.

Waters has built a worldwide reputation as being a premier guitarist and songwriter; the conciseness and arrangement of "Creepin' Again" is both an air-guitarist's dream and a sharp reminder of this. The gloriously-brutal thrash of "My Revenge" calls up a vintage of '85 with the technical chops of 2015. The neo-classic title track defiantly expresses anger at the state of world affairs, while offering up hope in closing. With the multi-layered power of the anthem "Snap", Waters illustrates the diversity of ANNIHILATOR's sound, without sacrificing one decibel of attack.

"Metal fans will likely sport evil, satisfied grins on their faces, when they hear this record" chuckles Waters, "but in the words of Joe Perry: 'Let the music do the talking!'"

"Suicide Society" track listing:

01. Suicide Society
02. My Revenge
03. Snap
04. Creepin' Again
05. Narcotic Avenue
06. The One You Serve
07. Break, Enter
08. Death Scent
09. Every Minute

ANNIHILATOR's touring lineup will include drum monster Mike Harshaw, who continues on for his fourth year with the band; bassist Cam Dixon (from "King Of The Kill" era); and new guitarist Aaron Homma.

Aside from the band's upcoming, scheduled devastation at some of Europe's summer festivals (including Wacken Open Air), ANNIHILATOR will be headlining Europe this fall on the "Europe In The Blood" tour 2015. Talks are underway to bring the band to South America, Japan and likely North America in 2016.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:23 am

Excellent ! And I'm sure that the Padden haters are glad he's gone (personally I didn't mind him). I always thought Jeff Waters was a pretty decent vocalist too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:25 am

I thought Padden was fine. But Waters is cool too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 am

That artwork is cool. I could not care less about Annihilator now, but I do like that artwork.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am

Good news. But the sample is boring. Too modern for my liking. Will still get the cd of course.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Jeff sounds a lot like Dave Mustaine on much of this. I look forward to hearing the rest of this album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah - I hear average Mega-Dave here. And I am a Padden fan. Too bad he bailed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

Too bad Coburn Pharr didn't rejoin.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:10 am

I'm surprised that Padden hung around for as long as he did. Prior to his arrival, it seemed like Annihilator changed vocalists every time Jeff Waters changed his socks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:17 am

Some great guitar playing from Jeff (as usual) but I'm not feeling the vocals... If you're gonna imitate another singer, I wouldn't pick Mustaine.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:37 am

They should have brought randy back in...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

Once again with the ugly cover art.

The clips aren't doing squat for me. Most of them sound plodding. At least Feast got the fury and speed down well.

I don't mind Jeff on vocals but it is rather underwhelming in effect. I enjoyed Padden quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:59 am

corplhicks wrote:
Once again with the ugly cover art.

You don't like that artwork?

If it were 1999 and I still blindly bought stuff at the record store, I'd buy that in a heart beat. Then I'd be disappointed when I got in the car and popped it in and I'd vow to stop buying things based on the cover.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:26 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Padden actually sounded much better than Jeff vocally. That being said, I wish Coburn Pharr was back in the band. He had a great clean voice that worked well with the music.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:36 pm

I wish Joe Comeau was back in the band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Cool. I never carded for Padden.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:14 pm

All of Annihilator's vocalists were pretty good to varying degrees.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I didn't either... until I heard Jeff's vocals on this new one. Now I regret Padden left.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:19 pm

I hope this new vocal situation is temporary. Jeff needs to find someone else to handle that dept.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:23 pm

If Belladonna wasn't in Anthrax, I think he would be a good choice for Annihilator.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I hate to say it, but I think Padden actually sounded much better than Jeff vocally. That being said, I wish Coburn Pharr was back in the band. He had a great clean voice that worked well with the music.

Coburn's too busy lording over plastic to be "In Command" of Annihilator.

Joe Comeau is a good choice, but I don't think he left on good terms.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

He was alright when he wasn't delivering quasi-emo bridges and choruses.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:07 am

Jeff was great on king of the kill. His voice suited the music perfectly well. But here. .....
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:12 am

Padden's a decent vocalist, but he was always my least Annihilator frontman, it's great to see Jeff back doing vocals again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Coburn's too busy lording over plastic to be "In Command" of Annihilator.

Joe Comeau is a good choice, but I don't think he left on good terms.

What is "lording over plastic"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society    ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNIHILATOR - Suicide Society
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next