Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Label Society

Go down 
+20
MetalH
INVADERS
manny
Schbopo
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
Selvmord
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Todd Jaymz
nevermore
sam
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
mc666
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Black Label Society Empty
PostSubject: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:46 pm

What's everyone's opinion on BLS? I love Zakk's playing and that is the main reason i like BLS. I think he is an underrated singer as well.

Favorite songs include

Life,Birth,Blood,Doom ,Genocide Junkies, Spoke in the Wheel, Rust, 13 Years of Grief, Funeral Bell, and many more..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Good, not great. He's too in love with the harmonic squeal lately. 1919 Eternal is my fave.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:50 pm

I like 'em a lot. I actually like the slow/melodic songs as much as the heavier stuff.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:57 pm

^ Yea i love his acoustic work and def the more mellow songs from Book of shadows, even though i think that was just under the name Zakk Wylde.

As for the Squealies thats his trademark and being a guitar player some of them pinch harmonics are hard to pull off on some of his songs..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:03 am

One of my favorites. I love the heavy stuff and the slow stuff. And I think Zakk is getting better as a songwriter and a singer. Kind of weird how as his voice gets stronger and he's actually singing in a clean tone he's sounding a bit like Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:06 am

I never could get into them because of the overuse of the pinch note. I should dig them out again and give them another shot.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:28 am

the only album Zakk has played on that i liked was No Rest For The Wicked.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:18 am

I really like their stuff too. I think Zakk Wylde is an exceptional guitar player. At times, his voice can get a bit on the annoying side, but overall, it's good stuff. I dig Zakk's acousticly inclined stuff too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I never could get into them because of the overuse of the pinch note. I should dig them out again and give them another shot.

I love the pinch notes in his songs. Thats his trademark. There are a lot of songs without the pinch harmonics in them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 am

I really liked BLS for the longest time until I saw them live. The show was the most boring, by-the-numbers concert I had ever seen and the sound was awful. Since then, I have a hard time listening to the cd's because it brings back bad memories of the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:55 am

I really liked Pride and Glory. He needs to do another in that vein.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:12 pm

catchy, slow, grimy music? gotta love it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:38 pm

BLS are ok.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I've been a fan of ZW for years, did a one on one interview with him on Ozzy's No MOre Tears tour! I've since done several phoners with him with his BLS project, he's a real down to earth nice guy to talk to. I do love the BLS albums and looking forward to the next creation! I guess my fav would be Sonic Brew-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:25 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Nooooo! That's my least favorite Zakk album. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:17 pm

You don't have to buy it you know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:34 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
You don't have to buy it you know?
Um...yeah I do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 pm

I like em alot even though I only have about half of his catalogue + the Pride and Glory stuff. He is certainly, imho, getting better at songwriting and the albums seem to flow pretty well. Eventualy, I will have them all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 pm

I really like Bls and Zakk good song is Hell is high and i agree he does use squeal's a bit to much but he makes it work. Also i think hes a pretty good singer
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:50 pm

What do you think of Ozzy's sound becoming more like Zakk's?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:49 am

EvyMetal wrote:
What do you think of Ozzy's sound becoming more like Zakk's?

I don't like it. Ozzy needs to sound like Ozzy. Zakk has BLS to make music, so he doesn't need to make Ozzy's cd's sound like BLS as well.

Despite what Sharon or Ozzy may say about how much Oz contributes, I believe at this point, Zakk writes a bunch of tunes, maybe some lyrics, and some other writers polish up those turds. They prop Ozzy in front of a mic stand for 2 hours, getting what they can on tape, then engineers and producers perform their "studio magic" and *snap* a new album appears.

I don't think it will ever happen at this point (short of Zakk's liver exploding), but I'd like to see Ozzy dump Zakk and get a new shredder. Inject some fresh blood into that band and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

emptytomb1 wrote:

I like the Pride and Glory disc better than any of his BLS stuff,although some of it isnt bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Quote :

I don't think it will ever happen at this point (short of Zakk's liver exploding), but I'd like to see Ozzy dump Zakk and get a new shredder. Inject some fresh blood into that band and see what happens.

I agree. Black Rain (harmonic squeal here) sounds too much like (harmonic squeal) a BLS (double harmonic squeal) record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:21 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

I like the Pride and Glory disc better than any of his BLS stuff,although some of it isnt bad.

I don't care much for the Pride & Glory record. Too much southern-rock vibe for my tastes. And Zakk's vocals sound too forced, like he's trying to sound like Greg Allman or something. He's from New Jersey, not the deep south.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

I don't care much for the Pride & Glory record. Too much southern-rock vibe for my tastes. And Zakk's vocals sound too forced, like he's trying to sound like Greg Allman or something. He's from New Jersey, not the deep south.

I guess the Southern vibe is why I like it so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Label Society
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next