Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappointments 2010?

Go down 
+35
iamrockerfun
STIGMATADOR
MoonChild
mr.electric39
ZetaReticuli
JBall_Z
kmorg
nevermore
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Sinistar
allthingsmetal
Mglaffas81
Gilbert
Smindas
Vexer6
DallasBlack
Troublezone
jstate
stormspell
Lari
325ad
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
Ben Grimm
Temple of Blood
Stender
mc666
MetalGuy71
exact33
Zdan
thejokeriv
Olafsto
ultmetal
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail

+2
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Iron Maiden-Final Frontier (my favortie band and my biggest dissapointment

Thunderstone-Dirt Metal (Thunderstone is no more, this is an impostor)

Cathedral-The Guessing Game (not bad but most of it just faded into the background)

Kiske/Sommerville-s/t (with these two great vocalists and the guys behind the music, it should be a top album-but while the vocalists were not a problem, Siner and Magnus' music was just not as catchy and melodic as I'd hoped)

The Showdwon-Blood In The Gears (everything after Temptation Come My Way has been a dissapointment, but at least this time they had a few songs remenicent of one of my top albums in recent years)

Tarja-What Lies Beneath (not a bad album and most of the songs are good but Tarja needs to have better musical representation, she can sing but she lacks in the songwriting department-still a mark imrovement over My Winter Storm)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 am

Disturbed-Asylum was a dissapointment for me as well, it just didn't hold my attention the way Indestructible did.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Kiske/Sommerville-s/t (with these two great vocalists and the guys behind the music, it should be a top album-but while the vocalists were not a problem, Siner and Magnus' music was just not as catchy and melodic as I'd hoped
I thought this was a decent album, but it definitely doesn't have much replayability. There is some phenomenal stuff on there, but also a worrying amount of bland tracks. I went to the press party for this in Cologne and got to interview Kiske and Siner, which was single-handedly one of the coolest experiences ever.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:41 am

Iron maiden - the final frontier (but it's just my opinion)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:04 am

Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Kiske/Sommerville-s/t (with these two great vocalists and the guys behind the music, it should be a top album-but while the vocalists were not a problem, Siner and Magnus' music was just not as catchy and melodic as I'd hoped
I thought this was a decent album, but it definitely doesn't have much replayability. There is some phenomenal stuff on there, but also a worrying amount of bland tracks. I went to the press party for this in Cologne and got to interview Kiske and Siner, which was single-handedly one of the coolest experiences ever.

Sounds like it. I agree with you about the album, there are some good tracks there but not much replayability.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
Which albums did you buy that didn't meet you expectations, float your boat, etc.?

A few for me:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Wasn't "The Final Frontier" on your top list of 2010 in the other thread?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Which albums did you buy that didn't meet you expectations, float your boat, etc.?

A few for me:

Remember, dissapointments don't neccesarily (sic) mean you hate the album. It just means it wasn't what you were expecting.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 am

As much as I love each band, the latest Forbiddden, Armored Saint, Gamma Ray, and Death Angel were 'disappointments' for me. I do like the DA and Forbidden and find the Armored Saint and Gamma Ray kinda unlistenable.

I guess I am the odd man out as I wasn't disapointed by the new Iron Maiden. Based on everything since Brave New World, this is what I would have expected in terms of the sound (didn't think the songs would all be so long though....). My biggest complaint is Bruce's voice at times now. And I really liked the new Living Sacrifice as it was the most 'metallic' they have sounded for a while.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

A few for me:

Remember, disappointments don't necessarily mean you hate the album. It just means it wasn't what you were expecting.

Exactly. I don't hate the new Maiden, it's just not awesome and since it's Maiden, I always expect awesome! My list in the other thread is not in any sort of order yet and is just a list of albums that I liked in 2010.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 am

allthingsmetal wrote:
I guess I am the odd man out as I wasn't disapointed by the new Iron Maiden. Based on everything since Brave New World, this is what I would have expected in terms of the sound (didn't think the songs would all be so long though....). My biggest complaint is Bruce's voice at times now.
This is pretty much how I feel about the album, actually, although I expected the long songs. It's a decent platter with a few dips, but Bruce is showing his age. I'm not sure if it's me being over-sensitive, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the songs have been auto-tuned a fair amount as well, which really sticks out on a Maiden record.

Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 am

stormspell wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot Helloween. Not that I've expected anything, but they really should have disbanded long time ago and put an end to the agony.

Must say I love the new Helloween.

It seems most either love it or hate it.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 am

I loved 'The Final Frontier' and it is what I was excepting, epic longer songs that are more prog then metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 am

Quote :
There was another artist/cd that I found disappointing, but I can't remember who or what it was now.

The new Heathen album Evolution of Chaos. It was on my "get it eventually" list until I started reading some stellar comments here. After hearing it, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's not bad, but not as great as I expected.

Armored Saint was initially disappointing, but it's grown on me some. Same with Early Man's Death Potion. Both needed multiple spins to sink in.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 am

manny wrote:
I loved 'The Final Frontier' and it is what I was excepting, epic longer songs that are more prog then metal.

X 2!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 am

Geez, maybe I'm easily amused but I dug the Ratt, Accept, and Maiden discs this year.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Geez, maybe I'm easily amused but I dug the Ratt, Accept, and Maiden discs this year.

X10
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:46 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

X10

Agree with both of you!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Pfft. Get a room, fan-boys!! Razz

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 am

Symphorce-Unrestricted
Nevermore-The Obsidian Conspiracy
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 pm

I am actually shocked to see the new Helloween mentioned in this topic. I thought it was an absolute stunner of an album and shows just how good Helloween still are at the whole metal thing.

Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Smindas wrote:
I am actually shocked to see the new Helloween mentioned in this topic. I thought it was an absolute stunner of an album and shows just how good Helloween still are at the whole metal thing.

I'll chime in again....

totally agree.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Sinistar wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I'll chime in again....

totally agree.

Well, some people live in the past and want the glory days of 80s Helloween. That means having Kiske on vocals, Deris just doesn't cut it for them.
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sinistar wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I'll chime in again....

totally agree.

Well, some people live in the past and want the glory days of 80s Helloween. That means having Kiske on vocals, Deris just doesn't cut it for them.

True.

Actually, I prefer Hansen over Kiske. MK sounds too Brucie to me. (still love the stuff he sings on though)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Sinistar wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Sinistar wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I'll chime in again....

totally agree.

True.

Actually, I prefer Hansen over Kiske. MK sounds too Brucie to me. (still love the stuff he sings on though)

I've often thought Deris has similar qualities to Hansen, a bit rough around the edges-a good thing. Personally, I think Kai's vocals are much better in Gamma Ray than they ever were with Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointments 2010?   Disappointments 2010? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointments 2010?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next