Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devin Townsend

Go down 
+18
Wurthless
Rex
Runicen
corplhicks
Boris2008
nevermore
Sole Survivor
holydiver97595
Gilbert
chewie
metalhead777
Joe
Thrasher73
James B.
Smindas
GrandNational
mc666
Eyesore
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Devin Townsend - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:17 pm

I just woke up, checked my phone, saw seven copies of the 2CD left, so I jumped up and ran to the office...and they were sold out. I few minutes later I refreshed and it said one was available, so I was able to nab it. Not sure if they added more of if someone messed up and removed it from their cart or something. If the latter, I bet that person is pissed. Haha.

He should add a standard 2CD version, though.

And yeah, pretty sure this project will do well. I suspect Z2 will be fully funded shortly as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Oh, and "Forgive Me" is excellent. It's like Ki 2.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just woke up, checked my phone, saw seven copies of the 2CD left, so I jumped up and ran to the office...and they were sold out. I few minutes later I refreshed and it said one was available, so I was able to nab it. Not sure if they added more of if someone messed up and removed it from their cart or something. If the latter, I bet that person is pissed. Haha.

He should add a standard 2CD version, though.

And yeah, pretty sure this project will do well. I suspect Z2 will be fully funded shortly as well.

I think that what has happened is that he had a figure for the Digipack in his head and it sold out too quickly so he's revised the figure as I've just got one and they are showing as available now but were sold out a couple of hours ago. I guess that nothing has been pressed yet so he can be pretty flexible with the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm

I just figured he didn't want to autograph a shit-ton of CDs. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm

He's gonna be signing CD's & LP's, writing out song lyrics, drawing funny pictures and naming pets for weeks!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
He's gonna be signing CD's & LP's, writing out song lyrics, drawing funny pictures and naming pets for weeks!  lol! 

Seriously. He's a humble guy. I'm not sure he understands how popular he is. I was talking to his wife, Tracy, sometime last year and I suggested to her that they do a crowdfunding campaign. She said they've looked into it, but Devin wasn't sure it'd work. Yet all his fans knew this thing would reach 100% in a few hours. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah, Devin said on Twitter that they were going to add more 2 CD digipaks. I think you're both right, Devin hugely underestimates his own popularity. At this rate, he's going to smash any records set by Ginger on Pledge campaigns.

'Forgive Me' is a cracking track, exactly the kind of thing I want to hear from Dev. Beyond Ki, that more haunting side of his music never really got explored much (bar 'Watch You', which was meant to be on Ghost 2, but that seemed to die a death - unless I missed something). Really looking forward to this album.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Devin Townsend - Page 6 1016438_757708150921176_801741305_n
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:41 am

I like!

Quote :
Since the pledge will also affect Z2, here's a little update on that; Z2 will be a double album, with one disc being Ziltoid, and the other being the DTP! Great music ahead, folks!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:38 pm

I really liked the new song from Casualties. I never payed much attention to Ki, if I liked the song from casualties would I like Ki?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:50 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
I really liked the new song from Casualties. I never payed much attention to Ki, if I liked the song from casualties would I like Ki?

I would think so, definitely. You would probably like the Ghost album as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Dev's describing Casualties as having elements of Ki, elements of Ghost and elements of Devlab!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:25 pm

This is what happens when Devin sings a Dream Theater song for which he doesn't know the words.

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:06 am

It's okay, nobody knows the words to Dream Theater songs.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 am

S.D. wrote:
It's okay, nobody knows the words to Dream Theater songs.   lol! 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 pm

400% funded!

Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:42 pm

It got past 500% in the end.

Downloads of Casualties available next Wednesday. Woohoo!!  greedy 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
It got past 500% in the end.

Downloads of Casualties available next Wednesday. Woohoo!!  greedy 

He needs to learn how to add updates about the campaign to the f*cking campaign page on PledgeMusic, not just Facebook. I keep missing all these updates. Kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:08 am

PledgeMusic's notice system isn't nearly as well integrated as the one on Kickstarter, sadly.

Am I the only Luddite who is going to wait until the physical CDs are sent out to listen to the album? Color me old fashioned...  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:09 am

Runicen wrote:

Am I the only Luddite who is going to wait until the physical CDs are sent out to listen to the album?  

Probably!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:00 am

Until I have the Edison Cylinder in my grubby paws, it's not a real record!  Devin Townsend - Page 6 387733 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Hey Eyesore, you got your download yet?

It's pretty damn great! Probably the first of his quieter records to really grab me first time out.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Hey Eyesore, you got your download yet?

It's pretty damn great! Probably the first of his quieter records to really grab me first time out.  Very Happy 

Not yet. Just put the baby down, now it's time to eat. I used to check e-mail and get online first thing, now it's like midnight. =(
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:23 pm

He only put it out at midnight (our time, about two hours ago) but I happened to be on facebook so got on it quickly.

But yes, priorities (you wouldn't have it any other way I'm sure  Smile )
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
He only put it out at midnight (our time, about two hours ago) but I happened to be on facebook so got on it quickly.

But yes, priorities (you wouldn't have it any other way I'm sure  Smile )

I absolutely love spending my day with my son. It brings me so much joy. But I also find a lot of joy in not checking e-mail until 12 hours or so after I wake up. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next