Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Iron Maiden Album

Go down 
+23
metalmaniac122
nevermore
7thSecond
MoonChild
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
MetalRob331
mr.electric39
journeyman
AchrisK
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
INVADERS
Invader
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Iron Maiden
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Killers
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
Number of the Beast
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Piece of MInd
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Powerslave
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Live after Death
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Somewhere in time
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
No Prayer for the dying
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Fear of the dark
Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage

Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:18 am

I went with Powerslave! Cant beat Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 pm

A while back on here I voted for Somewhere In Time but after listening to Seventh Son last night I've re-evaluated and I like that album slightly more than SIT. Although my two favortie Maiden songs are on SIT, I don't know all the lyrics to a few of the songs while on SSOASS, I have every song lyric memorized and overall I like the songs slightly more than SIT. If I remember correctly, this album was also Steve Harris's favorite as well. However, everything Maiden has done is good IMO, even Virtual XI (my LEAST favortie, is a decent enough album).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have a friend on another board that still swears that A Matter of Life and Death is Maiden's best yet.

talk about a wanker.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

That's my pick, but Piece Of Mind and Somewhere in Time rule. I love deja Vu off SIT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:30 pm

My favorite Iron Maiden album is "Dance of Death". It wasn't listed on this poll, so I went with my second favorite, "No Prayer for the Dying".

Like all of Iron Maiden's albums though.

They really don't have a bad one to me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Piece of Mind 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Somewhere In Time, easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 pm

For each decade here's my favorite Iron Maiden:

80s:

Powerslave tied with Somewhere in Time (these albums are both masterpieces)

90s:

No Prayer for the Dying (I always felt this one was way underrated)

00s:

Dance of Death

🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:57 pm

I have to go with Killers followed closey by Piece Of Mind.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:42 pm

1.Matter of Life and Death
2.Number of the Beast
3.Powerslave
4.Iron Maiden
5.Somewhere in time

:bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Powerslave baby! I think that's the album on which they perfected the more fantasy-oriented, epic sound that they went for on Piece of Mind.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Killers is my favorite, although Piece of Mind is awefully close. Both are classic albums. Heck any of the first five albums are stone cold classics (six if you count Live After Death, which is an awesome classic live album). Very few bands can claim that kind of a run.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 pm

Somewhere in Time is my all time favorite, but Seventh Son... and Piece of Mind are way up there to.

SEAS OF MADNESS!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 pm

SIT will never be topped in my world but Piece is close and AMOLAD is now third.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
SIT will never be topped in my world

You greatly disappoint me, E-Tum. No
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:56 am

Killers, no contest there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 am

1-Piece Of Mind
2-Seventh Son
3-Fear Of The Dark
4-Somewhere In Time
5-Powerslave

No one likes Fear Of The Dark here?? surprised
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Since Somwhere In Time and Seventh Son... switch back and forth between my favorite and second favorite I will say that they tie. Mine in order would have to be those two at #1:

2. Fear Of The Dark
3. Killers
4. Piece Of Mind
5. Powerslave
6. Number Of The Beast
7. The X Factor (I know, I have a problem)
8. Dance Of Death
9. Brave New World
10. Matter Of Life And Death
11. No Prayer For The Dying
12. Iron Maiden (see #7)
13. Virtual XI

Never could get into the debut as much as the others which is why it places so low on the list (I need to re-capture it and give it another chance) and Virtual XI was a major letdown (I still liked the album but I have not yet re-captured it and I'm in no hurry). Fear Of The Dark was my first and is firmly planted behind SIT and 7SO7S as a favorite (even though many people don't like it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:05 pm

I'd probably pick Powerslave at the moment, though I could go Piece of Mind or Somewhere in Time, and I can see why Matter... has its fans. I actually really like Brave New World, and whilst it's not their greatest, I really enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Album   Favourite Iron Maiden Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2