Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+32
Wayne
Sutekh
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
nevermore
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
candlemass
QuothTheRaven
chilejay7
onrypt
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
Wurthless
bass63
akeldama
exact33
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MetallicSeminarian
ElectricEye93
Lari
Dellocatus
manny
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
MoonChild
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Grimmo
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What's your favourite post-reunion Iron Maiden album?
Brave New World
What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_lcap53%What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 28 ]
Dance Of Death
What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_lcap13%What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
A Matter Of Life And Death
What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_lcap23%What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 12 ]
The Final Frontier
What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_lcap11%What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 53

AuthorMessage
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:18 am

I found this one to be quite a tough one. I do enjoy all four. In the end, I went with Dance Of Death (but only by a nose hair). Paschendale and Wildest Dreams really caught on with me - right from when I purchased DoD back in 2003. So what's your album of choice from this quartet?  headbanger

Last edited by Grimmo on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected 'End' to 'In'.)
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 am

All of them. Brave New World is the first, so lets go with that.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:31 am

BNW, very easily. Been saying good things about that one since it came out. The latter two I don't care for at all.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 am

Brave New World

Dance of Death (Wildest Dreams is one of my top 5 Maiden songs)

A Matter of Life and Death

Final Frontier affraid
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:43 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
BNW, very easily. Been saying good things about that one since it came out. The latter two I don't care for at all.

You said what is in my mind as well. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:38 am

Brave New World is the only one I consider a classic.

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:56 am

I really like all of those records in varying degrees. I'll flip a coin and say The Final Frontier.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:00 am

BNW followed closely by AMOLAD
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:25 am

This was a tough call for me, because I like all those albums but I chose 'A Matter of Life and Death' which IMO is an amazing album.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 am

Quote :
Wait ... noone has chosen AMOLAD yet? I'm going to change that instantly! I love that album. It's the only post-reunion album that hasn't got a single filler on it, imo.
That's what I wrote a minute ago. Before manny made his choice public. Razz

Brave New Worlds has a few great tunes, but I get bored with songs like 'The Nomad', 'The Thin Line..'. Dance of Death isn't as consistent as well - but Face In The Sand deserves to be mentionned. Probably the most underrated Maiden-Song! Oh, and there's Final Frontier left - which is a great album, but I always skip the first half of it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 am

They're all good, but A Matter of Life and Death is simply the best Maiden album ever. The songs are just as good and the quality is just as consistent as on Powerslave or any other classic Maiden record, but it's 72 minutes long!

Brave New World and Dance of Death are close, too, and the Final Frontier has the best four songs to ever end an album.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 am

Take a guess which one I voted for!
<------

In my opinion, Iron Maiden's finest work and one of the best metal albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:03 am

Gonna take a fresh listen to some of these and then vote. Right now I would say "dance of death," followed closely by "the final frontier," but I'll check back in and vote after I listen again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 am

All four albums are fantastic! Had they not been, Maiden would have been pulling Priest sized audience instead of stadium shows at many places in the world. That said, A Matter Of Life And Death is my favorite of the post-reunion album and I rank it in a tie for best Maiden album (with Piece Of Mind) - all four are every bit as a good as the first seven classics. Not surprised to see Brave New World winning at this point as it's been out 13 years. I would rank the post-reunion albums:

1. AMOLAD
2. TFF
3. BNW
4. DOD

The Final Frontier is an excellent album! The second half of the album is truly amazing. Love BNW too - great way to announce "we're back!" to the world. DoD, while my least favorite of the reunion discs is still a fantastic album - No More Lies and Paschendale are new classics and the title track is fantastic song, and an even better live song!

The live albums are pretty darn good too, especially Rock In Rio and En Vivo - both of wich I think are better than Live After Death.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:46 am

I like'em all but my fave would have to be Brave New World. Not only is it a great record but I finally got to see Maiden live for the 1st time on the B.N.W. tour so there are some nice memories attached to it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:59 am

Like 'em all but AMOLAD is classic and in my top three IM albums.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:18 pm

I went BNW but here is my order:

1. BNW
2. TFF
3. AMOLAD
4. DOD

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I chose TFF but AMOLAD is right there too.

1.TFF
2.AMOLAD
3.DOD
4.BNW
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 pm

They're all very good albums but I think I'll go with Dance Of Death. It's a very strong release from start to finish with 2 great songs on it: Wildest Dreams and Dance Of Death. Brave New World comes in at a close second.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 pm

I went Brave New World. Tomorrow I may say A Matter Of Life & Death. I love all four albums.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:30 pm

This is a tough one, as I like all of them quite a bit. I'll have to go with Dance of Death though, seeing as it was my first Maiden album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Brave New World

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I remember a couple of good years ago when I first met Allen (MetallicSeminarian) on the Rock Island forum we had a similar thread and Allen's favorite album was Dance of Death. I remember him sticking by this album and I also remember just being totally baffled by his choice...

Well fast forward a number of years and I am finding myself now in the same boat as Allen when it comes to post-reunion Maiden albums. For the longest time I didn't like Dance of Death but now I regarded it as the best post-reunion Maiden album. That's not to say that the other albums are bad - Maiden imo never released a bad album even during the Blaze era - but I have really grown to like the progressive vibe on Dance of Death.

Actually my favorite song on DoD happens to be the one I disliked the most initially and that is Journeyman. Journeyman at first reminded me of my least favorite song on BNW, Blood Brothers but when I revisited DoD this song really made an impression on me. DoD is full of surprises imo a part of the album sounds very much like Maiden but the band also shows a less conventional / traditional side too.

I can understand some Maiden fans not liking this album. It's just not the album people wanted after BNW - I think many are still wanting to hear another 'golden era' Maiden sounding album but given the band's direction more 'progressive' direction I don't think this will happen. Plus no two Maiden sound alike.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I remember a couple of good years ago when I first met Allen (MetallicSeminarian) on the Rock Island forum we had a similar thread and Allen's favorite album was Dance of Death. I remember him sticking by this album and I also remember just being totally baffled by his choice...

Well fast forward a number of years and I am finding myself now in the same boat as Allen when it comes to post-reunion Maiden albums. For the longest time I didn't like Dance of Death but now I regarded it as the best post-reunion Maiden album. That's not to say that the other albums are bad - Maiden imo never released a bad album even during the Blaze era - but I have really grown to like the progressive vibe on Dance of Death.

Actually my favorite song on DoD happens to be the one I disliked the most initially and that is Journeyman. Journeyman at first reminded me of my least favorite song on BNW, Blood Brothers but when I revisited DoD this song really made an impression on me. DoD is full of surprises imo a part of the album sounds very much like Maiden but the band also shows a less conventional / traditional side too.

I can understand some Maiden fans not liking this album. It's just not the album people wanted after BNW - I think many are still wanting to hear another 'golden era' Maiden sounding album but given the band's direction more 'progressive' direction I don't think this will happen. Plus no two Maiden sound alike.

Wrong guy. My name is Curtis, not Allen Smile.

However, I went ahead and voted "dance of death." But it was like choosing a favorite donut. Almost impossible.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Wrong guy. My name is Curtis, not Allen :).

However, I went ahead and voted "dance of death." But it was like choosing a favorite donut. Almost impossible.

Sorry dude - I really thought you were Allen ... I know he went under MetallicBlaze for a while here but for some reason I thought he had returned here under this name... oh well my bad ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?   What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite post-reunion (with Bruce Dickinson) Iron Maiden album?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next