Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?

Go down 
+14
EvyMetal
journeyman
jstate
DeathCult
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
mc666
Thrasher73
Mattallica667
kmorg
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
18 posters
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 am

My favs are:

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? 2530

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? 2520

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? 1900476978Iron%20Maiden-A%20Real%20Dead%20One-P

Also, I found an excellent Iron Maiden wallpapers site that some of you guys may like. Full of High-Quality wallpapers from Maiden's best art.

http://www.ironmaidenwallpaper.com/

Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am

I think my two favorites would be the covers to KILLERS (what an iconic image!) and SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON.

Although the artwork on that new SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME compilation album is the most bad-ass Eddie I've seen in quite awhile. I'm going to see Maiden tomorrow night and I'm hoping that design will be available on a T-shirt, cuz I'd definitely buy one!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:17 am

Live After Death, the entire spreaded double album art!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 am

Defiantly:

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Iron_maiden_2008

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Killers

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Iron-maiden-early-days-5200134

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Iron_Maiden
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:30 am

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icarus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:34 am

Killers and Powerslave. I have a big flag of Powerslave, which looks really awesome under my black light. I like the intensity of the colours on Killers, though. Really, you can't go wrong with the 80s albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I love Piece of Mind the best as far as covers go.

The trooper painting rules!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Somewhere in Time is my favorite Maiden cover.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Somewhere In Time easily (so much detail...love looking for hidden things in that painting)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? IronMaiden_060914010324445_wideweb__300x300

Killer Art for this album!

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Iron_maiden_9
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Somewhere In Time and Fear Of The Dark, however, almost all Eddie artwork is superb IMO and I really want to get the recent book containing all of Derek Riggs artwork (a shame that he and has such animostity toward Maiden because apart from the Fear Of The Dark cover, his art is the best).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think my two favorites would be the covers to KILLERS (what an iconic image!) and SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON.

Although the artwork on that new SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME compilation album is the most bad-ass Eddie I've seen in quite awhile. I'm going to see Maiden tomorrow night and I'm hoping that design will be available on a T-shirt, cuz I'd definitely buy one!!

Very true about the new comp art work!!!!!!!

Word is that they will be selling an event tshirt for the two shows!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Killers. But most of the 80's artwork as awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:27 pm

I'll go with Somewhere In Time. Like Scott said, a lot to discover within it. It was many years after the fact till I realized the HammerJacks sign on the building. As a guy who had just started going to HammerJacks that was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:45 pm

A Matter of Life and Death
Somewhere in Time

Really I like all of the covers, except for maybe Dance of Death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:56 pm

The Trooper first then AMOLAD.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:55 am

Phantom Of The Opera
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:11 am

Killers
Piece of Mind
Somewhere in Time
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:57 am

Killers, Powerslave or Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 am

Can I Play With Madness is a awesome picture, Love the screw going into Eddie's head. But most Maiden stuff is great

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Single17_madness_a_small
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:32 am

I've always been partial to the cover for Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, myself.

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Album07_ssoass_a_small

Powerslave's in second.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:15 pm

AChevy wrote:
I've always been partial to the cover for Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, myself.

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Album07_ssoass_a_small

Powerslave's in second.

Me too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Live After Death, the entire spreaded double album art!

Agreed.

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? 25

Last edited by spectrefate on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:54 pm

The one for the Somewhere Back In Time compilation is pretty cool. I was always pretty interested in what the result would be if you combined several of their album covers. Smile

I've always had something of an affinity for Live!! +1's cover, as well. Maybe it's just the simplicity of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?   Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Iron Maiden Painting or Piece of Art?
Page 1 of 1