Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

demos that sound better than the studio versions

Go down 
+13
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
adrian
Troublezone
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Schbopo
chewie
MEGATRON
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

demos that sound better than the studio versions Empty
PostSubject: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:48 am

The demos from the Load/Reload songs by MetallicA sound better since Bob Rock hadn't polished them into pop songs yet.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:12 am

Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:14 am

fingers wrote:
The demos from the Load/Reload songs by MetallicA sound better since Bob Rock hadn't polished them into pop songs yet.

Heres another one that sounds better than the original
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:01 pm

These are not as muddy as the final product, though the vocals are not complete. I could not find Trashed which sounds way better than what ended up on Born Again.

Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:22 pm

This one is mostly for the extended guitar solo that isn't in the studio version.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 am

chewie wrote:
These are not as muddy as the final product, though the vocals are not complete. I could not find Trashed which sounds way better than what ended up on Born Again.

You might already know, but Tony Iommi is planning to remix/remaster this album to how it was originally intended to sound.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 am

MEGATRON wrote:

You might already know, but Tony Iommi is planning to remix/remaster this album to how it was originally intended to sound.

I heard about that, but I don't remember when it is suppossed to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:06 am

Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules (Heavy Metal Soundtrack version - which was a demo)

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am

Never heard the Heavy Metal soundtrack version of the Mob Rules (have to see if I can find that).

I'm so used to the original Born Again versions,I'm not sure I want to hear the "fixed" one. It's my favorite Sabbath album.
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Halford's 1999 demo version of 'Silent Screams' is my favourite version of the song by far.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:54 pm

I won't say the quality is better, but "Flamingo" is a much better song than "All Nightmare Long." Wish they'd kept it the same.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 pm

And I'd also like to point this out: Production doesn't make a pop song.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Ok I exaggerated about that but what I really meant was Bob Rock making the Reload songs more appealing to the pop audience
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 pm

fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ok I exaggerated about that but I really meant Bob Rock making the Metallica songs more appealing to the pop audience
Well, the band wrote them, but yeah, they're more radio friendly.

I really can't find anything wrong with Load and Reload. While some songs aren't all that, I think they're great albums. Unlike Use Your Illusion I and II, I think Load and Reload definitely have more than an album's worth of good tunes. Although they surely could have made one really really great album. But I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ok I exaggerated about that but I really meant Bob Rock making the Metallica songs more appealing to the pop audience
Well, the band wrote them, but yeah, they're more radio friendly.

I really can't find anything wrong with Load and Reload. While some songs aren't all that, I think they're great albums. Unlike Use Your Illusion I and II, I think Load and Reload definitely have more than an album's worth of good tunes. Although they surely could have made one really really great album. But I can't complain.

It would of been better if the production on those albums weren't so polished if had been produced by the producer before Bob Rock than I would like it more.

I agree that the songs are good The Outlaw Torn is my favourite post black album song, other good songs are Devils Dance, Bleeding me, Aint my smurfette, Low man's lyric where the wild things are, King Nothing and Until it Sleeps.

All of the songs from those albums sound better live I want to get Cunning stunts on DVD soon.

I remember back in High school 11 years ago most of the Metallica fans in my school thought those albums were better than their pre black era stuff. But I have and always will prefer their pre black album era. Check out 2x4 live 1995 better than the studio version
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:41 pm

I think AIC's demo version of "We Die Young" is better than the album version.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Don't agree with that one, the best version of We Die Young is the 1989 version thats on the Alice in Chains DVD
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 pm

fingers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don't agree with that one, the best version of We Die Young is the 1989 version thats on the Alice in Chains DVD

I'm talking about the version that was on the (best of the box) cd... it was listed as a demo. Which one do you think i was talking about?
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
fingers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm talking about the version that was on the (best of the box) cd... it was listed as a demo. Which one do you think i was talking about?

the one off Nothing Safe: Best of the Box
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:03 am

Though it's far more raw sounding, I love this version due to Zetro's vocals. Though I love the version with Chuck Billy as well.

PostSubject: Re: demos that sound better than the studio versions   demos that sound better than the studio versions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

demos that sound better than the studio versions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next