Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist

Go down 
+29
nevermore
Boris2008
speed101
mikeinfla
James B.
jstate
TheDoctor'sScarf
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
Eyesore
arttieTHE1manparty
Getizzyback
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lurideath
Leatherface
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Waylon
exact33
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
manny
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 12:24 pm

QR is back again with yet another new singer if anyone cares...

Quote :
QUIET RIOT has announced Seann Nicols (formerly of ADLER'S APPETITE) as its new vocalist starting in 2017. QUIET RIOT is currently in the studio with Seann recording its forthcoming full-length album of all new material, to be released on Frontiers Music Srl in early 2017. They will also be releasing a music video, which will be the first QUIET RIOT music video since 1989. The band will kick off their tour on January 27 in Medina, Minnesota and will continue their touring schedule around the globe.

Vocalist Jizzy Pearl (LOVE/HATE, L.A. GUNS, ADLER'S APPETITE, RATT), who is departing to concentrate full time on his solo career, will finish off the 2016 QUIET RIOT tour dates through December. Frankie Banali claims the departure is amicable. "QUIET RIOT thanks Jizzy for a great three years and we wish him the very best," he says.

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Quietriot2017lineup_638

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 pm

It's official ... Frontiers will sign any-damn-body who sold fifty records or more back in the day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's official ... Frontiers will sign any-damn-body who sold fifty records or more back in the day. Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard

It does seem that way! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Wait, when did Jizzy Pearl join Quiet Riot?  The last post before that one was 3 years ago.

Last I knew he was in LA Guns.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wait, when did Jizzy Pearl join Quiet Riot?  The last post before that one was 3 years ago.

He's been in pretty much every L.A. band at one time or another....

Anywhoo, he was in QR for a year or two. I don't know how active they were during that period but he did appear on their disastrously received "10" digital-only EP from 2014:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t21397-quiet-riot-10-new-album

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 pm

They should just hire Noddy Holder and have done with it lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Laughing very hard

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He's been in pretty much every L.A. band at one time or another....

Anywhoo, he was in QR for a year or two. I don't know how active they were during that period but he did appear on their disastrously received "10" digital-only EP from 2014:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t21397-quiet-riot-10-new-album

Thanks for the laugh FF.  I got a kick out of reading those reviews.

Not being a QR fan I totally skipped that thread.  Now that I think about it I'm not sure why I clicked on this one.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Christ!!!!!! The documentary Frankie did was a self serving steaming pile of dog shit, that ten song digital only release was biggest turd released to the general public since Pat Boone crooned metal's biggest hits.

I liked Quiet Riot back in the day and still do, DuBrow was the only thing that made the band stand out. Frankie, a great drummer, actually all of them were great musicians, and DuBrow was their main songwriter. If they make a decent album, then maybe I will so ok, but that last 10 EP was complete shit.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Wow manny.  I'll take that as a "maybe" on the "10" EP.  \'arry \'eadbanger

In all seriousness, while I was never a QR fan at all I totally agree that what set them apart was Dubrow.  You could recognize that voice right away.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 am

I didn't realize anyone cared about QR after the 80's... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:01 am

candlemass wrote:

They don't. But that's not gonna stop Frankie from trying.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

Yeah, the "10" wasn't very good. I downloaded one song and then about 2 months later Frankie pulled the album entirely. I don't think it's available any more but you're not missing much. The production on it was terrible any way.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:09 am

The hype video for 10 is still in Vimeo but all the others have been removed.

https://vimeo.com/99126606
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:12 am

Frankie addressed that...

Quote :
The Pearl-fronted QUIET RIOT recorded six new songs for an album called "10", which was released digitally on iTunes and Amazon.com in June 2014, but Banali pulled the songs from both download stores shortly after putting the effort on sale and hasn't made them available again.

Banali said last year that his decision to remove "10" from iTunes and Amazon.com was motivated in part by the fact that he couldn't find a record label that would properly promote the album. In addition, he said that the system that brought us classic rock music has been forever altered by the times and the promotional and marketing engine that is broken, no longer effectively exposing music from the labels through radio and to the masses.

I'm sure the sh*tty reviews and bad word-of-mouth helped speed up that decision as well.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 2:24 pm

candlemass wrote:

I didn't care about them during the '80s
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

For the most part, though, they seem to have good quality control. Most of the albums they release are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 pm

I hate to say it, but I just don't have an interest in QR without any original members.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 4:43 pm

I listened to the entire discography this week, and I was pleasantly surprised by some tracks I had not listened to in a very long time, if ever. I found quite a few songs on some of the later albums like Down to the Bone, Guilty Pleasures and Alive and Well that I prefer to some of their better known songs.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:21 pm

I can always find a few gems on all their albums, so not surprised.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Down to the Bone and Rehab get as much play in my house as the first few albums (Metal Health and Condition Critical). I also really like QR3 and the S/T as well. I kind of view those two as almost a different band than the Metal machine that produced MH and CC.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 am

I think Rehab is a pretty decent album as far as latter day QR is concerned. Kevin DuBrow's solo album of cover tunes is good too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Agreed, the solo album is very good too. "Red Hot Mamma" is a standout track and QR played it regularly up until his death.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Rehab is a good album that i got to play again yesterday in my car. But i've never owned more than 2 or 3 QR albums...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next