Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.

Go down 
+30
the sentinel
TrogDawn
rattpoison
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
journeyman
Wargod
spiritoradio
mez
Chairman_Smith
Shiney
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
mc666
MetalGuy71
krokus
Olafsto
Required Fields
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
Troublezone
TheGooch
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:36 am

Blabbermouth is reporting an as-yet-unconfirmed rumor that Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot passed away over the weekend. If it's true... R.I.P.

QUIET RIOT Singer Reportedly Found Dead In His Las Vegas Home - Nov. 26, 2007

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reports that QUIET RIOT frontman Kevin DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."
Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:
"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 am

R.I.P.

I hope it's not true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 am

Wow. I hope this isn't true. The article on VegasEye is written in an odd way that makes me suspicious. But then Banali's site is apparently down at the present time.......I hope its a hoax as DuBrow is a personal favorite of mine.

Crap. This truly sucks.

"Lord why couldn't you have taken Phil Anselmo??"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 am

Unfortunately, Blabbermouth has now updated the above report... it's been confirmed. R.I.P. Kevin.

Confirmed: QUIET RIOT Singer KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52 - Nov. 26, 2007

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:31 am

Crap.

On a somewhat positive note, Rehab was QR's best album of their career.

Man, this is terrible news.

R.I.P. Kevin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 am

Yea, it sucks. I haven't listened to QR in quite some time but who knows, if it weren't for hearing/loving their METAL HEALTH album way back when I was eleven or twelve years old, I may not have become the metalhead I am today.

R.I.P. Kevin... and thanks...!

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:40 am

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:48 am

This sucks!!! He was a 80's icon. RIP Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:53 am

Wow! That sucks. No news on what he died of?

Goodbye Kevin. Hope to see you in Heaven someday.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 am

News spreads fast on the internet!

Quote :
Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow dies

It’s been confirmed that Kevin DuBrow, lead singer and founding member of Quiet Riot, has died, aged 52. His body was found by friends yesterday.
The news broke this morning in a post on The Vegas Eye by Michael Politz, who counted DuBrow as “one of my closest friends”.

Confirmation of DuBrow’s passing has come from Quiet Riot drummer
Frankie Benali in an email sent to The Metal Circus in Spain, and from
bassist Kelly Garni on the Randy Rhoads tribute site www.randyrhoads.tk. In his post Garni asks for everyone to resist commenting or speculating on DuBrow’s death until concrete information is given.
At this time it is not known how DuBrow died. He recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans, attending The Cult’s show at the House of Blues.

No official statement has come from the band or their label.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 am

you could say that again
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:21 am

WTF ?
i didn't se 'em live !
WHY ?
another great vocalist is gone ... it's so sad.
can't believe it !
thanks to QR for MH album in '83 !

R ock I n P eace !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:23 am

Here's an interesting interview i found with Kevin -

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=68246823&blogID=221505829

The guy always seemed to have a lot to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 am

troublezone wrote:

The guy always seemed to have a lot to say.

Yes he did & he was always honest, and that got him in trouble alot with the bloated rock stars of the day such as Ozzy Osbourne. Quiet Riot definetely had their missteps but they always were out there on the road bringing their music to the fans without complaint. This band will be sorely missed by fans such as myself.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:32 am

man this is a shame.R.I.P Kevin
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:33 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:36 am

shi* man ! i'm so sad right know. this report totally blew me out.
fuc* ! insane ... can't believe.
i love QR but this is unbelievable. it's no QR without KD.

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am

he was certainly the soul of the band
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 am

WOW! That is terrible news!!!
He, and his band were among my first and most important heroes in the eighties. And Rehab has made me smile, and say QR are back, stronger than ever! I even think Kevin looked very young and fit for his age!
I still play those eighties records alot, so many good memories!!
Man this makes me sad!!!
R.I.P Kevin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:20 am

I also think its very sad. I have been playing at least 4 or 5 times a year a QUIET RIOT vinyl for the last 17 or 18 years and now it will be never the same again. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:43 am

Wow. What crap-tacular news to start off my morning. I wasn't the biggest QR fan in the world, but I did enjoy their music and I liked that Kevin was pretty outspoken. His solo album of cover tunes (In For The Kill) is great. I listen to that one more than Quiet Riot.

Farewell Kev.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:46 am

everyones time comes. unfortunately, he was still relatively young. RIP

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 am

Incredibly sad news, and totally out of the blue! I though they were on the verge of second break through, then this crap happens.

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Wow! That's...unexpected. Did he have problems with drugs at all?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I haven't seen any info about a cause of death yet.

Here's a statement from the head of Chavis Records (QR's current label) that I found on the Chavis website

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 27, 2007
THE PASSING OF KEVIN DuBROW

It is with great sadness that I post this very disturbing news...

QUIET RIOT singer Kevin DuBrow's body was found by friends, on Sunday, November 25th in his Las Vegas home. DuBrow recently turned 52 and spent his birthday weekend in New Orleans.

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow."

As I mourn his death with a heavy heart, I will remember hearing his voice and the music for the very first time on the radio back in 1983. I will remember all the great music Kevin and Quiet Riot gave to so many of us over the years and I will say Thank you, Kevin, may you rest in peace...

Bill Chavis

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next