Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Rehab

Go down 
+5
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:43 pm

I just listened to samples of this record and it is really good! It sucks that Kevin died but this was a great record to go out with.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000IOM3K8/ref=pd_krex_listen_dp_img/104-4230420-0095906?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Yeah, this album is really good. QR was on a roll with the one, I was hoping with the positive feedback this album got we would've gotten another new release from them. Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 pm

On my want list. I did recently get "Guilty Pleasures" which is also quite good.

ult

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Metal Health good? How does it stack up?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:52 pm

It rates up there with Metal Health to me. I really like this album!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:38 pm

It's a very good album.
Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm

It is the best thing they had done since Terrified (which is my fav of their's).

I love Rehab.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:01 pm

I have this album, but I never listen to it. Its a bit too southern rock-ish for my taste (yeah, they have a few styles in here). I dont think its that good, but I do Like the Glenn Hughes appearance on "Evil Woman".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
I have this album, but I never listen to it. Its a bit too southern rock-ish for my taste (yeah, they have a few styles in here). I dont think its that good, but I do Like the Glenn Hughes appearance on "Evil Woman".

Strange you say that because from the samples i've heard i don't hear the southern rock sound and if there is any it's insignificant. It sounds like exactly what it is...post Randy Rhoads Quiet Riot.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
I have this album, but I never listen to it. Its a bit too southern rock-ish for my taste (yeah, they have a few styles in here).

Yeah, I hear the southern rock in it as well. Not in EVERY song mind you, but it's there. This whole album has a great 70s classic rock vibe to it.
Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:35 pm

I think the southern rock comparision is inaccurate. But there are alot of different elements in this album that make it the most mature outing the band ever did. I am glad they got to make it.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:03 am

Yeas, the soutern elements arent in every song, but this cd certainly explores a wide variety of rock styles. I Thought the best track on it was the opener "Free". Its a great song IMO.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 pm

I haven't heard this one. Saw it used a couple of months ago but ended up not getting it. I probably should have bought it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:40 pm

I haven't heard a QR album since Metal Health, but from the descriptions, Rehab sounds interesting. I like Kevin's solo album, which is all covers of 70's rock tunes. Sounds like the last QR album took that direction as well. I might check that one out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiet Riot - Rehab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Rehab   Quiet Riot - Rehab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Rehab
Page 1 of 1