Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
shamgar75
DallasBlack
Jesusandmetal23
stormspell
mr.electric39
kmorg
nevermore
Sutekh
chewie
Lari
mez
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
Joe
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
fingers
MetalRob331
mc666
Gilbert
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
bassman
manny
Ben Grimm
Alex Dee Rokket
powermacho
ZetaReticuli
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 pm

So mysterious.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:10 pm

I'd love to see the list of who's auditioning.

Not sure Malcuso (sp?) could handle this material, though he is an awesome drummer.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Macaluso could more than handle Dream Theater, IMO. I think he'd be perfect. Great drummer, relationship of sorts w/ LaBrie already AND a New Yorker...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Macaluso played drums for my band at one point. But I didn't like his drumming. He made the music sound like calculus lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

They need to get this guy!

What a jackass. lol!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I understand from a person in the know, they are auditioning drummers. As soon as I find out how one can audition. I'll let you guys know. Cool
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:58 am

So apparently Jarozmbek won't be auditioning because he is currently on tour w/ Halford. Sad

Him or Virgil Donati would be my top choices.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:13 am

Donati would rule!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 am

And now he's out of A7F also:

Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has released the following statement:

"Yes, the rumors are true... Sadly my time with AVENGED SEVENFOLD has come to an end... The band has decided to carry on into 2011 without me...

"I had a great time with them throughout 2010, but it was their choice to end the relationship at the end of 2010 as was always the initial plan....

"I had an awesome time on stage with the guys every night and have so many cool memories from the experience with them... I am proud to always be part of the AVENGED SEVENFOLD family and history. I also adore the AVENGED SEVENFOLD fans and totally appreciate the way they welcomed me aboard and were so loving and supportive during my time with the band...thank you!

"As far as my future, I am excited by the endless musical possibilities that lie ahead of me...my love for music runs very deep and my taste is very broad and ecclectic which will give me the chance to explore many different things and collaborate with many great friends and artists I admire and respect...

"Happy holidaze to you all and c-ya in the New Year."

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:59 am

kmorg wrote:

"Yes, the rumors are true... Sadly my time with AVENGED SEVENFOLD has come to an end... The band has decided to carry on into 2011 without me...

"I had a great time with them throughout 2010, but it was their choice to end the relationship at the end of 2010 as was always the initial plan....

"I had an awesome time on stage with the guys every night and have so many cool memories from the experience with them... I am proud to always be part of the AVENGED SEVENFOLD family and history. I also adore the AVENGED SEVENFOLD fans and totally appreciate the way they welcomed me aboard and were so loving and supportive during my time with the band...thank you!

"As far as my future, I am excited by the endless musical possibilities that lie ahead of me...my love for music runs very deep and my taste is very broad and ecclectic which will give me the chance to explore many different things and collaborate with many great friends and artists I admire and respect...

OOPS.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 pm

oops is right...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 pm

He was never "in" A7X...he was always a guest player...if the initial plan was to end at the end of 2010 (which, initially, was to allow him to return to DT), then it's not a big deal, really. He probably offered since he has nothing major to go back to and they simply chose to stick with the original plan...they probably had been looking for his replacement for a while and didn't want to keep that guy waiting.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Anyone heard any rumors as to who the new Dream Theater drummer may be? DT supposedly has someone picked to play some festival dates in Europe this spring, but havent made any announcements.

Anyone care to speculate? Peter Criss is a strong candidate I've heard.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:30 pm

I think it'll be Mike Mangini at this point...but I still think John Macaluso is the guy they need.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I think it'll be Mangini but I think they need Jarzombek. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He was never "in" A7X...he was always a guest player...if the initial plan was to end at the end of 2010 (which, initially, was to allow him to return to DT), then it's not a big deal, really. He probably offered since he has nothing major to go back to and they simply chose to stick with the original plan...they probably had been looking for his replacement for a while and didn't want to keep that guy waiting.
Plus he's on a different life level than those guys. He's in his 40s and they're still in their 20s.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Plus he's on a different life level than those guys. He's in his 40s and they're still in their 20s.

Exactly...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Here's A7x comments on Portnoy:

Talking about the departure of Portnoy, Avenged Sevenfold frontman M. Shadows told Pulse Of Radio that the public way the drummer handled his split from Dream Theater: was a contributing factor.

“We felt that maybe both parties could have handled it a little more internally without being so press release-happy about what had happened between them. Because we’re a band that, really, when it comes to news all over web sites or this or that about bands, you know, we don’t tweet much, we don’t try to put ourselves out that much, and all the drama and controversy wasn’t something that we wanted at all.”
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 pm

manny wrote:

“We felt that maybe both parties could have handled it a little more internally without being so press release-happy about what had happened between them.
he has a point. if Mike had kept the soap opera stuff to a minimum, he might have extended his stay with them.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 pm

nightmare..... pure and simple....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Portnoy is a drama queen and can't keep his mouth shut.

But it's good that someone in DT have a personality and be willing to interact with the fans, so he had an important role to fill.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Portnoy is a drama queen and can't keep his mouth shut.

Very true unfortunately...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm

kmorg wrote:

Laughing very hard laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Eyesore wrote:

Agreed on both accounts. I never saw this as anything deserving to be long-term, it would've been too weird given the age difference and what Portnoy is known for and what A7X is known for. Portnoy was a guest sitting in. Not a member of the band. You know A7X wasn't going to let Portnoy have a say in the band and influence their music and I doubt Portnoy would've wanted to just be a hired gun for the long-term.

I know people are laughing because they think Portnoy ditched DT for A7X but I think don't think it's so cut and dry.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Thinking he "ditched" DT for A7X is indeed laughable.

Saw an interview on a prog board with Steve Morse and he said the Portnoy, Neal Morse, John Aldertete and himself had a new project coming...should be cool.

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?   Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Portnoy Quits Dream Theater!!!!!! WTF!?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next