Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!

Go down 
+16
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
powermacho
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
tohostudios
nevermore
ZetaReticuli
manny
Jesusandmetal23
ACCEPT
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 pm

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Wish I could catch the Baltimore show with King's X, but it;s my son's birthday

Take him along! He'll enjoy the show.

LOL!!!! His first real concert will be Saturday, seeing KISS
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Wish I could catch the Baltimore show with King's X, but it;s my son's birthday

Take him along! He'll enjoy the show.

LOL!!!! His first real concert will be Saturday, seeing KISS

THAT'S even better !!!!! Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I can't accept the new guy, TT Quick (Razz) alumnus or not.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I can't accept the new guy, TT Quick (Razz) alumnus or not.

Your loss I guess.

I quite like the new guy's vocals; just enough baritone timbre in his voice to lift him out of Udo Popeye territory IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm

I love UDO and i'm enjoying what i'm hearing from the new album. If I recall right, Peter did vocals on a couple songs on Predator. Am I right there? If so, wonder if he sings on the new one?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Was that really a post from Peter Baltes? Way cool.

Anyway, I was skeptical about a new Accept disc without Udo at first like most longtime fans, but I was sold as soon as I saw the "Teutonic Terror" video for the first time and now I can't wait to hear the rest. Bring it on guys!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Does it bring the best of the 80's into 2010?

Actually, no. The best parts of Accept from the 80's are active in U.D.O. In my opinion, just like the Eat The Heat album, this new incarnation of the band is a slap in the face for fans of the classic Accept sound.

Although Spec is a dear friend, I wholeheartedly disagree with the above. I love the Eat the Heat album, and what I have heard from the new one shreds as well. Udo, as much as he is a hero of mine, is not the identity of Accept. That was all five guys, and four of them are still together. Udo is all-out class and it kicks ass he is still holding the torch. But, I can still totally hear the 80's Accept sound in Wolf/Stephen/Peter/and Herman.

YES! Someone who agrees! Accept is still Accept without Udo, and Tornillo is a killer singer.

I agree...Tornillo sounds great in Accept...much better fit to the band's legacy and hertiage vocally than Reece (as good as he is)...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:29 am

Still a few days to go headbanger

My collection needs a new Accept album.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:33 am

I own a few Accept discs and a few UDO discs. So while I'm a casual fan of both, I'm more interested in hearing/purchasing this new Accept album than I am of purchasing anymore UDO discs.

Not to discount his solo work, but you pretty much know what you're getting when you purchase a UDO album. Some might be better than others, but he does what he does. Usually very well.

This new Accept line-up has something to prove and I'm anxious to hear it.

I owned Eat The Heat for a very brief time. It was NOT an Accept album in any way, shape or form. Was it a bad album? No, not really. Was it an Accept album? In name only.

EDIT: Just watched the 'Teutonic Terror' video. Nice job. Sounds great and the flaming guitars at the end was a nice touch. I think I'm gonna like this.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Again guys,

Yes, that absolutely was Peter. I can promise you that no one will ever play games under this username.

This time, it's only me though...lol.

I never thought of Udo as Popeye, my wife mentions Gonzo though.

I love all of it. I think it would be unfortunate to have people pick sides and pit U.D.O. against ACCEPT.

That said, nothing from U.D.O. has ever appealed to me like Restless & Wild or Balls etc. I followed him for a few albums and tuned back in from time to time, but usually more to hear him doing ACCEPT.

I was among those who really gave the band a tough time when they posted Mark singing two classic ACCEPT songs. I think it was a mis-step, but they were clearly excited to have found him. Peter told me he appreciated a guy who calls it like he sees it. I figured the least I could do was keep an open mind.

The better way to introduce Mark would have been to do so through a few interviews and some TT Quick footage (IMO). That would have made him a person, not just a voice. When you get to see Mark the person, I think you can really appreciate why they would choose him. Before I shook his hand, I felt like I had known him for years. He's just a really nice guy.

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 am

I did my pre-order with the shirt and I have a new shirt from the last concert on ny. I am planning on getting as manny shirts from accept on the next concert on bbking ny Wink . In the first question, what are the kids of today looking for and what sound should accept Should look for? Just keep it true, and the old school metal heads will come, they are the ones that buy the CDs, and support the bands.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 am

I went to the last concert on grammercy ny. And accept played stronger than ever, mark's voice fit the band perfectly. My friends and I agreed that UDO'S voice is no longer strong as before and UDO on accept would dissapoint since his voice is even more limited these days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 am

Quote :
UDO'S voice is no longer strong as before and UDO on accept would dissapoint since his voice is even more limited these days

Did you and your friends also discuss that UDO has never stopped singing, which is why his voice may not be as strong? This Mark guy has been delivering pizzas or something since the 80's, resting his voice. Of course he'll sound fresh.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
UDO'S voice is no longer strong as before and UDO on accept would dissapoint since his voice is even more limited these days

Did you and your friends also discuss that UDO has never stopped singing, which is why his voice may not be as strong? This Mark guy has been delivering pizzas or something since the 80's, resting his voice. Of course he'll sound fresh.

Actually Mark has been singing a lot. Besides TT Quick, he was also in a very popular AC/DC tribute band that toured around the East Coast playing clubs.

Personally I think Udo still sounds great! Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 11840
Take a listen to the recent live albums. He's still cranking out old Accept songs and sounds as good as ever.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

Looking forward to hearing this one.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I think in general the opposite is true.

Unless you've done grinding tours, your voice is stronger from using it regularly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 201269 You really don't like Mark in Accept do you? Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 201269

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:37 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:41 am

Spec has a new cause.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 201269 You really don't like Mark in Accept do you? Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 201269

Beating a dead horse......ACCEPT to me has to include UDO. Period. This band isn't terrible, but it isn't ACCEPT. Call it something different, otherwise you tarnish the band's legacy. Would Twisted Sister work without Dee Snider? Hell no. UDO is just as iconic and important to the band dynamic as DEE is in TS. I would guess the buzz around this band wouldn't be so great if it wasn't named ACCEPT. That's how it is seen in Spectrefate's house. Your results may vary.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Beating a dead horse......ACCEPT to me has to include UDO. Period. This band isn't terrible, but it isn't ACCEPT. Call it something different, otherwise you tarnish the band's legacy. Would Twisted Sister work without Dee Snider? Hell no. UDO is just as iconic and important to the band dynamic as DEE is in TS. I would guess the buzz around this band wouldn't be so great if it wasn't named ACCEPT. That's how it is seen in Spectrefate's house. Your results may vary.

Fair enough. I'm not that hard-core of a fan that it matters much to me, but I see where you're coming from. I'd have felt the same way when it was rumored that Aerosmith was going to get a new singer. Just doesn't seem right.

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 am

For me, the fact that UDO left and has been doing other work that seems like a normal progression of Accept helps.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Some good points I think....

Here's my take on a few things...

AC/DC is probably the best example of a band that was great before and after a huge change.... they did not have a choice though.

Wolf and Peter spent many years building ACCEPT and creating a great legacy. Should Udo's refusal to return keep them from bringing it back to life? I don't think anyone actually in their shoes would want to start under a new name when they really want to play their classic stuff and pick up where they left off. No, ACCEPT is not METALLICA, but it is a strong brand, and I think they are truer to it than they were able to be in their more recent attempts WITH Udo.

Like AC/DC, they were left without a choice.

As for the condition of voices, Udo is a smoker. He has paid a price for that on top of the fact that getting older tends to reduce range, and this is a style that require care to avoid losing your voice completely. Brian Johnson shows similar signs of natural loss.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!

I can see what your saying but I don't know. Tons of bands have changed singers over the years Iconic ones too and they didn't do so bad. Look at Van Halen. Only reason why Hagar isnt there is cause of Eddie being a crack head.

I heard this new Accept song a few months ago and I liked it. This singer is close to UDO but not as rough. UDO sounds like he's been gargling with rocks. I thought Brian Johnson was getting worse but he's actually improved.

I'll give the Accept a chance when it comes out. You might open up to it once you hear it Spec. The name means nothing as long as the music holds up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm late to the party, but would still like to welcome both ACCEPT and Peter to the board.

I've pre-ordered the new album, but have yet to receive it. But I can't wait to hear it. I think I'll like it, but I have to say that I will always prefer the classics.

If you haven't already, please take a look at my Accept page: www.metal-metropolis.com/accept.htm

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next