Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!

Go down 
+16
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
powermacho
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
tohostudios
nevermore
ZetaReticuli
manny
Jesusandmetal23
ACCEPT
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi Folks,
Have you seen the first video for the brand new ACCEPT album? It is called Teutonic Terror.
http://www.acceptworldwide.com/2-0-MEDIA.html
What do you think of the song? Does it bring the best of the 80's into 2010? Is that a welcome thing?

The “discussion” I am interested in is simple. Today, Black metal and Death metal often seem to dominate these forums. But, even if you were to ask many of the members of the bands in these genres, a lot of them would give a solid nod to ACCEPT for having introduced songs like “Fast as a Shark” or “Demon’s Night” and inspiring many of the heaviest practitioners out there.
However, ACCEPT is much more like Judas Priest in their delivery of music.

The question I ask is:
In 2010, which metal genre will ACCEPT appeal to most? Power Metal? Thrash?
During the recent European festival dates, rabid fans of all ages and from all genres appear to be really into it.
Olavi Mikkonen (AMON AMARTH) has called the new album “brilliant” and his review has been posted during the 24 hour news marathon going on right now at:
http://www.acceptworldwide.com/

Does that suggest fans of Amon Amarth might see something they like in ACCEPT too?

I’m curious to hear and better understand what draws the fans of metal to their music today, and how they decide to give thumbs up or down to bands they may be hearing for the first time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Quote :
Does it bring the best of the 80's into 2010?

Actually, no. The best parts of Accept from the 80's are active in U.D.O. In my opinion, just like the Eat The Heat album, this new incarnation of the band is a slap in the face for fans of the classic Accept sound.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Alright, look. I'm not sure if you are affiliated with Accept or not, but you dont seem to know much about these boards. By implying that these forums is a place where mainly black and death metal are discussed, you show that you havent at all checked out the boards before posting.

This is mainly a forum where classic, doom, power, and thrash metal, along with glam, is discussed. Black and death metal is very sparsely discussed.

You are likely a promoter for Accept, and I can see why you are going to message boards and talking about the new album. I can also see why you have implied that these boards consist of mostly black and death fans, as those styles (along with metalcore) seem to be dominant in modern metal circles.

But, I can assure you, that HERE, on THESE forums, there are TONS of Accept fans. And a lot of people who plan on purchasing the album, or at least I can speak for myself there.

So good luck to you and Accept my friend! And feel free to join our discussions whenever you want to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:08 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Actually, no. The best parts of Accept from the 80's are active in U.D.O. In my opinion, just like the Eat The Heat album, this new incarnation of the band is a slap in the face for fans of the classic Accept sound.

Although Spec is a dear friend, I wholeheartedly disagree with the above. I love the Eat the Heat album, and what I have heard from the new one shreds as well. Udo, as much as he is a hero of mine, is not the identity of Accept. That was all five guys, and four of them are still together. Udo is all-out class and it kicks ass he is still holding the torch. But, I can still totally hear the 80's Accept sound in Wolf/Stephen/Peter/and Herman.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Although Spec is a dear friend, I wholeheartedly disagree with the above. I love the Eat the Heat album, and what I have heard from the new one shreds as well. Udo, as much as he is a hero of mine, is not the identity of Accept. That was all five guys, and four of them are still together. Udo is all-out class and it kicks ass he is still holding the torch. But, I can still totally hear the 80's Accept sound in Wolf/Stephen/Peter/and Herman.

YES! Someone who agrees! Accept is still Accept without Udo, and Tornillo is a killer singer.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks for that. You are right, I am new to this board. As a huge fan of ACCEPT, I want everyone to give the album a chance but have not seen much talk about it anywhere.

This board is refreshing precisely because it is NOT dominated by Death metal...at the expense of all other metal.

I have been registering on a number of boards and yes, for the sake of finding out where I may be welcome, I start with the exact same post.

However, many boards are very "un-welcoming" toward anything that is not Death Metal, or at least those who are into it try to discourage anyone with other interests from being a part of things.

Now, having said that, I have no formal relationship with ACCEPT. I have met them and like them very much. I am also in a position to share this login info so that they can stop in and say hi!!! for themselves.

So again, thank you very much for the welcome. I will tell Peter Baltes that "Heart of Metal" is friendly territory.

DB

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Having Peter Baltes here would be way cool.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

As for the replacement of Udo, this was difficult for me too. It got solved very easily...

I met Mark Tornillo, Mark loves Udo and is a great guy.

It was Udo's choice to not come back to ACCEPT.

There are now two bands instead of one.

Another guy I call friend is David Reece. I loved "Eat the Heat" too, but I prefer David doing his own thing be it with Bangolore Choir or Reece.

Overall, a lot of great music, and they're all back doing what they do best.

Happy moments in metal are too few and faw between to take for granted!!!!

Enjoy it all.

P.S. I did review the posting on this site before registering. I saw lots of melodic bands. Otherwise, I would have skipped to another.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm

don't be surprized if Peter stops by to say Hi!!! I just gave him a link.

they're super busy right now, but I can promise you one thing... it will be Peter. You may wanna give him something to read or questions to answer, it's your call. ACCEPT are great guys and they deserve to be huge in my opinion.

Thanks again

Dave Bain
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm

I agree with Spec, I did not care for 'Eat the Heat' but I will give the new version of Accept a chance since I have liked most of the music they have created. Welcome to the board and you can post on other subjects here, do not restrict yourself to pimping for Accept.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:38 pm

I really should have said "boards" not forums, since I see how you could read it as though I was characterizing THIS particular board.

Peace
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:39 pm

for now it is just ACCEPT, maybe later I will introduce you to my own band!!!
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

By the way, where are some of you geographically?
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I would love to year you stuff Dave
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

ACCEPT wrote:
By the way, where are some of you geographically?

You will find that info here and please use this link/thread to us about yourself

http://www.heartofmetal.net/of-unsound-mind-f2/roll-call-t63.htm
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:44 pm

I got an e-mail recently saying that Blood of the Nations is on its way to me. Can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

I have this pre-ordered. I'm looking forward to hearing this.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey Guys, Dave was right and here I am. we are very busy at the moment with the Accept marathon, album Release and Tour Prep....but I have to say I like what I read here. Seems to me all you guys are true Metal Heads. I will check in once in a while and if any of you guys has questions post them here or even better at the Accept Forum where we have a section: ask the Band.
Anyway, gotta go back to the Live Chat...See you guys soon on Tour.
Peter Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm one of those rare folks who doesn't like Udo in Accept. He sounds like Popeye to me. I love Eat The Heat and I've heard samples of the new one and the new singer, while similar to Udo, isn't quite as grating on my ears. In fact, I like the new singer a lot and will be picking up the new album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:17 pm

This new one sounds fantastic. Even if Udo is no longer involved this is still an Accept album to me and I'm looking totally forward to it.I think it will be killer!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Wish I could catch the Baltimore show with King's X, but it;s my son's birthday
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Wish I could catch the Baltimore show with King's X, but it;s my son's birthday

Take him along! He'll enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Udo sucks nowadays. Sounds like a crackhead.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Peter!!! Nice seeing you post over here!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 pm

i love death metal, but that doesn't mean i don't like Accept too. it's all rock music to me, and people that close their minds to different interpretations of it are only cheating themselves.

i think the new singer sounds great in what i've heard, & it sounds every bit like classic Accept to me. looking forward to it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!   Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new ACCEPT after 14 years!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next