Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits

Go down 
+2
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Saw this on the Blabber, thought it might interest some folks here...

Vocalist Joe Altier has left Syracuse, New York's BRAND NEW SIN to "pursue other interests." The remaining members of the group are still intact and will continue to write and perform.

I have their 1st cd, which I like ok, but I never followed up with their other releases. Also saw them open up for Motorhead a few years ago. There were some big 'ol boys in that band. Good hard rock in the vein of Black Label Society if that's your thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Excellent band. I need their latest one, though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Very Good band indeed
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 pm

I hope this doesn't mess things up for them. "Recipe For Disaster" has been one of my go to CD's since it came out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Love this band. Losing their vocalist is a BIG hit though. That sucks!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Good band. Sucks that the singer left.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:03 am

Their first two albums were awesome, especially the second one. The third album was a huge let down to me. But I just can't see this band doing that well without their singer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:16 pm

The remaining members of Syracuse, New York's BRAND NEW SIN have launched a singer search following the recent departure of Joe Altier. If you are interested, contact the band at iwanttobeyoursinger@brandnewsin.org with your name and e-mail address only.

In a recent interview with the Syracuse Post Standard, Altier stated about his departure from the group, "All things come to an end at some point," Altier said. "I guess the best thing is to not get into the politics of the band. We always kept inside things about the band within the band. It was an amicable parting of the ways."

Altier said he began thinking about his life and involvement with BRAND NEW SIN in a different light when his father died in October.

"Something like that, you flip 180," Altier said. "When the dust settles, you see every aspect of your life differently. ... At that point, I realized how quickly life goes by. ... I'm 33. I think it's time to take hold of my life."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:57 pm

http://www.myspace.com/brandnewsin

Demo posted with their new lead singer, Joe Sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:36 pm

That's a shame. They had at least another year before they faded into obscurity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/brandnewsin

Demo posted with their new lead singer, Joe Sweet.
Joe Sweet doesn't sound so sweet. Hmmm...need to hear a real track, not a demo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits   Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Sin Vocalist Quits
Page 1 of 1