Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand New Sin - Distilled

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Brand New Sin - Distilled Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

Jesus! Another band I really dig has a new album out—and I had no idea. WTF?

Sounds great! Just ordered the disc.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 am

Wow! Did not know they had a new disc either. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 am

Did they get a new singer? Last I heard their singer left.
I hope this one is better than the last one, that one was a stinker. I'll wait for reviews first.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:39 am

Rex wrote:
Did they get a new singer? Last I heard their singer left.
I hope this one is better than the last one, that one was a stinker. I'll wait for reviews first.

Yes, watch the video. They are a power-trio now. Their guitarist took over vocals. He was the one writing the lyrics to the songs to begin with. You also get a preview of some of the new songs.

Check out the acoustic song with the female backing vocals. Talk about a serious Southern Rock vibe.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

Once I get a chance I will. At work now and someone else is playing music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 am

I haven't heard anything from these guys since their debut. Saw them open for Motorhead too. Wow, quite a difference since then. They were a 5 piece back in those days. Big boys too.

Don't know if I have much interest in them anymore though. I watched the video clip and it was decent enough, but nothing that exciting. And a "Southern Rock vibe" doesn't sell me.

Good for them if they keep the dream alive.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

I love their sound. Broken Soul is one of my favorites Brand New Sin - Distilled 11840
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 am

I downloaded the new disc this morning and made me a Brand New Sin CDR for work today. From what I've heard of this new one, it's a lot smoother-sounding. The guitarist's voice isn't as gruff as the old singer's, so it creates a different kind of vibe. But the songs sound really good, from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am

Did they ever release an album with the 2nd singer? The first singer was a big fat bald guy, Joe Something I believe. Then he split and they got a new guy. I seem to recall they put a song up on myspace, then I guess he flew the coop and now the guitarist is singing. So did the 2nd guy record an album?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Did they ever release an album with the 2nd singer? The first singer was a big fat bald guy, Joe Something I believe. Then he split and they got a new guy. I seem to recall they put a song up on myspace, then I guess he flew the coop and now the guitarist is singing. So did the 2nd guy record an album?

They released 3 albums with the big bald guy. And this is the latest.

I can't say I'm sold on the vocals after listening to the video above. He's not bad, but doesn't have that something special either IMO. But the music itself sounded really good. So I miiiiiiight pick it up later.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:41 am

Rex wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

They released 3 albums with the big bald guy. And this is the latest.

I can't say I'm sold on the vocals after listening to the video above. He's not bad, but doesn't have that something special either IMO. But the music itself sounded really good. So I miiiiiiight pick it up later.
And here's what that dude is up to...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/elephant-mountain-t12034.htm

Sounds really good, too.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 am

Ok, so I did unhonorable thing and downloaded the new album to hear it before I bought it....blind buys are pretty much a "no no" for me these days......and I'm halfway through now.....so far the singer just isn't doing it for me at all. It sounds exactly like what it is, the guitar player taking over whenever he needs to focus on the guitar instead. I guess this band has fallen off my radar now since this album and the last one wasn't hitting on much for me. Which is a shame cuz I LOVED the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 am

http://elephantmountain.ning.com/

The samples from Elephant Mountain however sound promising!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 am

Rex wrote:
Ok, so I did unhonorable thing and downloaded the new album to hear it before I bought it....blind buys are pretty much a "no no" for me these days......and I'm halfway through now.....so far the singer just isn't doing it for me at all. It sounds exactly like what it is, the guitar player taking over whenever he needs to focus on the guitar instead. I guess this band has fallen off my radar now since this album and the last one wasn't hitting on much for me. Which is a shame cuz I LOVED the first two albums.
But it does work a lot on this one. My big complaint is that guitarist doesn't sign as heavy as he should. I mean, sometimes he nails it, like on "Two Middle Fingers," but other times it comes a little too weak.

Another thing that irks me is that he may be the one to have always written the lyrics, but I imagine the old singer tweaked them a bit to make them fit into the rhythm of the song. The guitarist has got too many words/syllables in too many parts of the songs, which makes it sound a bit awkward at times.

It's a good album, but I think it may have been wise for them to keep writing and leave a few of these tunes for b-sides or whatever.

And what's wrong with Tequila? Man, I really dig that album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 am

Tequila lacked that "swing" or groove or hook that made the first two albums awesome. It also all sound a little to samey where the first two albums had some nice variety (at least moreso than Tequila had).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Sin - Distilled   Brand New Sin - Distilled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Sin - Distilled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: