Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Last seen movies - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Watching the classic Steven Seagal flick "Out For Justice"

"Anybody seen Ritchie?!?"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:51 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Jokerman I am not sure if the word classic and Steben Seagal should be used in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:52 pm

jstate wrote:
Miracle Mile

A straight to video 80's movie with Anthony Edwards about an impending nuclear accident and a guy falling in love. People have raved about what an unheralded movie this is. Certainly wasn't for me. In fact it gave me a bad headache. Which may have been from the eighties fashion horror going on. At one point it looked like the movie was going to take an awesome turn - but it didn't. And my headache got worse.

Actually, I thought that it was pretty cool. They played this on TV a while ago here. You can tell that it is a German Production and it has an excellent Tangerine Dream soundtrack.... If you like Electronic Music, that is.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Jokerman I am not sure if the word classic and Steben Seagal should be used in the same sentence.

LOL!!! His early movies were great!!!!! Classic low budget revenge flick!

Pulp Fiction came on afterwards. Interesting how they changed some of the "dialogue"
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:06 am

Seagal's first four movies are all at least pretty good, especially Above the Law and Under Siege, which are two of the best action movies ever. After that...things start getting weird although he still made some entertaining stuff. If nothing else, his eccentricity means he's never boring to watch Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 am

I haven't seen a Seagal movie since "The Patriot," which was a godawful direct-to-video piece of crap he made in the late 90s/early 00s.

I did dig his first couple of movies though, especially "Under Siege," which was a great "Die Hard" ripoff. Tommy Lee Jones is hilariously awesome as the bad guy in that movie. Plus you got Gary Busey in drag and onetime Playmate Erika Eleniak when she was still hot. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 am

Steven Seagal makes Charles Bronson seem Shakespearean by comparison.

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am

One Seagal anecdote I read recently is that on Out for Justice he got on William Forsythe's bad side by lecturing Forsythe on how to improve his Brooklyn accent. Forsythe is from Brooklyn. Seagal also accidentally clipped Forsythe a few times during the filming of the climax, which didn't help.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 am

INCEPTION (Dicaprio at his best for the 2nd time. perfect awsome superb. rocmended)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:39 am

Unthinkable

All I can say is WOW! IMO, this is a VERY good movie!!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 am

And watched another one:

Repo Men

Really enjoyable! Kinda expected the 'twist', but still a very fun movie to see.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:23 am

Saw The Other Guys. Best Will Ferrell movie since Anchorman.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:45 am

XYZ wrote:
Saw The Other Guys. Best Will Ferrell movie since Anchorman.

You didn't like Talladega Nights or Step Brothers? Those are like my two favorite Ferrell movies. My wife wants to see The Other Guys. She has a thing for Mark Wahlberg.

Watched The Blindside last night. It was very good up until the very end when he is picked by the Baltimore Ravens. I hate the Ravens.

Who Dey!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Started re-watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night but began to drowse about 40 minutes in, so I turned it off. Will pick up where I left off last night.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Ice From The Sun

The lowest of low budget independent horror movies. Some interesting ideas but it's severely restricted by budgetary constraints and atrocious acting.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Watched Inception today. Very good movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 am

Finished "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (2nd time seeing it) last night. I know a lot of fans of the novels hated the movie because it "didn't stick to the book" but anyone who's read those novels should know that they're so random and non-linear that making a truly faithful "adaptation" film would've been impossible.

As it is, I dig it. It still captures the insane feel of the novels even if it doesn't reproduce the story to the letter.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Finished "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (2nd time seeing it) last night. I know a lot of fans of the novels hated the movie because it "didn't stick to the book" but anyone who's read those novels should know that they're so random and non-linear that making a truly faithful "adaptation" film would've been impossible.

As it is, I dig it. It still captures the insane feel of the novels even if it doesn't reproduce the story to the letter.

That's the way I feel about it. I just picked up a used copy over the weekend, looking forward to revisiting it sometime soon.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's the way I feel about it. I just picked up a used copy over the weekend, looking forward to revisiting it sometime soon.

I recently borrowed the "new" Hitchhiker's book ("And Another Thing...") from the library and enjoyed it, even though it's by a new author (Eoin Colfer) he did a nice job keeping the same bizarre feel/vibe. Supposedly Douglas Adams' widow hand-picked this guy to write the book from some notes that Douglas had written up before he passed away.

My old paperbacks of the other "Hitchhiker" books got so dog-eared from repeated reads that I finally had to retire'em a couple of years ago. I've seen a really nice hardcover book that compiles all five of Adams' books in one big volume, I'd like to get my hands on that one of these days.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:30 am

Saw the first Narnia movie again last night.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:38 am

Quote :
I've seen a really nice hardcover book that compiles all five of Adams' books in one big volume, I'd like to get my hands on that one of these days.

That's the one I have.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Balls of Fury. The idea of parodying Enter the Dragon by focusing the plot on ping-pong is kind of funny but this is still pretty dumb.

Speed. Still a good flick although Keanu is even more wooden than I remember him being in this. That's saying something.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:02 pm

All The President's Men.Great movie. I'm slowly making my way through AFI's 100 Greatest.

So far, I've seen:

Citizen Kane
The Godfather
Lawrence of Arabia
(The best I've seen so far)
Schindler's List
The Wizard of Oz
Star Wars
E.T.
The Godfather, Part II
Dr. Strangelove
The Sound of Music
(I was only seven. Even then, I didn't really want to watch it. I listen to Slayer now, so I think it all balances out.)
King Kong
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
M*A*S*H
Duck Soup
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Saving Private Ryan
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
All The President's Men
A Night at the Opera
Twelve Angry Men
The Sixth Sense
Pulp Fiction
Blade Runner
Toy Story
Ben-Hur
Patton

I am going off the '97 and '07 lists.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Rcoky 4 (Drago)
Me, Myself & Irene
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Watched the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween 2. I wasn't impressed with it. Also watched another horror flick called Open House that was even worse than the Halloween movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next