Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Kung Fu Hustle (on Blu Ray)

I love that movie, absolute insanity, perfectly executed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Watching the original Gojira got me started.

My summer project is to rewatch all the Toho Co. movies I have.

Next up is the second in the series "Godzilla Raids Again" where they conveniently explain that, yes the original Godzilla was killed by the Oxygen Destroyer, but there was another one awakened by atomic bombs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 am

Hide and Seek. Was okay until the twist ending that I thought was kind of week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am

For The Bible Told Me So last night. Very interesting documentary on homophobia among fundamentalist Christians, told from a Christian perspective.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
For The Bible Told Me So last night. Very interesting documentary on homophobia among fundamentalist Christians, told from a Christian perspective.

This one has been getting a lot of play on the Sundance Channel lately... I've caught a few minutes here and there and it looks interesting, but I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 pm

It's definitely worth watching. Another great documentary on fundamentalism is Jesus Camp, although it's pretty damn scary... Laughing
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Ninja. This was sort of marketed as the low-budget, less CGI-reliant alternative to Ninja Assassin. It's pretty fun, very good action scenes, but frustrating to watch because the talent involved could have made a much cooler ninja film if they weren't stuck having to make a cross between a ninja movie and Batman Begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Last seen movies - Page 16 70123100

At the very beginning I was afraid it would end up overly predictable, but once the girls start rocking, so does the film. Kristen Stewart is scary good as Joan Jett, she perfectly nailed it, the look, the body language, everything. Fanning is impressive as usual. The music segments are handled beautifully and I forgot I was watching actors playing these roles. Cinematography is especially impressive, lots of surreal sequences. Kick ass movie.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Crank. Ridiculous and stupid, but still an enjoyable film Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

detuned wrote:

At the very beginning I was afraid it would end up overly predictable, but once the girls start rocking, so does the film. Kristen Stewart is scary good as Joan Jett, she perfectly nailed it, the look, the body language, everything. Fanning is impressive as usual. The music segments are handled beautifully and I forgot I was watching actors playing these roles. Cinematography is especially impressive, lots of surreal sequences. Kick ass movie.

I'm going to watch this flick tonight.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I was on the fence about Runaways, but detuned you've swayed my choice to check it out.

Flash Gordon on bluray. One of my favorites as a child. And it still holds up for me today. One of those that most people hate, but I love. Sam Jones must look at Ashton Kutchner and weep.

Never Sleep Again : The Elm Street Legacy
Great four hour documentary on the Nightmare On Elm Street films. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Predators (good very good, got some bad ideas... anyway very well made movie)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Mozart and the Whale ( about two Autistic people falling in love)

I.Q.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Destroy All Monsters

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Destroy All Monsters

Cool movie ! Every monster from Toho up to that point. Gotta love it.

The Spy Who Loved Me

Typical James Bond movie:
fantastic plot ? check
megalomaniacal villain ? check
cool gadgets ? check
cool henchman ? check
beautiful women ? check

LOVED every minute of it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 pm

nevermore wrote:
detuned wrote:

I'm going to watch this flick tonight.

Didin't know it was out already. Might have to rent that one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:24 am

The Road
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Raptor

This is a Roger Corman production starring Eric Roberts and Corbin Bernsen. That should tell you all you need to know.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Mutant Chronicles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Easy Money

w / Rodney Dangerfield, it must be at least 20 years since I last saw that movie and it's still a classic
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Raptor

This is a Roger Corman production starring Eric Roberts and Corbin Bernsen. That should tell you all you need to know.

Laughing very hard Sounds like my kinda meat. Any good?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:49 am

"Mortuary" (2005) - Tobe Hooper of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" fame directed this B-horror flick with Denise Crosby of "Star Trek: Next Generation" fame (time has not been kind to her, by the way) as a single Mom and newly trained mortician who moves to a run down small town to take over operating its creepy old funeral parlor. Unfortunately, some of her new clients won't stay dead and they want to feed her children to some kinda Lovecraftian demi God thing that lives under the house. Goofy stuff. I've seen better but I've seen a hell of a lot worse too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:51 am

Locky wrote:
Easy Money

w / Rodney Dangerfield, it must be at least 20 years since I last saw that movie and it's still a classic

One of my top 5 favorites.

Last night, 'Taking Woodstock'.

Not bad, but could have used some editing to tighten up the story a little bit. Too many unnecessary scenes that did nothing to move the story. A 2 hour movie that could have been 1 1/2 hours easily.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Raptor

Laughing very hard Sounds like my kinda meat. Any good?

It's absolutelyl terrible! I thought a lot of the dinosaur attack scenes looked familiar so I looked it up on ImDb. Get this, Corman spiced together footage from the Carnasaur trilogy and tried to thread them together with a lameass story. The "plot" for this was written with the express purpose of trying to make sense out of unrelated footage being strung together.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 am

You gotta love the fact that Corman is still recycling his own special effects footage even to this day.

He's a great businessman. I read his autobiography several years ago and it was a blast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next