Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:37 pm

The Hangover. I think I blew a couple blood vessels laughing during this movie, wow.

Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Be Kind Rewind
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
John Carpenter's The Thing.

Awesome.

Classic! From a time when FX were created using prosthetics, latex and animatronics. If Hollywood ever remakes this movie they should be confined to the deepest level of hell.

That is one of my all-time favorite movies!! I'm with you toho; Hollywood should NEVER be allowed to remake it, as they'll mess it up with shyte actors and a CG monster and effects.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 pm

sheets wrote:
Inglorious Basterds. I really liked certain scenes of this movie but as a whole I thought it didn't quite hang together.

In a way I agree. Some of the scenes are a bit jarring in the order they're put together. That complaint aside, I thought it was a great movie!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Caught most of "Spider-Man 3" on the FX Channel,,, I think it's the weakest of the Spidey films ...aside from playing too fast & loose with the Spider-Man mythos, it also suffers from Villain Overload, complete and total Venom Mistreatment, and that cringeworthy Emo Peter Parker dance scene. That said, my 7 year old was getting a huge kick out of it so I tried hard to put my inner Comic Book Geek on the back burner and just enjoy it with him.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 pm

The Patriot. It's a pretty silly movie - I mean, Jason Isaacs' character is probably the most over-the-top villain I can remember seeing in a long time - but very entertaining and it fit the holiday.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 am

Watched Indiana Jones 4 for the first time since I saw it in the theater. I understand all the criticism, but it's still entertaining as hell. Awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:40 am

Doomsday

The Crazies

Two 1/2 decent infection style movies.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 pm

The Last Airbender
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Wishmaster

"Make...your...wishezzzzzz..."

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:22 pm

exact33 wrote:

That one never gets old! Unfortunately I'm one of those geeks that can quote at least half the film.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 pm

For those who like gory horror movies with monsters and great special FX, I'd highly recommend Wishmaster. A highly underrated film from the 90s IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That one never gets old! Unfortunately I'm one of those geeks that can quote at least half the film.

And I can quote too much of it for my own good. Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_razz We should never meet.....

It's the funniest of the Python films!

Braveheart (looks amazing on blu-ray!)

Haven't seen it in about six years, and am absolutely loving it all over again!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
For those who like gory horror movies with monsters and great special FX, I'd highly recommend Wishmaster. A highly underrated film from the 90s IMO.

Saw that one a number of years ago. Enjoyed it a fair bit.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Lots of good, old-fashioned, pre-CGI FX in it.

Not to mention cameos by horror icons like Robert Englund, Reggie Bannister, Tony Todd, etc...

I dug this one out of the Toho archives because I hadn't seen it in a while and for my money, it still hold up pretty well.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:45 pm

TRON.........Pretty fascinating from a historical perspective, but in reality an awful movie.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Sutekh wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

And I can quote too much of it for my own good. Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_razz We should never meet.....

Ill need duct tape if you two come over!!! I will admit though that i taught my 3 year old to chant 'Nee' to his mother Smile

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm

The Toolbox Murders. The remake directed by Tobe Hooper. Man, for most of the way through this was actually pretty good, and then when the last 20 minutes kick in it goes completely off the rails. It's like watching a gymnast do a fantastic routine only to snap both of her legs on the dismount.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 pm

sheets wrote:
The Toolbox Murders. The remake directed by Tobe Hooper. Man, for most of the way through this was actually pretty good, and then when the last 20 minutes kick in it goes completely off the rails. It's like watching a gymnast do a fantastic routine only to snap both of her legs on the dismount.

Hmmm...I have the original; I didn't know there was a remake.

Worth renting?

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

From what I recall, it has almost nothing to do with the original except that there's a toolbox and there are murders committed with tools. It was fun to watch except after it was over my wife and I were asking each other what we'd just seen because it makes absolutely no sense. I'd say it's worth renting if you have low expectations but that's just me Smile
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Unfortunately, I have seen the first 3 of the Wishmaster series, as I got this collection thing a few years ago... First one was good but could have been very very very good...the other two......................well...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Unfortunately, I have seen the first 3 of the Wishmaster series, as I got this collection thing a few years ago... First one was good but could have been very very very good...the other two......................well...

I have the first two. The first one is one of my faves of that era but I admit some of the acting (like the female lead) is kinda dodgy. I don't remember a thing about the second one which isn't a good sign.

I plan to watch Wishmaster II after I finish the first one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 pm

sheets wrote:
From what I recall, it has almost nothing to do with the original except that there's a toolbox and there are murders committed with tools. It was fun to watch except after it was over my wife and I were asking each other what we'd just seen because it makes absolutely no sense. I'd say it's worth renting if you have low expectations but that's just me Smile

I'll give it a look. It can't be any worse than Rest Stop which I just watched for the 3rd time and it still makes no sense whatsoever.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:22 pm

BTW, the cameos alone in Wishmaster make it worth the price of admission in my book.

The read prologue: Angus Scrimm (aka The Tall Man)
The auction house bodyguard: Kane Hodder (the original "Jason")
Beaumont: Robert Englund (Freddy)
Beaumont's bouncer - Tony Todd (Candyman)
Drugstore owner - Reggie Bannister ("Reggie" in Phantasm)

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next