Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Last seen movies - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 pm

LOTR - Fellowship
- Two Towers

Jurassic Park

The girls and I have fired up the Summer movie wheel.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 pm

I still love Jurassic Park.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am

Last seen movies - Page 8 05493_DimensionLargeKeyArt_660x387_Venom
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Mad Max
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 am

"Fritz the Cat" (1972)
Ralph Bakshi's animated version of the Robert Crumb underground comic book. This flick was quite notorious in its day and was the first animated film to receive an "X" rating. I was disappointed; I was expecting something a lot sleazier based on its rep. Basically Fritz, a hippie cat, goes on a cross-country trek from New York to San Francisco, where he gets caught up in a race riot, gets mixed up with a Nazi biker gang, and oh yeah, smokes a lot of dope and has a lot of sex. Occasionally funny and the animation's nice (in a twisted, early 70s, gritty kind of way) but I get the feeling that this was the kind of movie that was made for stoned people, by stoned people, and since I don't do that stuff anymore I wasn't in the right, ahem, "frame of mind" for it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Fritz the Cat" (1972)
Ralph Bakshi's animated version of the Robert Crumb underground comic book. This flick was quite notorious in its day and was the first animated film to receive an "X" rating. I was disappointed; I was expecting something a lot sleazier based on its rep. Basically Fritz, a hippie cat, goes on a cross-country trek from New York to San Francisco, where he gets caught up in a race riot, gets mixed up with a Nazi biker gang, and oh yeah, smokes a lot of dope and has a lot of sex. Occasionally funny and the animation's nice (in a twisted, early 70s, gritty kind of way) but I get the feeling that this was the kind of movie that was made for stoned people, by stoned people, and since I don't do that stuff anymore I wasn't in the right, ahem, "frame of mind" for it.

I've only ever seen bits and pieces of that but what I've seen didn't interest me enough to ever see the whole thing. I do remember the ruckus it caused when it came out though.

Nowadays, I bet it would seem tame especially when compared to something like Rob Zombie's "Superbeasto" movie.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

I have to agree with both toho and FF, I watched the movie but never finished it, I am sure if I was stoner who protested the Vietnam war I would think it was great, but I feel the movie is lost in translation.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

speaking of odd movies with a cat of an F name, has anyone seen the Felix the Cat full length film which is far more bizarre and trippy than the black and white show? I've been looking for the thing for a while now so I can see it again but there don't seem to be any editions of it out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:55 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
speaking of odd movies with a cat of an F name, has anyone seen the Felix the Cat full length film which is far more bizarre and trippy than the black and white show? I've been looking for the thing for a while now so I can see it again but there don't seem to be any editions of it out.

It's available but it's pricey.

http://www.amazon.com/FELIX-CAT-Movie-Format-2003/dp/B00078NJYY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1277297680&sr=1-6

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Fritz the Cat" (1972)

I've only ever seen bits and pieces of that but what I've seen didn't interest me enough to ever see the whole thing. I do remember the ruckus it caused when it came out though.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that in 1972 this movie must've freaked a lot of people out. But its effect has definitely been dulled by the passage of time. (I will admit though, it was hella funny watching Fritz having a bathtub orgy with three hippie chicks...)

I've read that Robert Crumb (creator of Fritz) banged heads with Bakshi behind the scenes and eventually removed himself from the production of the movie entirely. It does have a rough, "unfinished" feel at times so I wonder if all the backstage drama affected what turned up on screen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Fritz the Cat" (1972)

I remember watching that one back in my single days. While it was extremely dated, I'll say that I was in the "right frame of mind" during it's viewing and found it to be quite amusing. Don't know how it would hold up in 2010.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I remember watching that one back in my single days. While it was extremely dated, I'll say that I was in the "right frame of mind" during it's viewing and found it to be quite amusing. Don't know how it would hold up in 2010.

There were quite a few bits in between scenes that were just trippy imagery or collages of images (city scapes, crosses, desert skies, etc.) that I would imagine were inserted for the people who were trippin' in the theatre (not to mention, to pad out the already short run time). I could imagine a whole room full of stoners going "Faaaaaar ouuuuuut, maaaaaaaan" during those segments. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Check this out: Robert Crumb was apparently SO pissed off by the film version of "Fritz" that he killed the character off in a comic strip (stabbed in the back of the head with an ice pick by an ostrich, no less) over 30 years ago and hasn't drawn him since.

Last seen movies - Page 8 Potter

Laughing very hard DAMN. Why don'cha tell us how you really feel about Hollywood, Crumb!!

By the way, I plan to give Ralph Bakshi another shot tonight - with his animated sci-fi film "Wizards" from the late 70s. Anybody ever seen that one? I'm told it's way better than "Fritz."

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:35 pm

If you haven't already seen it, Freddy, also check out Fire & Ice, another Bakshi animated movie. It's been years since I've seen it, but it was pretty bad-ass as I recall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:58 pm

his stuff is VERY hit or miss.

I like "American Pop" (aside from the mass usage of rotoscoping, it's a neat story)

"Street Fight" is another good one from the early 80's but don't know if it's ever been released on anything other than VHS.

avoid The Lord Of The Rings like the plague.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:00 pm

I agree that Bakshi (what little I've seen of it) can be very hit or miss. I haven't seen "American Pop" in years but I do remember liking that one. Then of course he did "Cool World" with Brad Pitt & Kim Basinger which was godawful.

I saw his "Lord of the Rings" when I was a kid and thought it was pretty cool back then; of course, I was like 8 years old. I doubt it would do anything for me now considering my near-total lack of interest in anything LOTR related.

I am not 100 percent sure but I think I saw "Fire and Ice" many moons ago.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Quote :
I am not 100 percent sure but I think I saw "Fire and Ice" many moons ago.

It followed on the coattails of stuff like Conan and Beastmaster, which were all the rage at the time.

I'm pretty sure I still have my vhs copy stashed away somewhere. Too bad I haven't had a working vcr in some time. Wanna trade something for it? Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_biggrin Handful of magic beans or something?

According to Dr. Wik E. Pedia, it was released on dvd in 2005 and director Robert Rodriguez is making a live action version.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, I plan to give Ralph Bakshi another shot tonight - with his animated sci-fi film "Wizards" from the late 70s. Anybody ever seen that one? I'm told it's way better than "Fritz."

Wizards is okay. Like a lot of Bakshi's stuff, it's more interesting than good. Good character designs by Mike Ploog.

I have Fire and Ice on dvd. It's stupid but still good entertainment. The most noteworthy thing about it that it was a collaboration between Bakshi and Frazetta. Seems like a live action version would be losing something by not being designed by Frazetta.

Lord of the Rings sucks, Tolkien fan or not. That one is just a trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I still have my vhs copy stashed away somewhere. Too bad I haven't had a working vcr in some time. Wanna trade something for it? Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_biggrin Handful of magic beans or something?

I no longer have a working VCR either. As a matter of fact, our last heap of VHS tapes went out the door just a couple of weeks ago when we had our yard sale.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Finished The Resurrected.

Much better than I expected and according to the IMdb user reviews it's one of the more faithful Lovecraft adaptations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105242/usercomments

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:29 pm

bounty hunter
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Finished The Resurrected.

Much better than I expected and according to the IMdb user reviews it's one of the more faithful Lovecraft adaptations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105242/usercomments

Thanks for the reminder, I had been trying to remember the name of that film and couldn't.

Yes, for once, a fairly faithful Lovecraft adaptation (though it does mix in elements from different stories). If I remember correctly it's part "The Statement Of Randolph Carter" along with "Beyond The Wall Of Sleep" as a sub-plot. But it's been too many years since I've seen it to remember for sure.

I'll seek this out and re-watch. I had forgotten the late Dan O'Bannon directed this one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 am

Ralph Bakshi's "Wizards" (1977)
Sci-fi/fantasy tale about two wizards - one good, one evil -- and their final battle to rule a post-Apocalyptic Earth populated by Mutants, elves and fairies. In other words, weird stuff. But then that's Bakshi all over. Haha. Nicely animated and a step up from the previous Bakshi film I watched ("Fritz the Cat") but story-wise it was weak and not terribly interesting.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:46 am

From Paris With Love - Pretty darn good shoot 'em up flick with a BA Travolta.

Green Zone - Not great, but okay Iraq war drama
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
From Paris With Love - Pretty darn good shoot 'em up flick with a BA Travolta.

[color=red]Ga

I saw that last week - I liked it alot too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next