Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Last seen movies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:31 am

Quote :
Watched "Did you hear about the Morgans?" a couple of days ago. Last seen movies - Page 6 124296

Any relation? Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Watched "Did you hear about the Morgans?" a couple of days ago. Last seen movies - Page 6 124296

Any relation? Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_razz

Last seen movies - Page 6 Lol

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Return Of The Living Dead

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Just saw The Wolfman. Not too bad.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Last evening watched "Unthinkable". Interesting flic...done really good.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Timecop
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Last seen movies - Page 6 Them-poster

Them!

The first movie that we watched on the Wii thru Netflix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm

THEM is a classic. Love that movie, watched it countless times over the years.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT IN CHARGE OF THE BOOZE! MAKE ME A SERGEANT IN CHARGE OF THE BOOZE!"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 am

detuned wrote:

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT IN CHARGE OF THE BOOZE! MAKE ME A SERGEANT IN CHARGE OF THE BOOZE!"

I had that as my sig a couple weeks ago when I had the Them movie poster as an avatar. Great film! The FX still hold up pretty well all these decades later.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:29 am

Started watching "Superman Returns" last night but I started it too damn late at night and that movie is too damn long (didn't realize it was two and a half hours long before I pressed "play"), so I shut it off about halfway thru. Will pick up where I left off tonite.

So far I'm diggin' it. Kevin Spacey seems to be having fun as Lex Luthor.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Started watching "Superman Returns" last night but I started it too damn late at night and that movie is too damn long (didn't realize it was two and a half hours long before I pressed "play"), so I shut it off about halfway thru. Will pick up where I left off tonite.

So far I'm diggin' it. Kevin Spacey seems to be having fun as Lex Luthor.

I liked it! Fits well as a sequel to Superman II. Kevin Spacey was perfect as Lex!!!!!! That guy playing Sup did a good job too. The weak link ws the girl playing Lois.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I liked it! Fits well as a sequel to Superman II. Kevin Spacey was perfect as Lex!!!!!! That guy playing Sup did a good job too. The weak link ws the girl playing Lois.

Yea, from what I've seen of it, so far, so good. The guy playing Superman definitely studied Christopher Reeve's take on the role, he has the voice down and everything.

I will admit that my Inner 8 Year Old's pulse started racing as soon as the Superman Theme kicked up over the opening credits. I'm such a friggin' fanboy. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yea, from what I've seen of it, so far, so good. The guy playing Superman definitely studied Christopher Reeve's take on the role, he has the voice down and everything.

I will admit that my Inner 8 Year Old's pulse started racing as soon as the Superman Theme kicked up over the opening credits. I'm such a friggin' fanboy. Laughing very hard

HA! Mine too - lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Same here I was very happy to see a new Superman made and I loved the movie, if they do make another one, which I hope they do, I hope they dump the woman playing Lois Lane and her 'kid'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Yea, the chick playing Lois looks like she needs to eat a sandwich. Seriously.

Speaking of Lois Lane, here's some trivia for you: the actress who played the rich old lady @ the beginning of the movie (the one Lex married for her $$) was Noelle Neil, who played Lois Lane in both the late '40s "Superman" movie serials and again in the 50s "Adventures of Superman" TV series with George Reeves.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Speaking of Lois Lane, here's some trivia for you: the actress who played the rich old lady @ the beginning of the movie (the one Lex married for her $$) was Noelle Neil, who played Lois Lane in both the late '40s "Superman" movie serials and again in the 50s "Adventures of Superman" TV series with George Reeves.

There is also a scene with Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen sitting in a bar. The bartender (I don't know his name off hand) is the guy who played the original Jimmy Olsen in the same TV series from the 50's.

I enjoyed the movie very much. So much that I actually dragged the wife with me to see it in the theaters back as a new release and she hates most comic book movies. Watched it 2 or 3 times on cable since then and I thought it held up pretty well with repeated viewings.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Clash Of The Titans: visually superior to the origional but in all other aspects the origional kicks it's ass. There was however, a clever cameo from the origional
Spoiler:

Alice In Woderland: Great movie IMO and one of Burton's best. My favorite character was the tweaked out rabbit followed by the Chestshire Cat. Also the actess that played Alice was freakin' cute as hell.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

I had that as my sig a couple weeks ago when I had the Them movie poster as an avatar. Great film! The FX still hold up pretty well all these decades later.

I beleive seeing it as your avatar is what motivated me to want to watch it again after many years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

She was one of the worst casting decisions I've ever seen in the history of films. Don't try to pass off some chick who looks like she's 19 as a gutsy journalist. She doesn't look like she ever got her nails dirty.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:04 am

Just got back from the theater (my son's school did a movie night for the whole school):

Shrek Forever After

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

She was one of the worst casting decisions I've ever seen in the history of films. Don't try to pass off some chick who looks like she's 19 as a gutsy journalist. She doesn't look like she ever got her nails dirty.

That was problem with the casting, Lois Lane in both comic books, tv shows, films, and cartoons has always been portrayed as a kick ass fearless woman, this woman did not look like that and while she was cute she did not have that, where in Superman movies, even the Smallville show you can see why Clark/Superman is attracted to her.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am

Finished watching "Superman Returns" last night. I gotta say I liked the first half of the movie better than the second half, which got a little too dark and gritty for me. I know it's all the rage now to make superhero movies all dark and realistic, but Superman is supposed to be an all-American, apple pie, red white and blue Boy Scout. The whole segment where Luthor's goons are beatin' the crap outta Superman, then Lex stabbed him and threw him off a cliff didn't really jive with what I think a Superman movie should look like. It kinda took me out of the movie, if that makes any sense. Ditto for the end where Superman is in the hospital with tubes down his throat. I'm like "Come on, I know this is more realistic, but Superman is TOUGHER than this!"

I could've done without Lois Lane's kid and I think Brandon Routh did better in his scenes as Clark Kent than as Superman but overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd heard.

Interestingly, though this movie was regarded as a "bomb" I read on Wikipedia that it cost around $200 mil to make and market "Superman Returns," and it earned somewhere around $400 mil worldwide (and a whole bunch more in video sales). Only in Hollywood could you double your $$ and still be considered a failure!!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Quote :
Only in Hollywood could you double your $$ and still be considered a failure!!!

Or in the music biz, when your "failed" follow-up album only goes single platinium, when your debut sold 5 million.

I hope the next (?) Superman movie moves away from Lex Luthor and green kryptonite. Those 2 themes have been done to death. I loved that the first Batman re-boot went for a lesser known criminal (The Scarecrow) instead of going down the easy path to the Joker right away.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 pm

The Woods (2006) - Interesting horror flick from Lucky McKee (May), kind of an homage to both Suspiria and Evil Dead, even has Bruce Campbell in a small role.

The Box - Most people hated this, most people are too stupid to think, thus most people were beyond perplexed. I loved it, I have the short story it's based on. Sure, it's not a complete success, Richard Kelly is a tad nuts...but there's more that works than doesn't. At least it made me think a little.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Robocop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next