Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?

Go down 
+36
GrandNational
Approval Guy
Schbopo
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
James B.
ultmetal
Storm_Rider89
Leatherface
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
ZetaReticuli
brontotex
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Hamer12
Addy
Ben Grimm
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:42 am

Terry Jones from Pagan Altar would be a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm

No one just end it already.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:

Or Terry Jones from Monty Python! Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Lol

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't think Sean Harris from Diamond Head is up to anything these days...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Lemmy from motorhead.

Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:06 am

exact33 wrote:
Lemmy from motorhead.

That would be beyond hilarious. I would pay to see such a show.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 am

I wonder what Bruce Dickinson would sound like in Sabbath? I think he would fit perfect with the Tony Martin stuff. His mid-range vocals would be a good fit with the occasional scream thrown in.

I'd like to hear Bruce sing (Devil and Daughter and Glory Ride).
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 am

kmorg wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Or Terry Jones from Monty Python! Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Lol

Ha, now that would be... errr... interesting. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Ray Gillen or David Wayne [which would mean that they would be alive again, if for no other reason. Plus, they are two of my top ten fav vox].
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Dawid Wayne would be amazing in Sabbath methinks. Good bet Uncle good bet!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wonder what Bruce Dickinson would sound like in Sabbath? I think he would fit perfect with the Tony Martin stuff. His mid-range vocals would be a good fit with the occasional scream thrown in.

Have you heard him lately? No way he could do those two songs justice.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Geoff Tate
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
King Diamond

That would be pretty awesome! Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 438278
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm

After much consideration...if they WERE to continue...I think the right guy for the job is...

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Grand-Magus-Bloodstock-News
Janne "JB" Christoffersson (Grand Magus/Spiritual Beggars)
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

manny wrote:
My vote would go to Glenn Hughes, the last two Iommi 'solo' albums should what a strong musical team these two guys make, plus Hughes could sing all eras of Sabbath.

Exactly what I wanted to say. Glenn would be great. And they should call the band Seventh Star or something, anything but Sabbath, like H&H.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I think Eric Wagner (ex-Trouble) would be the best choice. I'd like to see Messiah Marcolin too.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:33 pm

With Glenn Hughes doing this tribute concert it seems to me like a door has been opened for him to rejoin Black Sabbath or whatever this will be called. He has been a prior member and has probably done material from all of the Sabbath eras except the Martin era, unless he has done that with Iommi on any side project touring he has done. I do like the Iommi solo albums he has done I would not be disapointed. I just wonder what was settled between Ozzy and Tony as far as the Black Sabbath trademark is....can he even do a Sabbath album without Ozzy or his approval?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I'll bet Ozzy Sharon got what she wanted when it comes to the name. It's probably at least 50/50 now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
With Glenn Hughes doing this tribute concert it seems to me like a door has been opened for him to rejoin Black Sabbath or whatever this will be called. He has been a prior member and has probably done material from all of the Sabbath eras except the Martin era, unless he has done that with Iommi on any side project touring he has done. I do like the Iommi solo albums he has done I would not be disapointed. I just wonder what was settled between Ozzy and Tony as far as the Black Sabbath trademark is....can he even do a Sabbath album without Ozzy or his approval?

I doubt they would call it Black Sabbath, at least not with Hughes involved (Hughes never liked the fact Seventh Star was labeled as a Sabbath album by the record label).

Basically, here's the way I see it.

1. With Dio gone..and since they had stopped calling it Sabbath anyway...let it rest...unless Ozzy decides to do something.

2. Either get Hughes or someone else (my vote in previous post), keep Geezer in the band...maybe get a better drummer...come up with a new name. I liked the suggestion of "SEVENTH STAR".

3. STRETCH OUT A LITTLE. Get a drummer who inspires Geezer & Tony's improvisational side...bring back some of the "jam" into the proceedings. Dio wasn't a fan of improv (one of the reasons he didn't get along with Bill Ward), he liked structure. Someone like Hughes and a drummer other than Vinnie, could unleash some cool stuff from ole Tony and Geez.

I'll shut up now. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:54 pm

detuned wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

I doubt they would call it Black Sabbath, at least not with Hughes involved (Hughes never liked the fact Seventh Star was labeled as a Sabbath album by the record label).

Basically, here's the way I see it.

1. With Dio gone..and since they had stopped calling it Sabbath anyway...let it rest...unless Ozzy decides to do something.

2. Either get Hughes or someone else (my vote in previous post), keep Geezer in the band...maybe get a better drummer...come up with a new name. I liked the suggestion of "SEVENTH STAR".

3. STRETCH OUT A LITTLE. Get a drummer who inspires Geezer & Tony's improvisational side...bring back some of the "jam" into the proceedings. Dio wasn't a fan of improv (one of the reasons he didn't get along with Bill Ward), he liked structure. Someone like Hughes and a drummer other than Vinnie, could unleash some cool stuff from ole Tony and Geez.

I'll shut up now. Laughing very hard

makes sene to me......... Vinnie always seemed to "follow" than drive the band.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:19 pm

They need a headstrong drummer like Cozy(RIP).

Last edited by chewie on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:36 pm

I don't get how people could stand Glen Hughes' voice. It's like nails on a chalk board.

They need someone with a bit of balls and aggression behind the voice.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I don't get how people could stand Glen Hughes' voice. It's like nails on a chalk board.

They need someone with a bit of balls and aggression behind the voice.

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 739781 Psst, I think he's dull. Don't tell anyone.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Have you heard him lately? No way he could do those two songs justice.

And Belladonna sounded like crap until he rejoined ANTHRAX. He just needs a new gig...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Geoff Tate

Have you heard him lately? Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 84826

I just wanted to beat ToB to the punch. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next