Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?

Go down 
+36
GrandNational
Approval Guy
Schbopo
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
James B.
ultmetal
Storm_Rider89
Leatherface
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
ZetaReticuli
brontotex
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Hamer12
Addy
Ben Grimm
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I would love to hear Hughes and Iommi pair up on a regular basis - just don't call it Sabbath and don't play those tunes cause' Glenn's voice is really not suited to them at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
I don't get how people could stand Glen Hughes' voice. It's like nails on a chalk board.

They need someone with a bit of balls and aggression behind the voice.

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 739781 Psst, I think he's dull. Don't tell anyone.

What are you guys talking about? He's "The Voice of Rock"! Laughing very hard

Seriously, I don't know how he got that nickname but I like his voice, even if it's suited best for R&B. I have zero interest in his soul/funk stuf.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Was listening to some Razorback today, and was reminded again how similar Stefan Berggren's voice is to Dio's.

That's the only song on YouTube, that I can find, but there are other tracks where you'd swear Dio was singing. Very kick-ass band, too.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

I hear Rosanne is available....

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Was listening to some Razorback today, and was reminded again how similar Stefan Berggren's voice is to Dio's.

That's the only song on YouTube, that I can find, but there are other tracks where you'd swear Dio was singing. Very kick-ass band, too.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Shocked
Pardon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:03 pm

I would hope the point would be to find someone that DOESN'T sound like either Dio or Ozzy....

no Ripper Owens fiascos here thank you very much...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm

detuned wrote:
I would hope the point would be to find someone that DOESN'T sound like either Dio or Ozzy....

no Ripper Owens fiascos here thank you very much...

Ripper sounds nothing like Dio or Ozzy.

Laughing

Actually, being serious now, I don't think the public will accept anything else. And these guys are old; it has to be worth their wile. I foresee a reunion with Ozzy, a soundalike singer, or full retirement of the name Black Sabbath/Heaven And Hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I think that last option is the most likely. And really, other than a couple live releases and compilations, the name Black Sabbath has been retired since 1995.

Though I would still love to see a Born Again reunion tour (no Bev Bevan, please).
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am

Easy: Ozzy.

To me, Sabbath = Ozzy, Tony, Terrance, and Bill.

Yeah, I liked the Dio era, but the Ozzy discs are so classic.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:14 am

Ozzy and Sabbath should do one more album and then hang it up.

Iommi and Geezer can go solo, they still have a lot to offer...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Anyone heard the Jorn tribute yet? Gotta admit, it's pretty awesome. It wouldn't surprise me, after Jorn and Glenn perform with Heaven and Hell at the benefit, that Jorn's picked as the new singer.

His voice is similar to Dio's, but still very different, you know. I imagine he'd be a great fit. Wonder if he can do the Ozzy-era songs? Let's be honest, Dio didn't sound good on those tunes.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone heard the Jorn tribute yet? Gotta admit, it's pretty awesome. It wouldn't surprise me, after Jorn and Glenn perform with Heaven and Hell at the benefit, that Jorn's picked as the new singer.

His voice is similar to Dio's, but still very different, you know. I imagine he'd be a great fit. Wonder if he can do the Ozzy-era songs? Let's be honest, Dio didn't sound good on those tunes.

the question would be - will Jorn stay in the band long enough if picked??

I would imagine that if Jorn were picked the band would continue under the Heaven and Hell moniker leave the ozzy songs behind...

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Graham Bonnet? that could be interesting. Maybe it would sound like BORN AGAIN, even better
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:29 am

Looks like there might be an Ozzy reunion:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144042

Personally I would love a reunion with Ozzy. I know a lot of people are against it but I think it would be the perfect way to end Black Sabbath, by going back to the classic lineup. People complain about Ozzy's voice but he was never very good to start with, it's just a part of that classic sabbath sound you just can't leave out. Anyway, with Tony, Geezer and Bill playing you can't go wrong!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:51 pm

As long as the songs are good I don't give a damn who's singing. But with that said, a reunion with Ozzy would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Glenn Hughes... the voice of rock? haha Ok!!

Danny Partridge can sing way better.

Seen that Ozzy news blurb yesterday so finally the band is coming to its own reality!! HELL YES!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:49 pm

So far it's only Ozzy and Bill that are wanting to reunite and record new material. Tony and Geezer have said nothing. Without them, obviously the reunion won't happen. Although I'm happy to see that Ozzy is keen on the idea of a new Sabbath album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5