Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?

Go down 
+36
GrandNational
Approval Guy
Schbopo
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
James B.
ultmetal
Storm_Rider89
Leatherface
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
ZetaReticuli
brontotex
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Hamer12
Addy
Ben Grimm
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Zdan wrote:
I misunderstand Sabbath to A LOT of people. I am the member of the smallest group of Sabbath fans - the Gillian and Martin die-hards. I think those two were the best Sabbath vocalists bar none.

headbanger

Dio, Gillan, Martin, baby!

Born Again is one of the best metal records of all time. I don't see how anyone can hate that album. Headless Cross is easily one of the Sabbath's best as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

i bet Scott Weinrich would sound great with Sab.

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
i bet Scott Weinrich would sound great with Sab.

I thought about that earlier as well, but I doubt he'd ever go back to just singing though, he loves to play guitar too much.

As for the people mentioning Gillan, hell yeah, I'd kill for a Born Again-band reunion. Just...don't tell Bev Bevan, please.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

detuned wrote:
Addy wrote:
Michael Bolton

(ducks)

Nah, I hear he's joining Stone Temple Pilots

You gotta stop drinking Drain-O dude
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Drain-O has a nasty aftertaste, I prefer Liquid Plumber...straight, no chaser.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Rocks or no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Gillan would be cool but it would be like seeing my Grandfather up there nowadays.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Gillan would be cool but it would be like seeing my Grandfather up there nowadays.

That's sorta how I feel about Glenn Hughes. Granted he's about 10 years younger than Dio, but he justs seems old & crotchety.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Addy wrote:
Michael Bolton

(ducks)

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Lol

Heh, it always makes me think of how he was one of the auditioning vocalists for Sabbath after Dio left. Hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Two words.

Messiah

Marcolin
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 am

Chris Barns. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 am

Tony Martin for sure
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 am

Kory Clarke Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:29 am

Required Fields wrote:
Addy wrote:
Michael Bolton

(ducks)

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Lol

Heh, it always makes me think of how he was one of the auditioning vocalists for Sabbath after Dio left. Hard to believe.

Finally someone gets it! heh Thank you hehe Thats why I said it
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 am

Ian Gillan was fantastic in Sabbath. Born Again is a great album. I saw the Born Again tour at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Fantastic show! I have a bootleg recording of it.

If Ozzy isn't interested in doing Sabbath, I think it's time for Sabbath to call it a day. I'd rather hear some more solo stuff from Iommi and Hughes, than trying to find a new lead vocalist for Sabbath.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Ian Gillan was fantastic in Sabbath. Born Again is a great album. I saw the Born Again tour at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Fantastic show! I have a bootleg recording of it.

The Stonehenge stage was so Sabbathy....Bev Bevan wasn't so Sabbathy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 am

What is Rob Rock or Jeff Scott Soto up to these days?

They could get the guy from Astral Doors to fill in Dio and call it "Astral & Hell"
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
I think Mike Vescera would be a good choice.

Good call. I like him on that Palace of Black album.

Yeah,that was a very good album.I like him on about everything he's done though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am

ultmetal wrote:

If Ozzy isn't interested in doing Sabbath, I think it's time for Sabbath to call it a day. I'd rather hear some more solo stuff from Iommi and Hughes, than trying to find a new lead vocalist for Sabbath.

100% agree with this statement
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Gillan always seems slightly embarrassed when talking about his time in Sabbath; and Geezer hated that tour and has admitted openly many times that he was estatic when Gillan quit to rejoin DP so they could "all go home".

I think the chances of that line-up ever reforming are, at best, remote.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me! Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 778825
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

100% agree with this statement

I agree with both of you.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Planchaaaa wrote:
Gillan always seems slightly embarrassed when talking about his time in Sabbath; and Geezer hated that tour and has admitted openly many times that he was estatic when Gillan quit to rejoin DP so they could "all go home".

He must not be too embarrassed about it since he recorded a new version of the song "Trashed" with Tony Iommi on his 2006 solo album.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I think chances that Gillian would perform in Sabbath now are slim to none - just as in Martin's case. Either way - my opinion is it is time to hang up the boots as Sabbath. I think the death of Dio sealed the doors on that band.
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Planchaaaa wrote:

He must not be too embarrassed about it since he recorded a new version of the song "Trashed" with Tony Iommi on his 2006 solo album.
He's actually spoken fondly about a fair few of the songs they recorded. (Zero the Hero, Disturbing The Priest, Digital B1tch); but he's talked many times about how he and Sabbath didn't really 'fit', including in the famous interview where this clip came from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppR838nSNX8 . The recent 'history of heavy metal' documentary on the BBC earlier this year had new interviews with Gillan and Geezer in which they both talked in fairly scathing terms about that year for Sabbath. Geezer calls it "the worst tour they ever did" in the 'Rock Family Trees' Sabbath episode. Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrbN7xjbvY&NR=1

I love that album; i hope it's given a respectful remastering re-release, and maybe an official release of the Gillan Eternal Idol sessions.

The live version of 'Neon Knights' on the Born Again tour was fantastic. That entire Hammersmith bootleg is fantastic, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next