Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?

Go down 
+36
GrandNational
Approval Guy
Schbopo
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
James B.
ultmetal
Storm_Rider89
Leatherface
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
ZetaReticuli
brontotex
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Hamer12
Addy
Ben Grimm
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm

King Diamond
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I think Mike Vescera would be a good choice.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I think Mike Vescera would be a good choice.

Good call. I like him on that Palace of Black album.

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

In all seriousness, I bet Rob Lowe would fill the spot great.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm

I have no idea who Rob Lowe is, how would you describe his vocal style, and is he stylistically close to any of Sabbath's singers?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 pm

I think if Martin is not willing to join then Sabbath should be laid to rest....no more Ozzy, and I hope after he tried to sue Tony that that option is out for good. Dio Ozzy and Martin have been the primary vocalists for Sabbath bringing in the single album vocalists ( though Born again is a kick @ss album) does not make sense and I question if they fit in as Black Sabbath now and they certainly are not Heaven and Hell
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 pm

manny wrote:
I have no idea who Rob Lowe is, how would you describe his vocal style, and is he stylistically close to any of Sabbath's singers?

He's the singer in both Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass. He's more in the line of Dio (not in sound per say, but in epic, soaring vocals). Great doom vocalist.

Solitude Aternus covering Heaven & Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jshS44YBBA&feature=related

Here he is in another side-project band, Concept of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMxH-KNyS8

He was also great in 'St. Elmo's Fire'. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Either ozzy or our own Trogdawn Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah if Rob Lowe joined Sabbath I would be ecstatic.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:35 pm

As strange as it sounds, I would love to hear Doug Pinnick do some Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Granted it will not happen but I would love for Martin to rejoin Sabbath for a album/tour. Why? Because it could generate interest in Martin-era Sabbath - a much neglected period of the band's history - and possibly serve as a prelude to the much needed reissues from that period of time.
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 pm

If they do continue to tour as 'Sabbath', i really hope they follow the lead of Heaven & Hell, and not perform songs from previous eras.

I don't want to hear anyone performing the classic Sabbath songs other than the original singers. I love Ronnie (R.I.P) and Gillan dearly; but i find their live versions of the Ozzy-era tracks to be completely unlistenable. Not because they're 'bad' versions, but just because it seems wrong somehow. The thought of someone singing the songs from the Dio-era(s) is as equally unappealing to me. That Heaven & Hell cover that someone posted in this thread had me cringing when the singing started, despite it being a perfectly adequate version.

Put the band together with a new singer, decide on a new name, write new material, get in the studio, tour.

Let the classics remain as classics.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Zdan wrote:
Granted it will not happen but I would love for Martin to rejoin Sabbath for a album/tour. Why? Because it could generate interest in Martin-era Sabbath - a much neglected period of the band's history - and possibly serve as a prelude to the much needed reissues from that period of time.

I would love that happen to, as my friend detuned would probably like that happen so I would shut the hell up on how I feel that era of Black Sabbath is unfairly overlooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Planchaaaa wrote:
If they do continue to tour as 'Sabbath', i really hope they follow the lead of Heaven & Hell, and not perform songs from previous eras.

I don't want to hear anyone performing the classic Sabbath songs other than the original singers. I love Ronnie (R.I.P) and Gillan dearly; but i find their live versions of the Ozzy-era tracks to be completely unlistenable. Not because they're 'bad' versions, but just because it seems wrong somehow. The thought of someone singing the songs from the Dio-era(s) is as equally unappealing to me. That Heaven & Hell cover that someone posted in this thread had me cringing when the singing started, despite it being a perfectly adequate version.

Put the band together with a new singer, decide on a new name, write new material, get in the studio, tour.

Let the classics remain as classics.

I agree with this 100%
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
I was just about to post this. He can do Dio and Ozzy material (check out Solitude's cover of "No More Tears," which isn't on YouTube).

So awesome!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Michael Bolton

(ducks)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Addy wrote:
Michael Bolton

(ducks)

Nah, I hear he's joining Stone Temple Pilots
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

He's the singer in both Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass. He's more in the line of Dio (not in sound per say, but in epic, soaring vocals). Great doom vocalist.

Solitude Aternus covering Heaven & Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jshS44YBBA&feature=related

Here he is in another side-project band, Concept of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMxH-KNyS8

He was also great in 'St. Elmo's Fire'. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_cool

LOL! I was waiting for someone somewhere to do a joke that linked Rob Lowe the actor and Rob Lowe the metal vocalist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:20 pm

The dude from Count Raven.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Planchaaaa wrote:

Let the classics remain as classics

This whole post is well said, especially the bolded. I certainly have zero interest in listening to someone try to cover the Dio era.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Paul Shortino
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Messiah Marcolin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

As I look through some of these choices, I ask myself the question...

"Have I mis-understood Black Sabbath so thoroughly over the years? Or is it everyone else?"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I misunderstand Sabbath to A LOT of people. I am the member of the smallest group of Sabbath fans - the Gillian and Martin die-hards. I think those two were the best Sabbath vocalists bar none.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next